Who will beat BA next year?

footballfan1111

Who will challenge BA next year? On paper no one should with King, Beaird, Shuler, Garlington, Pleasent, and the best on the team Cairo. Who does MBA return? And MUS? I've heard of the big boys from Ensworth but I can assure you they will not be as competitive as last year. Anderson, although faster, is no Orleans, and their offensive line will take a huge hit losing Cooper and maybe their best lineman Reeve. MUS seems like their loosing everyone, and MBA returns Riegle, Franks, Simonis, Kay, and one O-lineman? Give me your thoughts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will challenge BA next year? On paper no one should with King, Beaird, Shuler, Garlington, Pleasent, and the best on the team Cairo. Who does MBA return? And MUS? I've heard of the big boys from Ensworth but I can assure you they will not be as competitive as last year. Anderson, although faster, is no Orleans, and their offensive line will take a huge hit losing Cooper and maybe their best lineman Reeve. MUS seems like their loosing everyone, and MBA returns Riegle, Franks, Simonis, Kay, and one O-lineman? Give me your thoughts.

I know BA will be good, but I still think MUS is the team to beat. Last year they lost everybody except one person on defense and they ended up having one of the best defenses. This year they will be returning 2 starters and another 3 or 4 that rotated in and out with the starters, so i think they will still be good on defense. Offensively, the only big question they have really is the QB. Itll be between a senior and junior next year, both different style QB's. Their O-line will probably be one of the best lines they have ever had. They got some unbelievable talent at receiver and runningback so i think they should be alright.

Time will tell. BA is short on big linemen but long on speed . QB is also a ? mark since they graduated a 3 yr starter and have a backup who played very little, but who is talented. I believe BA returns 17 starters, so this is their year if it is to be.

I think BA's problems come with their coach. With their speed and athletes they should put up 50 points a game and be able to score at will. Who will be BA's lineman this year? Shuler and Barron return, neither of which in my opinion are special on offense ( I think they will both make their mark on the D-line), but I do not know of any others. I think out of the top 4 teams (MUS, MBA, BA, Ensworth) MBA and MUS will take the biggest hits. And yes, I can see how you would think MUS is still the team to beat, considering they lost most of their defense last year and still won state, but you can't forget who they had returning on offense. Bride and Bruneti were great, not to mention their great receivers. As for young talent, I noticed MUS played very little sophmores and few juniors. It seemed to me like MBA has the best rising junior class, then probably BA with Shuler, Barron, and Anor. And as for seniors it isn't hard to tell that BA has some boys that can play returning.

Just judging by their talent they should not loose. No excuses. Last year they should have thrown and run on MBA all night, and simply couldn't win. In that game also they did not go for 2 when they had the momentum and that cost them the season. I am not saying Potter is a bad coach...just that he isn't as good as Flatt, and I think that if they do not win a state championship, this will be his last season.

Frankly, I don't see anyone beating Ensworth. They should have won it all last year and I don't think they will make the same mistakes this year. O-line will be the best in the state by far with two high level D-1 kids, and both will be used as needed on d-line. Running back is solid, QB is solid, may throw a bit more, which will make them more balanced and less predictable. DBs and LBs I'm not too sure about. BA should be second. I'd then go MUS, CBHS, MBA. JMO.

At the highschool level, it's not about the talent. It's about the coaching. I think last years MUS proved that. South Panola should have rushed for 500 yards in that game, just look at all the d-1 talent they had and how much bigger they were. MUS ran a 3 man defensive front and their average d-line height and weight was at most 5'10 185lbs. But yet they held the 6A MS state champs to only 19 points. Im not saying Ensworth has bad coaching, it's just that he hasnt proven himself AT Ensworth YET. Only time will tell if Ensworth can bring it all together.

Just judging by their talent they should not loose. No excuses. Last year they should have thrown and run on MBA all night, and simply couldn't win. In that game also they did not go for 2 when they had the momentum and that cost them the season. I am not saying Potter is a bad coach...just that he isn't as good as Flatt, and I think that if they do not win a state championship, this will be his last season.

MBA's McGugin didn't go for 2 on their 2nd TD in OT, they were carrying a lot of momentum too.

Frankly, I don't see anyone beating Ensworth. They should have won it all last year and I don't think they will make the same mistakes this year. O-line will be the best in the state by far with two high level D-1 kids, and both will be used as needed on d-line. Running back is solid, QB is solid, may throw a bit more, which will make them more balanced and less predictable. DBs and LBs I'm not too sure about. BA should be second. I'd then go MUS, CBHS, MBA. JMO.

How can Ensworth's QB be solid? Don't think he has proved himself yet. He is not a runner.

I'm thinking Ensworth is going to be tough. I'd say BA should have the better players, but with the addition of Wade to the Ensworth staff, they will not only have players, but be much better prepared. Also, Coach Wade will be a big asset to in-game decisions to Coach Bowers on the sideline.

I'll take Ensworth and be gladly leave my email for bets by paypal. :popcorneater:

How can Ensworth's QB be solid? Don't think he has proved himself yet. He is not a runner.

There are strong rumors swirling around West End that, due to a myriad of athletic and academic setbacks during the 2009-2010 school year, the local all-male high school may be shuttering its doors at the close of this year. Apparently the "e"-ffect of recent new school development in West Nashville finally has had the debilitating impact it was supposed to have. A runner-up finish in football and titles in cross country, swimming, basketball, and tennis supposedly have left the Boys of Momma begging for mercy from the athletic gods (and who knows what morale will be like for supporters after track later this week). Add in having only the second most National Merit Semifinalists but the most Finalists in the state, and you have the proverbial perfect storm of events that have led the Board to say "no mas". Hey, it was a good 143-year run while it lasted.

Sarcasm aside, I am getting the fever again. It should be another great, competitive season. With two, maybe three exceptions over 13 seasons, the winner of this league has been the one with the best quarterback. Perhaps that gives Baylor fans some hope, as they may have the best one on paper coming back, but now that they have the McCallie Streak monkey off their backs, they will have to work on getting past the Nashville schools, which were largely the difference between a good and great season for Baylor.

Question - is Ensworth going to get a replacement game for the slot vacated by the North Carolina school (Tuscola, I think) that bailed on EHS last year? I assume the NC team will not be renewed after bailing last year. I'd love to see EHS snag a regional/national power needing a game. The state needs its strong programs to carry the torch for Tennessee HS football, and EHS has shown it is already equipped to hang with the strong.

My pick for 2010? I'll have to wait and see for a couple of months. If rumors of the school closure over at "4001" prove to be true, then I'm going with MUS for the three-peat. Lord knows the area DII Nashville schools will be utterly diluted with an infusion of former underachieving Crimson & Silver student-athletes looking for a new home. :roflol: