How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard he throws up to 107 mph on a good day... but what makes him so deadly is his 69 mph changeup that he will throw at any point in a count. also, he throws a killer slider and nearly unhittable knuckler. he has been scouted since he was 9 years old. good luck uc.... although, uc does have some tough hitters... stevie gosset is always a threat, and don't take their eight hole hitter, caleb long, too lightly.. this should be a good game.

UC gonna get them bats rollin on friday versus Riverside... Stevie Gossett, Cameron Powers, Branson Sherwood, Drake Parker, Tyler Steward, Zack Caveness, and Rance Barnes are all gonna be hittin on friday.. and we are pitching Rance Barnes and he can bring it just as hard lol LETS GET IT!!!

Gant struck out 14, including Stevie Gossett 3 times.

What ever that Gant kid has aint nothing on Union City's Eric Moore. He throws a 95 mph fastball and a knuckleball that is UNTOUCHABLE. Oh, and you can never be too cautious because he will throw his curveball for a strike no matter what the count is.

What color is the sky in your world??? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

The thing with Gant is, you have a chance in the first couple of innings BUT once he gets loose....he is TOUGH. Ask Union City.

But the thing is with Gant is that he is scared. Drake Parker jacked a homerun the second pitch of the game. Then, his nexted at bat he beaned him intentionally. What is he, scared? Come on..

If you think Gant is scared, you just dont know him. Trust me! Look, I am an Adamsville parent. I dislike Riverside because they have owned us. Here is the question to ask yourself....What did Drake Parker and the whole team do their 2nd and 3rd at bats? I was there. I already know the answer.

You should get honest with yourself and your team.

But the thing is with Gant is that he is scared. Drake Parker jacked a homerun the second pitch of the game. Then, his nexted at bat he beaned him intentionally. What is he, scared? Come on..

If you think Gant is scared, you just dont know him. Trust me! Look, I am an Adamsville parent. I dislike Riverside because they have owned us. Here is the question to ask yourself....What did Drake Parker and the whole team do their 2nd and 3rd at bats? I was there. I already know the answer.

You should get honest with yourself and your team.

I agree

We all agree that Gant is good but here's the thing. He can't pitch 4 games straight in the State tournament. Now if he pitches the first game and they win thru till Friday he could pitch on 3 days rest. But looking at their matchup on the first day depending on their number 2 I'd rather have him for the second round where if they win the first round they have a chance of facing Friendship who is probably one of the 3 toughest teams in this thing. So do you hold him till the 2nd day which means he likely wouldn't be ready to throw a complete game on 2 days rest assuming they win the next day. He could probably pitch 2 or 3 innings. Either way several of these teams have really good number 1's. I know that NCS and Eagleville do. I'm sure Riverside has a good number 2 to have 35 wins. Thing is you're gonna need at least a couple of other good pitchers in between. Now we can all brag about how great our bats are etc, etc... but when it comes down to it every team in this thing is gonna need some luck and some breaks. Matchups are key. You may have 9 good bats but how many times have you seen them have a day where everything they hit line drives or not goes right to the defense for an easy play. So lets ask this, do you pitch Gant first day or 2nd day? Leave all the bravado out of it and talk strategy.