Single A State Tournament

CommanderMan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Commanderman:

So far this year this year Friendship has scored 363 runs and given up 105. Those are in 34 games, so i see Friendship as being a strong contender for the championship.

Friendship recruits all of Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, and Wilson Central players who either couldn't hack it at a 3A school or couldn't make the grades. They will be good but don't seee them winning it, especially if they have to face that Hartley kid.

Friendship recruits all of Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, and Wilson Central players who either couldn't hack it at a 3A school or couldn't make the grades. They will be good but don't seee them winning it, especially if they have to face that Hartley kid.

Ha sounds like someone is a little jealous of Friendship Christian to me. Its not called recruiting, some parents want to get their kids away from a public school. This aint a public vs. private school thread though, so lets not talk about it.

Ole Possumtowner needs to speak on this.

Why would you make a statement like that? It just goes to show your knowledge of the school. A bunch of these players from FCS have gone to school there since kindergarden. Do you really think they are out recruiting the t-ball ranks?

And one more thing. They play every 3A school that will play them. As for grades, I dont know all these guys grades but I know enough to say that many of them graduated yesterday with honors and all of them will go to college. I know a bunch of their parents and many have made sacrifices to send them to this school.

Get your facts straight before you start talking recruiting and grades or you can take that conversation to another forum.

Ha sounds like someone is a little jealous of Friendship Christian to me. Its not called recruiting, some parents want to get their kids away from a public school. This aint a public vs. private school thread though, so lets not talk about it.

Think I'll chime in on this one. Why would anyone be jealous of Friendship? Granted they can get to the state tournament year in and year out, but have won it only once. Regardless of how they get their players, it comes down to winning. Then when it comes to football there is always a meltdown or McNeal panics in a big game. They either can't get past Trousdale Co. in football, and when they did, their QB threw 6 picks against JCS in the championship....why did they even pass the ball anyway?

They have had a historicly great baseball program. There is enough talent in that county to feed Central, MJ, and Lebanon in baseball along with Friendship. Whether they "recruit or not" is irrelevant....lots of schools give financial aid and still suck.....and I can think of a couple of teams that have underachieved a lot worse than FCS especially in baseball.

NCS vs. Friendship should be a great game. If Hartley pitches, I like NCS, if not I'll take the Commanders...but since he pitched Sat. I don't know if they'll start him or not from my sources.

The ace pitcher (Cody Hartley) for NCS just happens to be my brother...and he is that good. He locked down the defending state champion Summertown. Be prepared to be shut down when he steps on the mound!!!!! GO NCS EAGLES!!!!!

Is this the little sister at DCA who is dropping bombs like Hiroshima?? I hear she is going to be better then he is when it's all said and done.

Yes, in 4 years you will be seeing this little sister bringing DCA to the spring fling in softball.

FCS and Riverside should be the favorites but a lot of good teams. This time of year everyone is good and anyone can be beat on any given day especially in double elimination format. Lookin forward to it.

Gonna be a good one. :popcorneater:

The Adamsville group has won back to back State Championships in the 14 yr old age group. I know...I know....it is only All-Star league ball BUT we have seen some awfully good teams and beat them. I look forward to seeing how that experience translates to this week.

From seeing and looking around on the board i've not seen much about Hancock County nor Harriman, not seen either play but heard Hancock has the bats, they've put up quite a few runs this year. Heard a stout defense and pitching rotation is rolling in from Harriman.

Well Hancock County could very be the worst team to get to state in a while, but they are peaking right now, and you have to tip your hat to them, because they played the game of their life when it counted on Saturday.. Their "ace" probably couldn't break a window. He sometimes has a hard time getting it over the plate, but when he does, he lives over the outside edge, and that's where he will get ya. Thier bats are ok 1-4, and the number 9 hitter, but other than that, they aren't good at the plate either. Their defense is alright. No noticable soft-spots except maybe at 1st.

Harriman was handed a trip down to state on a silver platter. They beat Unaka 9-7, only two of those runs being earned. Harriman got most of their runs off of 4 Unaka errors, 10 walks, 4 wild pitches, and 5 passed balls. Harriman only had 6 hits, and only hit 4 or 5 balls out of the infield the entire game. Moral of the story: Harriman cannot hit. I wouldnt be surprised if Gant no-hits them if Riverside decides to pitch him. Their defense is average, nothing special at all... One thing they can do well is lay down a bunt, 1-9.