District 14A...What do Yall think?

volfan007

Zebra beat me to the punch, but here goes.

Humboldt returns its leading rusher and receiver, Quan Campbell. The rising senior rushed for nearly 1,700 yards over the past two seasons. Brian Harris (207 yds, 3 TD) and J.K. Kimble (181 yds) also had a productive year in the Viking backfield. Defensively, Humboldt looks solid. The team's leading tacklers, Kane Young and Zach Shepherd, return for their senior season. Providing experience for Coach Bland's defense will be Marcellous Ivory, Quincy Woods and Nino Cox.

Peabody loses its leading rusher in A.J. Collier. However, the Golden Tide return QB Jerry Rogers and RB/DB Qua Johnson, who combined for 585 rushing yards and 5 TD last season. On the defensive side, leading tacklers Hunter Bush and Austin Coleman are lost to graduation. Returning is LB Adrian Buchanan, who had 84 tackles for the Trenton squad in 2009.

Preseason talk here, both Gibson Co. teams should be in the top half of 14A. Humboldt probably has its best team in several years. They will be tested early, though, with trips to Henry Co. and Lake Co., and a visit from Milan all before mid-September. Peabody has a really good shot of making the playoffs. Following four straight wins to finish last year, then barely missing out on a wild card bid, maybe the Golden Tide rolls back into the postseason after a two-year absence.

Peabody will have a rough go as well its first three games. They will open up at Dresden and then host UC and Mckenzie so they will have their hands full as well! Peabody has the talent last year they had to get their attitudes ajusted! I do think they will have their heads on straight this season and have a good year! Shepard will be the QB for HBT and i think will only be a 10th grader i may be wrong it wont be the first time! You are right there is alot of talk in Gibson County about Peabody and HBT. Hopefully they will back up the talk and both get into the playoffs. Good luck to both squards! :popcorneater:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF will be fairly inexperienced , esp. on the offensive line. Some played consistent time last year but not a whole lot. #42 was Cody Tatum the linebacker u spoke of vol and he was a sophmore last year and he is going to be a beast the next two years. Im thinking the rb u are talking about is Avent and he dropped out 2 days before grad. Now we do have a very good rb returning though who played alot last year and he is Chance Barnes #21 i believe. Jaquay is returning at qb and has put on some muscle and is getting better. He is going to become a great qb, already is very smart with the ball and didnt make a whole lot of mistakes last season to be a freshman.

Again this season we have an abundance of freshmen who went 9-1 last season and wont their 3rd straight county chamoionship. Look for the name Tymaine Strickland to be in the rotation at rb along with Barnes, J.P. Fowler, Alex Gallien, and Khiry Lewis to name a few.

As for the district i think UC has it looked up until someone breaks in. 2.Humbolt, 3.Trenton, 4. South Fulton or Lake County, 6. Halls, 7. Greenfield

Spivey had a lot of praise for his offensive line for their improvement during spring practice...I think they will ok...SF is dangerous...

UC has one problem an thats experience. Strength and speed weellll its amazin what a UC offseason has done to correct that. I personally believe experience aint gonna be a problem either. Thats where good tough scrimmages come in. Plus while only 2 freshman got consistent time, most who will be playin as sophmores got a good amount against varsity players.

Is Keylon Hyde going to take the place of Nicks or Price ??...Who is going to take over for Jacob Worley ??...Are they going to move Maddox to the backfield or keep him on the line ??...Who is going to take the place of all-state center Will Arnold ??...That loss in itself is huge in the veer/mid-line option offense ..Who is going to step up and take the place of Rance Barnes, Zack Cavness, Stevie Gossett, Antuwan Powell, Dominic Watson on the O-Line, D-Line and LB'er positions...That's a whole lot of game experience, big game experience to replace....The Tornadoes are not afforded any cupcakes to start the season either...Trigg County will be no joke on their home field...Don't kid yourself about the difficulty UC will face playing in Kentucky...Peabody and Huntingdon follow on the road..Obion Central will be no push-over and Trinity Christian will bring in Alabama-verbal Jabriel Washington...I'm sure every Tornado fan remembers what he did last year in Jackson against UC..UC also has to go play at Humboldt and every indication points to them being much improved over last season...Add to that the fact UC is defending 1A State Champion..The Tornadoes will have a huge bulls-eye on their back this season......

Be that as it may P&G. But u cant put much into just one scrimmage with such a young program. We will see what this offseason does and with some preseason scrimmages.

Wasn't thinking about the scrimmage with South Gibson at all...Just going by what Spivey said about his o-line's improvement over the spring as a whole....

UC has one problem an thats experience. Strength and speed weellll its amazin what a UC offseason has done to correct that. I personally believe experience aint gonna be a problem either. Thats where good tough scrimmages come in. Plus while only 2 freshman got consistent time, most who will be playin as sophmores got a good amount against varsity players.

Is Keylon Hyde going to take the place of Nicks or Price ??...Who is going to take over for Jacob Worley ??...Are they going to move Maddox to the backfield or keep him on the line ??...Who is going to take the place of all-state center Will Arnold ??...That loss in itself is huge in the veer/mid-line option offense ..Who is going to step up and take the place of Rance Barnes, Zack Cavness, Stevie Gossett, Antuwan Powell, Dominic Watson on the O-Line, D-Line and LB'er positions...That's a whole lot of game experience, big game experience to replace....The Tornadoes are not afforded any cupcakes to start the season either...Trigg County will be no joke on their home field...Don't kid yourself about the difficulty UC will face playing in Kentucky...Peabody and Huntingdon follow on the road..Obion Central will be no push-over and Trinity Christian will bring in Alabama-verbal Jabriel Washington...I'm sure every Tornado fan remembers what he did last year in Jackson against UC..UC also has to go play at Humboldt and every indication points to them being much improved over last season...Add to that the fact UC is defending 1A State Champion..The Tornadoes will have a huge bulls-eye on their back this season......

during spring practice keylon got most of the time at fullback ( with trey maddox and kelly scales gettin occasional carries i believe) as for others i think its still a proving ground

during spring practice keylon got most of the time at fullback ( with trey maddox and kelly scales gettin occasional carries i believe) as for others i think its still a proving ground

Kelly Scales could be a beast....

• 2 weeks later...

IFFFFFF Humboldt can find a QB that is somewhat as efficient as Dunbar, I pick Humboldt to win 14A. Humboldt will have the best RB in Single A in West TN in Quan Campbell. If they get a QB back there that can throw the ball decently and complete 5-10 passes a game, Humboldt could be very dangerous next year.

IFFFFFF Humboldt can find a QB that is somewhat as efficient as Dunbar, I pick Humboldt to win 14A. Humboldt will have the best RB in Single A in West TN in Quan Campbell. If they get a QB back there that can throw the ball decently and complete 5-10 passes a game, Humboldt could be very dangerous next year.

They'd Had Won Last Year With Some Completions. Humboldt Was Missing A Lil Here And A Lil There.