MJ vs. Science Hill

MJBASEBALL95

Slacker is a grown man not related to Science Hill but a regular attender of games. If you think that D-No has not been pulled to save him from losses then you need to put down the Hill kool-aid. Even many of the players from the last two years will tell you that he has. It is not Daniel's fault, he wanted the ball yesterday but Edwards was doing what the advisors told him to do. Don't do anything that might get him a loss. Daniel wants to compete and prove that he has the stuff but Edwards and the advisors are afraid of what will hapen to his standing if he is beat.

Again, I'm not bashing Edwards except it is funny that he pitched him 180 innings in two days and yet said he could not pitch yesterday on 3 day's rest because he threw 113 pitches on Friday. Get real. It works when it is good for you but doesn't when it is not. The EC Yankees will get Daniel straightened out this summer and be ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he opted not to play his senior year and get ready for the draft.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a rematch against science hill and after an hour and a half rain delay, sophomore pitcher for Mt. Juliet shuts down science hill. Final being 10-4, Caleb Chowbay starter for MJ gave up only 2 hits in 6 innings of work. Ethan Gross finished out the 7th as MJ advances to play Houston again tomorrow. Science hill was dominated by a sophomore who hadn't thrown in nearly 4 weeks. It was an awesome game. Congrats to Science Hill and good luck to MJ.

If Edwards wasn't gonna start Norris, why didn't he come with him when they got behind early. There wa no tomorrow. It makes you wonder if someone else isn't pulling the strings. Defense did let them down in the 1st loss to MJ, but if Norris is on the mound then how many of those balls are even in play. Edwards lost this tourney by not throwing Norris in Game 1. Phifer threw on three days rest if i'm not mistaken. I'm not a parent or really a fan of science hill. I did pay college baseball and know you can't lose that 1st game and get into the losers bracket.

As some would say about me, I'm not an Edwards fan but I am a Norris supporter. He is a competitor. The problem is I believe there are others dictating who does what on the Science Hill game. There are two ADVISORS that are at almost every game, for sure every big game. They talk to Edwards and Norris after every game. It has been said that they tell Edwards when and how to pitch Norris. He wants to pitch the big games and face the big teams. The sad part is that as the best pitcher in 2011 he was 6-0 on the year. They will say 8-0 but there is no way he gets the win yesterday after being pulled in the 2nd and then brought back. It has to go to the 4 inning guy. How does the best pitcher in 2011 class only have 6 wins on the year. Others can say what they want but he has been pulled in many games where it seemed he would lose. Boone being the obvious one where he was knocked off the mound in the 4th. The advisors were seen ripping Edwards a new one after the game for pitching him in the rain and then pulling him in the 4th. If they are not pulling the strings, it sure appears that way. I say let the kid show what he has and prove that he is the man, like I believe he is, win or lose. I will say it again, there is no way Jeff Reed would have taken this from anyone. And in no way do I believe Daniel is responsible. He just wants to play ball.

I also believe if it was left to him, he would be playing football this fall.

Entreri, I would disagree about the not so talented group. Of the players coming back, DAniel, Zach, Will, Nick, and Jeffrey were on the Jr. Toppers. They were one of the top teams in the nation. Kevin also played on the Kingsport Select team that played a lot of tough teams. So, to say they did not have the talent is a joke. They have played some of the top teams in the US. They also have the #1 player in the nation for 2011.

I think Norris pitched so many innings in the district tournament and substate that Coach Edwards didn't feel that DNo would be as effective in the first game of state. The problem was not having a consistent #2 pitcher to go to. Science Hill had several pitchers that had a few real good games, but they had also had some games that they got beat up.

If Science Hill hadn't fielded so poorly in the first game against Mt. Juliet, Edwards might have been heralded as a genius. If Science Hill had won the first game, Science Hill would have probably won the second game with DNo pitching. By the third game as winners, you are facing a depleted pitching staff from the losers bracket.

Pitching was Science Hill's achilles heel from the start of the season. I was hoping that the hitting would be good enough to hide the pitching problems. Your pitching doesn't need to be that good if your team is scoring 12 or 13 runs a game. I figured DNo was finished yesterday when he had to pitch the 7th inning against Coffee County and to Coffee County's credit, they extended the inning.

As some would say about me, I'm not an Edwards fan but I am a Norris supporter. He is a competitor. The problem is I believe there are others dictating who does what on the Science Hill game. There are two ADVISORS that are at almost every game, for sure every big game. They talk to Edwards and Norris after every game. It has been said that they tell Edwards when and how to pitch Norris. He wants to pitch the big games and face the big teams. The sad part is that as the best pitcher in 2011 he was 6-0 on the year. They will say 8-0 but there is no way he gets the win yesterday after being pulled in the 2nd and then brought back. It has to go to the 4 inning guy. How does the best pitcher in 2011 class only have 6 wins on the year. Others can say what they want but he has been pulled in many games where it seemed he would lose. Boone being the obvious one where he was knocked off the mound in the 4th. The advisors were seen ripping Edwards a new one after the game for pitching him in the rain and then pulling him in the 4th. If they are not pulling the strings, it sure appears that way. I say let the kid show what he has and prove that he is the man, like I believe he is, win or lose. I will say it again, there is no way Jeff Reed would have taken this from anyone. And in no way do I believe Daniel is responsible. He just wants to play ball.

I also believe if it was left to him, he would be playing football this fall.

You mean to tell me a high school coach answers to 2 "advisors"? Wow, when you say "advisors" is this parents, an agent, local mafia..... what is it? Makes no sense. Please explain "advisors.