Coaches Can't coach their children in FC?

ELA

I was informed by a friend who still works in Franklin County that the new policy is a HEAD COACH in any sport) CAN'T COACH A SPORT that their SON or DAUGHTER plays? Is this true? If so, is there any school system in TN that has this policy?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the case then Coach Morris should not be allowed to coach his grandsons on the baseball team. Everyone knows he is the real head coach who coaches year round and ignores most of the TSSAA rules. The new director fired a very good coach and a good family man from the baseball position and after no one would accept the position they gave it to the coach who had been fired seven or eight years before to make room for the coach that was fired to search for a "great coach" which they never found. Good old Ricky should be gone too if Coach Smith can't coach his daughter on the softball team! IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SUCH IDIOTIC RULES IT SHOULD APPLY ACROSS THE BOARD TO ALL FAMILY MEMBERS! THIS IS ONE REALLY MESSED UP RULE AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS LADY'S CONTRACT IS UP! I have spoken to two school board members who have said they will not vote to rehire the current superintendent.

Dang it, now I'm all worked up and I need something to drink! I think I will head down to the Lake and fish!

If this is the case then Coach Morris should not be allowed to coach his grandsons on the baseball team. Everyone knows he is the real head coach who coaches year round and ignores most of the TSSAA rules. The new director fired a very good coach and a good family man from the baseball position and after no one would accept the position they gave it to the coach who had been fired seven or eight years before to make room for the coach that was fired to search for a "great coach" which they never found. Good old Ricky should be gone too if Coach Smith can't coach his daughter on the softball team! IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SUCH IDIOTIC RULES IT SHOULD APPLY ACROSS THE BOARD TO ALL FAMILY MEMBERS! THIS IS ONE REALLY MESSED UP RULE AND I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS LADY'S CONTRACT IS UP! I have spoken to two school board members who have said they will not vote to rehire the current superintendent.

Dang it, now I'm all worked up and I need something to drink! I think I will head down to the Lake and fish!

Just be sure to use a "Dupont" lure and you will get your limit. :D:lol:

I was informed by a friend who still works in Franklin County that the new policy is a HEAD COACH in any sport) CAN'T COACH A SPORT that their SON or DAUGHTER plays? Is this true? If so, is there any school system in TN that has this policy?

I know at Alcoa Gary Rankin is the head football coach and his son John Tucker is the starting center on the offensive line.

You better have a fishing license i will be checking! :lol:-_- What a great way to relax :lol:

A school board member se false says these are false. Director tried to get this done but was shut down.

Ask Carlos Smith if it is false. What about football at Huntland, they will be effected too. When people make these kinds of rules they don't understand what impact it will have on families.