Brandon Lopez is back at AE!

MMcCroskey

Players move around in Knoxville like its musical chairs, and y'all take swipes at GP?!? :huh:

I have nothing wrong with GP, but what they have done the past 2 off-seasons with transfers is a little more out there then just transferring from one school to the other. I'm glad to see GP, and their massive team, all they need is a TRUE point guard and they will have a great shot at state. Their addition to that district has made it the most competitive basketball district I can remember having around here.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players move around in Knoxville like its musical chairs, and y'all take swipes at GP?!? :huh:

I have nothing wrong with GP, but what they have done the past 2 off-seasons with transfers is a little more out there then just transferring from one school to the other. I'm glad to see GP, and their massive team, all they need is a TRUE point guard and they will have a great shot at state. Their addition to that district has made it the most competitive basketball district I can remember having around here.

Appreciate the words about their team, but my point is Jose Agosto is the only true transfer to the program, and his family knew Raul and wanted him to play here, simple as that. As mentioned before, Morrease Barber transfered here for VERY real and personal reasons that in no way had anything to do with basketball (the kid is a stand-up guy in a sit-down world if you ask me). We have his brother Walt (who is primarily a football player) as a result of him seeing how things have been for Morrease here.

Contrast that to the literally dozens of "transfers" within Knox County, and well . . . we are hardly running a basketball mill up here in Gatlinburg.

You hit the nail on the head on the point guard (my son). He would love nothing more than to move to 2 guard, and has been shooting well enough to fill the spot left by McKinley Maples - but he is doing his best to fill the 1 spot, and is working hard in this off season to play the role his team currently needs.

We shall see how it goes.

Appreciate the words about their team, but my point is Jose Agosto is the only true transfer to the program, and his family knew Raul and wanted him to play here, simple as that. As mentioned before, Morrease Barber transfered here for VERY real and personal reasons that in no way had anything to do with basketball (the kid is a stand-up guy in a sit-down world if you ask me). We have his brother Walt (who is primarily a football player) as a result of him seeing how things have been for Morrease here.

Contrast that to the literally dozens of "transfers" within Knox County, and well . . . we are hardly running a basketball mill up here in Gatlinburg.

You hit the nail on the head on the point guard (my son). He would love nothing more than to move to 2 guard, and has been shooting well enough to fill the spot left by McKinley Maples - but he is doing his best to fill the 1 spot, and is working hard in this off season to play the role his team currently needs.

You have made this comment a couple of times about Barber. The bottom line he is still a transfer regardless of his personal situation. I hate that a young man has these issues at a young age and I appreciate him trying to make things right but he is still a transfer. By the rules, he should have sit out 1 year and played this year. As much as I dislike some of the TSSAA bylaws, they are very clear on the transfer rule.

Mr McCroskey,

Been out of the loop for a few weeks now. How has the team looked during camps?

TNHSBBallFan:

Barber was cleared directly by TSSAA to play, pure and simple - and considering how this young man is living up to his responsibilities, rightly so. Please contrast this to the "moving" that goes on constantly in Knoxville.

Again, Mo is a stand-up guy in a sit-down world.

CNEagle13:

GP played 6 games up at LMU camp, won all 6. They played 11 games, I believe, in total in just 4 days time at MC camp, and after going 6-0 on the first 2 days, started running out of gas on Friday (2-1) and Saturday (0-2), losing to Central (although later beating an Atlanta team on Friday by near 20 that played Central to a last second shot loss). 11 Games in less than 96 hours - Raul was pushing them hard and, all things considered, I thought they responded well.

One of their biggest team strengths is they play very unselfish ball - they care little about personal achievement at the team's expense. These guys genuinely like each other, and play hard for one another.

Nix has it right, and I agree totally myself . . . my son Jon, who has really developed into a 2 guard, will be the key at point. He has played point his whole career, but is just not the quick slashing point guard that is usual in most state championship teams. He has other strengths, and we shall see if he can find the right tools to get the job done as the GP leader.

• 2 weeks later...
With Fulton's coach, I would never count them out of any basketball season, no doubt on that one. It is very early in the process, but simply based on who is returning, Carter and GP have to be considered early "favorites" is my only point - and based on what little team camp activity that has taken place so far.

Carter returns the likes of Wilson, Bennett, and Ballinger (in fact, didn't they only lose one senior off last years team?) - GP returns Agosto, Barber, McCroskey and Buckner and has 9-10 players in the AAU system atm (but they did lose 2 starting seniors).

It would be GREAT to get some updates on the Fulton players - Galen Campbell is certainly a known factor, but what about Queener, Cason and Jackson. Is size not going to be a challenge for Fulton as well? As of last years listings, don't believe any of these players were listed over 6'2" - but high school players have been known to grow :bored: !

Campbell is 6'4 almost 6'5 now... and they added Lawson (6'1) a great point guard.. and Jamal Thomas good shooter. and other good defenders and finishers

Players move around in Knoxville like its musical chairs, and y'all take swipes at GP?!? :roflol:

McCrosky you cant take anything dyron has to say serious he is involved with a.c. who has already seen 2 new transfers this year and not includin gthe ones they already have for him to throw stones is laughable. H eis better suited to coach girls golf but we all know ther is no anti-nepotism law in cow land