Tom Insell new coach at Franklin co.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Tom! Hope you can get your Franklin County feeder program groomed like your dad did in Shelbyville. Teaching fundamentals, applying pressure, ability to handle pressure, and man to man defense. Back in the old days, he had his feeder program pump fundamentals. That allowed him to take care of Championships when they got to high school. The parents wanting the best for their kids (transferring) didn't come until after he established success.

And for those who question Tom's ability to coach: Your are not a student of the game. The man can flat out coach. My advice to the rest of middle Tenneessee: tie your shoe up tight. You had better be hungry. Playing the Rebelettes may now be like going to a buffet - GET ALL YOU WANT AND MAYBE MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE.

Congrats Tom to you and your wife on your new Baby.

Congratulations Tom! Hope you can get your Franklin County feeder program groomed like your dad did in Shelbyville. Teaching fundamentals, applying pressure, ability to handle pressure, and man to man defense. Back in the old days, he had his feeder program pump fundamentals. That allowed him to take care of Championships when they got to high school. The parents wanting the best for their kids (transferring) didn't come until after he established success.

And for those who question Tom's ability to coach: Your are not a student of the game. The man can flat out coach. My advice to the rest of middle Tenneessee: tie your shoe up tight. You had better be hungry. Playing the Rebelettes may now be like going to a buffet - GET ALL YOU WANT AND MAYBE MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE.

What feeder program were you referring to in Shelbyville?

What feeder program were you referring to in Shelbyville?

The program that taught ball-p, s-line b-line, deny, closing-o, help-s, point your guns, boxing-o, hedging, talking on d, rotation. Simply put - BASKETBALL. Then they worked on offense. LOL. Any person who buys their sate tournament tickets a year in advance could have answered that.

There are so many questions at this point with this subject, it could fill up this site. I hope he does well, gets what he wants out of it and makes whatever point he wants to make. He knows some of their players already and Franklin county should be all right this year and have a good year.

Are new players going to be coming in from "all over the country", which was mentioned as a certainty at Shelbyville had he gotten the job there? Don't blame me, that's just what was written, stuff like "If he brings the right one or two AAU girls with him look out for SCHS next year" or "kids from all over the state and country in some cases were ready to move in and put Shelbyville back on top" (not help the existing players, I suppose, just doing it all on their own).

Are new players going to be coming in from "all over the country", which was mentioned as a certainty at Shelbyville had he gotten the job there? Don't blame me, that's just what was written, stuff like "If he brings the right one or two AAU girls with him look out for SCHS next year" or "kids from all over the state and country in some cases were ready to move in and put Shelbyville back on top" (not help the existing players, I suppose, just doing it all on their own).

Indian, this post will take some time but your post does bring up some questions that parents and players wonder about in the infastructure of Middle school>high school>College/University and how does all of that go on. This post is not pretty and becasue of your post and another poster posting about TI and the current system and the way it works, this post is written not as a revealing conspiracyidea but to get the Indians ideas, being in AAU, of what the real story is.

It was true that all of those statements were made by those who were interested in who got the coaching job at SHS. The job was still open at the time. Everyone was going to try to promise everything for their candidates sake. No one could prove any thing and the Superintendent finally announced the choice.

How did the selection get to the point that all of these things were brought up was my thoughts and evidently Indian had some of the same thoughts. TI must be a good guy and the DNJ article written by Greg Pogue so stated. What is different is the stages which Ri went thru to be a great coach and how girls basketball has changed over the last 10 years. The organization has changed and those in it know its changed and have tried to take it another step and may have gone a little too fast.