Ooltewah Owls 2010

FatSak

With a new head coach and def.cord.,what will the owls bring to the table?(if anything)Some new linemen with size and speed have supposedly moved in from up north(vw plant)other than that,I've heard nothing. I know its early,just curious about what everybody thinks the owls record could be?chance at playoffs... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
I am hoping you guys can make it to state. You always come so close and have undefeated teams but fizzle out in playoffs. Heres hoping to a good year for you guys.

yo raider

Playing and competing in the state semifinals and losing to the eventual state champ is not fizzling out

over the last 5 yrs.. on any given Friday night when the Owls played....they would WIN (on average) 9 games out of 10...period.....

you old ooltewah fans need to appreciate a winning program...the state rings and banners happen when the time is right

early prediction for 2010 season ...owls go undefeated in region/district play....host 1st round playoff game in 6A

yo raider

Playing and competing in the state semifinals and losing to the eventual state champ is not fizzling out

over the last 5 yrs.. on any given Friday night when the Owls played....they would WIN (on average) 9 games out of 10...period.....

you old ooltewah fans need to appreciate a winning program...the state rings and banners happen when the time is right

early prediction for 2010 season ...owls go undefeated in region/district play....host 1st round playoff game in 6A

HAHAHAHA !!!!LMAO

With a new head coach and def.cord.,what will the owls bring to the table?(if anything)Some new linemen with size and speed have supposedly moved in from up north(vw plant)other than that,I've heard nothing. I know its early,just curious about what everybody thinks the owls record could be?chance at playoffs... :huh:

Owls will be ok..but nothing like they have been. Benny would not have left if he had a great team coming back. Thats the way he works..Only stays at a school while it's stocked full of talent then he bails at the first sign of a downturn. I dont think they will be 1-9 or anything like that..but 9-1 probably isnt gonna happen ethier. Probably 5-5 ,6-4 and in the hunt for a playoff spot. They will be more on the level of a Soddy/Mcminn team.

Although i would love to see the owls go 10-0 this season, losing a lot of talent, having a new coaching staff, on top of only having a couple of seniors, will make it challenging for us to win 4 or 5 games this season. I hope for the best. GO OWLS!

Wrong on so many levels.1st:the owls are not rebuilding,PERIOD!!.,.all the seniors we lost(25 or so)is no big deal,because only 4 played both ways and of those 4,Jacquez Smith really did anything,the others just ran down field as decoys(mayfield,delaney,zarzar)The offense will be alot better starting at QB with Manning(he is a double threat running-passing),the O-line returns with only 2 holes to fill(but we will be fine,because of some transfers),defense will be fine maybe even better because of a new scheme.Don't get me wrong Smith,Patty,Mayfield,Bruelle and Delaney wil be sorely missed,but all thier back-ups are really good ball players. BOTTOM LINE owls are not as young everyone may think.A couple of returning seniors from last years roster,but alot of kids are coming back out or transfering in because of vw plant,SO OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL IS ALIVE AND WELL!! THIS COACHING STAFF MAY BE BETTER THAN LAST YEARS.I HOPE EVERYBODY(OPPONENTS) GO IN THINKING OWLS ARE DOWN,only works in our favor.

Edited by VOID70

Wrong on so many levels.1st:the owls are not rebuilding,PERIOD!!.,.all the seniors we lost(25 or so)is no big deal,because only 4 played both ways and of those 4,Jacquez Smith really did anything,the others just ran down field as decoys(mayfield,delaney,zarzar)The offense will be alot better starting at QB with Manning(he is a double threat running-passing),the O-line returns with only 2 holes to fill(but we will be fine,because of some transfers),defense will be fine maybe even better because of a new scheme.Don't get me wrong Smith,Patty,Mayfield,Bruelle and Delaney wil be sorely missed,but all thier back-ups are really good ball players. BOTTOM LINE owls are not as young everyone may think.A couple of returning seniors from last years roster,but alot of kids are coming back out or transfering in because of vw plant,SO OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL IS ALIVE AND WELL!! THIS COACHING STAFF MAY BE BETTER THAN LAST YEARS.I HOPE EVERYBODY(OPPONENTS) GO IN THINKING OWLS ARE DOWN,only works in our favor.

OK, most of the time when you lose 25 seniors and return a couple, change coaches,, and start a senior qb that never started at the position until this year, you're talking about rebuilding. I don't think the fans expect much which means these guys should not have much pressure on them. It wouldn't shock me if Creech is the qb by mid year, especially if the Owls start slowly. I don't think other schools will think the Owls are down but they will be looking for payback for the last few years.

OK, most of the time when you lose 25 seniors and return a couple, change coaches,, and start a senior qb that never started at the position until this year, you're talking about rebuilding. I don't think the fans expect much which means these guys should not have much pressure on them. It wouldn't shock me if Creech is the qb by mid year, especially if the Owls start slowly. I don't think other schools will think the Owls are down but they will be looking for payback for the last few years.

OK...OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW. So right out of the gate,you start talking about replacing the QB?...The QB will be Manning,Period.When idiots like you make comments like that it means YOU HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND or something against Manning.Owls will be fine.keep on hatin on the owls.

Edited by VOID70

OK...OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW. So right out of the gate,you start talking about replacing the QB?...The QB will be Manning,Period.When idiots like you make comments like that it means only 2 things.YOUR RETARDED OR HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND.

ok whatever you say. I'm not going to fight you over it. LOL