Top teams in All Classes

basketballnut

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that at Team Camp @ A-game Ensworth split with Hillsboro and Jackson County. Ensworth hosted a Team Camp and lost to JPII there. Along the way they beat Overton, Cane Ridge, Cunberland Co, FRA, Westmoreland, and Brentwood.
It is likely that Metro saw some of those games at those camps, which does bring up why I was asking. Early in the year may or may not mean anything except on a chemistry basis these days because many of the players are also playing summer league along with going to team camps. I was just wondering based on the competition. JPII lost at least their best player from last year but had some other good players, FRA had some good players as did the rest on the list. Hillsboro will be good and Jackson County is Jackson County. A lot of those schools had summer league players also. 44 knows of missing players which likely all schools had. From what I understand, this year generally is a good year as far as freshman are concerned and some will help schools a lot.

Ensworth really? After all they lost from last year (Alsmiller, Carpenter, Parker, etc...) what do they have replacing that much of their offense?

Really Ensworth! They are young and you better beat them early. Because if they stay healthy they will be hard to beat in next spring. The lost of Alsmiller and Carpenter will be great, but Slay and Byner are two of the best forwards returning and Swett is one of the best point guards who can lock down the other teams best scorer. They play defense as well as anybody in the State. I think you will see another Riverdale vs. Mt. Juliet State Championship. Clarksville is very very good.

Ensworth really? After all they lost from last year (Alsmiller, Carpenter, Parker, etc...) what do they have replacing that much of their offense?

Having seen Ensworth I would say they will be every bit as good as last years team- Slay, Byner and Swett have noticably improved. They have good size, speed and played very effective m2m defense. What might be more important they seemed to have good chemistry- They destributed the ball very well and beat FRA easily. Ensworth had two teams playing (JV I guess)- not sure what players were participating when they played JP II..... hard to see them losing to JP II, a team that FRA beat easily in this camp.