High School picks 2003 State Contenders.

mammy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by dropball:

Some that come to mind...Beech, Soddy, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Columbia Acadamy, Friendship, all have good pitchers returning and were strong last year. Some others to watch in Middle TN...Hendersonville, Forrest, Dickson Co., Coffee County, Shelbyville.

[Edited by fish4 on 9-28-02 8:20A]

Posted by dropball:

Some that come to mind...Beech, Soddy, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Columbia Acadamy, Friendship, all have good pitchers returning and were strong last year. Some others to watch in Middle TN...Hendersonville, Forrest, Dickson Co., Coffee County, Shelbyville.

Also in midstate, Lavergne, Rossview, Brentwood, Wilson Central, Davidson Academy will be there.

In the west, Collierville, St. Benedict, Germantown and

Bartlett will be contenders.

In the east, Unicoi, Maryville, GPS, Soddy will be there.

Watch out for Hunters Lane in 2003. After loosing only 3 seniors in 2002, they should still be a very strong team. With the pitching of Amber Steen and the defense they had last year, they are likely to win another District 12-AAA title. Also, Hendersonville will be a strong team this year. Pitchers Heather Tucker an Hannah Johnson have been looking good all fall. Also, if they hit the ball like they know they can, this team could go far. Keep an eye on right fielder Jessie Bain as well. She won honorable mention as a freshman for the All-District team. She should be just as good as last year. :x

Posted by redbaron515:

Watch out for Hunters Lane in 2003. After loosing only 3 seniors in 2002, they should still be a very strong team. With the pitching of Amber Steen and the defense they had last year, they are likely to win another District 12-AAA title. Also, Hendersonville will be a strong team this year. Pitchers Heather Tucker an Hannah Johnson have been looking good all fall. Also, if they hit the ball like they know they can, this team could go far. Keep an eye on right fielder Jessie Bain as well. She won honorable mention as a freshman for the All-District team. She should be just as good as last year. :x

you are right about Hunters Lane; also don't leave out

another Hendersonville pitcher, Casey Teal, who also has

improved a lot and will be counted on.

:o

Posted by redbaron515:

I agree about Casey Teal. I saw her pitch yesterday and she showed some good stuff. I didnt see her pitch last season, but I am sure she will split time with Tucker an Johnson. I do hope that they make it farther in the districts this upcoming season.

Thanks redbaron, good luck to y'all too.

:)

1A- Goodpasture has to be the favorite. I want to beat them more than anyone in the world, I can promise you that, but they have so much young talent. They are all used to playing together, and really don't have a huge weak spot.

Just to put in a good word for my team, we (Ezell) are going to be working hard this winter and ae going to be ready to fight for the respect we lost last year.

2A- David Lipscomb. Megan Rhodes is back for her junior year, and I really think that if she pitches like I know she can that no one can beat her. She proved that to me in Illinois at nationals. Plus they got the bats spread out through their line-up. Good Luck Girls!

D2- Father Ryan is deffinatley going to be a big team this year. BA lost Sara Meek, so they are on a "rebuilding" year, which makes life way easier for Katherine Harrison and her Lady Irish. Not to mention Harrison's chemistry with her catcher, Amanda Derrick. She is very under-rated. Plus with both of thier bats and Becky Bales in the line up, they are going to be tuff!

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 9-30-02 8:20P]

Posted by EzellSoftball04:

1A- Goodpasture has to be the favorite. I want to beat them more than anyone in the world, I can promise you that, but they have so much young talent. They are all used to playing together, and really don't have a huge weak spot.

Just to put in a good word for my team, we (Ezell) are going to be working hard this winter and ae going to be ready to fight for the respect we lost last year.

2A- David Lipscomb. Megan Rhodes is back for her junior year, and I really think that if she pitches like I know she can that no one can beat her. She proved that to me in Illinois at nationals. Plus they got the bats spread out through their line-up. Good Luck Girls!

D2- Father Ryan is deffinatley going to be a big team this year. BA lost Sara Meek, so they are on a "rebuilding" year, which makes life way easier for Katherine Harrison and her Lady Irish. Not to mention Harrison's chemistry with her catcher, Amanda Derrick. She is very under-rated. Plus with both of thier bats and Becky Bales in the line up, they are going to be tuff!

[Edited by EzellSoftball04 on 9-30-02 8:20P]

In regards to your comment about Ezell losing respect. Trust me there was,nt any lost... everyone goes through a rebuild.