Lincoln Co 27 Oakland 21 OT

jabbo

Oakland was given two of their touchdowns...score should have been 24-7.

Also, I think the coaches did a really good job...the Falcons got better as the game progressed, both on offense and defense. The fumbles gave Oakland those two touchdowns.

Keep it up...I like it like that! :D:D:)

[Edited by jabbo on 9-27-02 11:06P]

Posted by jabbo:

Oakland was given two of their touchdowns...score should have been 24-7.

Also, I think the coaches did a really good job...the Falcons got better as the game progressed, both on offense and defense. The fumbles gave Oakland those two touchdowns.

Keep it up...I like it like that! :D:D:)

[Edited by jabbo on 9-27-02 11:06P]

That was a bizarre play at the end of the first half. LC attempted a 23-yard filed goal leading 14-7. The field goal was blocked and picked up by the LC kicker. He broke several tackles, got down to the five, then either fumbled or attempted to lateral and the ball was picked off in the air by Oakland and returned 95 yards for the tying TD as time expired in the first half.

Oakland's last TD tied the game at 2all when Oakland punted the ball dead at the one and Lincoln County fumbled on first down. Oakland scored on the next play. Lincoln County won it 27-21 in OT.

[Edited by coacht on 9-28-02 12:03A]

Guest region4fan

Patriots...I just want to tell you how proud I am to be associated with Oakland football. You boys have class all the way. You never gave up and hung tough,Even though the score was not what we all hoped for in the end, you guys have all the heart, talent , and skill to finish the season off in style.Keep those heads up boys ! We fans are behind you all the way!!!I sure enjoyed the spirit on your sidelines cause that is what it is all about!I especially want to congratulate Chris Hill for an outstanding game!!! Also Triple B- great block for #8 in that touchdown at the half!!!Now let's get ready for the BLAZE!

Guest region4fan

Since you were there......just wondering....was Marease #3 in bounds in OT when he caught the pass ? Several parents who videoed it said that he was. I was at an awkward angle and was not completely sure.Of course now it doesn's really matter.....but....what do you think?

Posted by region4fan:

Since you were there......just wondering....was Marease #3 in bounds in OT when he caught the pass ? Several parents who videoed it said that he was. I was at an awkward angle and was not completely sure.Of course now it doesn's really matter.....but....what do you think?

The controversy on the play to which you are referring was not whether he was in bounds or not, but if he broke the plain of the endzone. I had the priviledge of watching the overtime on tape after the game with coach Thompson. On the play, Crawford was in the endzone, but came back out to the 1 yard line to catch the ball, which was where Arrington Bryson made the tackle to keep him from getting back into the endzone with the ball. It was a good call by the official. Being a Falcon fan, I even had my doubts as to whether or not he scored but after seeing it on tape, I realized that the official made the right call. It was just a classic game between two of the longest running, biggest rivals in the state.