Macon Co. @ Trousdale Co.

geo1126

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for this to be a pretty good ballgame.

I've talked to someone in the know, and they don't seem to be too impressed with the jackets right now.

However, they thought the same thing this time last year.

:rolleyes: Go ahead and pick one Croz. Surely you can give us your favorite. :roflol: Heck I'm picking ya'll to lose just one game all year. :roflolk:

I look for this to be a pretty good ballgame.

I've talked to someone in the know, and they don't seem to be too impressed with the jackets right now.

However, they thought the same thing this time last year.

Funny you brought this up Croz. I too was talking to someone "in the know" just yesterday about this years squad. For the past two years the questions have been the same. But you're right...last year at this time we weren't too impressed, even with higher expectations. I'll go as far as to say that most weren't that impressed until after the Friendship game.

Even with all the success that we've had, there have only been a handful of teams that were expected (by our community...at least the smart ones) to win it all, or the season would be a complete bust. Most of those teams came home with gold...'97,'98,'05,'09 immediately coming to mind. Schools of our size go through cycles (you know that), but something tells me that you're not going to see the drop off we had in '06-'07.

As of right now....I'm not that impressed, but I haven't been "wowed" at this time for five years now and we've brought home gold twice since then. I guess we'll just have to see how this one play out. :thumb:

Funny you brought this up Croz. I too was talking to someone "in the know" just yesterday about this years squad. For the past two years the questions have been the same. But you're right...last year at this time we weren't too impressed, even with higher expectations. I'll go as far as to say that most weren't that impressed until after the Friendship game.

Even with all the success that we've had, there have only been a handful of teams that were expected (by our community...at least the smart ones) to win it all, or the season would be a complete bust. Most of those teams came home with gold...'97,'98,'05,'09 immediately coming to mind. Schools of our size go through cycles (you know that), but something tells me that you're not going to see the drop off we had in '06-'07.

As of right now....I'm not that impressed, but I haven't been "wowed" at this time for five years now and we've brought home gold twice since then. I guess we'll just have to see how this one play out. :thumb:

The person I talked to is very close to the program, and he always downplays how they're doing in everything, so I've actually quit paying too much attention to him. as far as that goes. However, when he says they're looking good, they're looking great.

Why are they having to sit the starters?

because of the fight between them and westmoreland last year. they punished westmoreland by sitting them during basketball, which isnt right in my opinion. Oh well, our freshman will not be easy to run over, I promise.

because of the fight between them and westmoreland last year. they punished westmoreland by sitting them during basketball, which isnt right in my opinion. Oh well, our freshman will not be easy to run over, I promise.

macon doesn't have to set out any starters. all the players that got in the fight with westmoreland were seniors last year and they all got punished, one had to set out of basketball.. all of macon's starters will be there and this year it will be a totally different game.

macon doesn't have to set out any starters. all the players that got in the fight with westmoreland were seniors last year and they all got punished, one had to set out of basketball.. all of macon's starters will be there and this year it will be a totally different game.

Oh ok.....that was just what I heard....should be good then!