Chattanooga Top Ten

mtnman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preseason games don't count.

CC... You stole my Thunder. To be honest, Preseason and regular season games don't count (except for district games). The only games that really, really count are the ones in post season. All other games before the post season are there to prepare you for the post season. JMO

CC... You stole my Thunder. To be honest, Preseason and regular season games don't count (except for district games). The only games that really, really count are the ones in post season. All other games before the post season are there to prepare you for the post season. JMO

Oh no, a MVM and CHATTANOOGACANNON alliance against me..... <_<

But he has a point. (Put me in the alliance, as well...) :ugeek:

E tu BigG ? :mellow:

D

So let me add a point- why bother putting any attempt at preseason rankings, even in fun, if you have no basis for them then (with the dynamics of high school athletics)...at least with a few match ups in preseason done, there can be some indication of what we may expect during the season. Otherwise, I would propose we make the preseason rankings just an alphabetical listing of the teams... :thumb:

Edited by CHAMPDDS

E tu BigG ? :mellow:

D

So let me add a point- why bother putting any attempt at preseason rankings, even in fun, if you have no basis for them then (with the dynamics of high school athletics)...at least with a few match ups in preseason done, there can be some indication of what we may expect during the season. Otherwise, I would propose we make the preseason rankings just an alphabetical listing of the teams... :thumb:

Rankings can be adjusted once teams try to win, rather than just evaluating talent. It is impossible to know anything about a team based on a preseason score.Do you think Schem will play 25 girls in a regular season game? We will get a better judge of relative strength once the season starts and coaches start coaching to win.

CHAMP & CANNON- Whether or not preseason games matter depends on the outcome! Go Irish!

I don't think the Irish need to worry about rankings, it's a long season to come together and if yesterday was any indication they are going to be strong. You definitely have some girls that can rip the net. 2 sweet goals, just sucks it came at our expense =P

Good Luck to everyone, just happy the boards are starting up again, last year in boys was awful!!!!!