croz6110

RANK TEAM 2009 RECORD DISTRICT HEAD COACH

1 Gordonsville 8-5 4-A Ron Marshall

2 Huntingdon 8-4 13-A Eric Swenson

3 Jo Byrns 11-1 10-A Tom Adkins

4 South Pittsburg 11-3 6-A Vic Grider

5 Wayne County 12-1 R6-A Rick Rice

What are some of your thoughts?

I don't know much about Wayne County and Huntingdon.

And, Jo Byrns and South Pitt are always good, and a lot of people are expecting good things out of Gordonsville.

Is their any other teams that should've been on here?

RANK TEAM 2009 RECORD DISTRICT HEAD COACH

1 Gordonsville 8-5 4-A Ron Marshall

2 Huntingdon 8-4 13-A Eric Swenson

3 Jo Byrns 11-1 10-A Tom Adkins

4 South Pittsburg 11-3 6-A Vic Grider

5 Wayne County 12-1 R6-A Rick Rice

What are some of your thoughts?

I don't know much about Wayne County and Huntingdon.

And, Jo Byrns and South Pitt are always good, and a lot of people are expecting good things out of Gordonsville.

Is their any other teams that should've been on here?

Hmmmm... I'm not sold on Huntingdon this year. They lost both of their RB's. Kennon Holder graduated and Brittan Thompson moved from Huntingdon if I remember correctly. Swenson is a great coach, but those 2 losses are huge. I'd put Union City in there before I would Huntingdon easily.

Also, Wayne Co. had a GREAT team last year that played with Union City somewhat. They return their QB as well as several other players. To be honest, if Wayne Co. stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Cookeville.

Edited by GCPioneer

Everything is still going to have to go through South Pittsburg. We lost Terrell but the team is going to be physically tougher I promise you. The last time someone punched us in the mouth like Union City did even though I think going to a 5 man line would have beaten them was Gordensville and what happen the next year. We destroyed everyone. I am not saying we are that good but get ready to get bruised up.

Everything is still going to have to go through South Pittsburg. We lost Terrell but the team is going to be physically tougher I promise you. The last time someone punched us in the mouth like Union City did even though I think going to a 5 man line would have beaten them was Gordensville and what happen the next year. We destroyed everyone. I am not saying we are that good but get ready to get bruised up.

What about 2008?

All I am saying is we will be a lot more physical and there want be as much cute stuff like you saw last year. Get ready.

I was refering to 2008. I only seen South Pitt once last year and that was the clinic bowl. You're right though. They did not resemble the same SP teams I've seen play against TC over the years. Still, a very great team to say the least. :thumb:

Hmmmm... I'm not sold on Huntingdon this year. They lost both of their RB's. Kennon Holder graduated and Brittan Thompson moved from Huntingdon if I remember correctly. Swenson is a great coach, but those 2 losses are huge. I'd put Union City in there before I would Huntingdon easily.

Also, Wayne Co. had a GREAT team last year that played with Union City somewhat. They return their QB as well as several other players. To be honest, if Wayne Co. stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Cookeville.

Dont forget about Perry Co. went and scrimaged Huntingdon today. The game ended in 2 to 2 tie but it was pretty well agreed on that PC got the best of them. No refs and yard markers hard to tell but Perry Co. is for real.

I don't know if everything will have to go through South Pittsburg. Ya'll may have to travel. :popcorneater:

Either way, SP and Gville are the ones that should be representing the East.

I hope Gville is more physical this year. They lacked that at times last year.

They will also have quite a few 3 year starters, so they will definitely be experienced.

Croz, let me ask you another question. Grider beat your boys by 50 points last year. Do you think your boys can make up that many on my Pirates? I garuntee you that our lineman have gotten bigger and stronger and will be able to knock a good hole for our runners to run through. You think im joking cause im not.

Croz, let me ask you another question. Grider beat your boys by 50 points last year. Do you think your boys can make up that many on my Pirates? I garuntee you that our lineman have gotten bigger and stronger and will be able to knock a good hole for our runners to run through. You think im joking cause im not.

They sure can.

I think I've seen the Pirates make up that many points in a year, why can't anyone else do it?