Bradley Central 5 way scrimmage

In case you didn't go... BC won a state championship by ending in a tie in this scrimmage vs South Pittsburg tonight. Little did BC's 1st teamers know, it was against SP's 2nd and 3rd teamers. Great Job guys! The players and coaches went absolutely crazy. I like the enthusiasm, but it was really excessive in my opinion. I like how BC's defense huddles directly over where the ball was downed. However, in a real game, you better let the opponent get to his feet and away from that huddle, or that will be a penalty every time, for what might be considered as Taunting/unsportsmanlike.

I will say this... BC is much improved, good luck on your season. I can't wait to hear what fans have to say.

**side note**

South Pittsburg was the only 1A team, and also the only team that beat every team (other than Boyd, they didn't play each other)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to make it up to see the 5-way also. I'm not sure which part you are refering to Pirate_mike. The only time I saw an extreme amount of emotion was when the Bradley team held on a 4th and 1 goal line situation. Now the huddling over the ball thing is pretty neat if you ask me. I beleive the bears have been doing that in practice and scrimmages for the last couple years. I was told it started when they had trouble with players not going to the ball every play. I saw one tackle made by 10 Bradley players at the same time. The way I see it if you have to huddle over the ball every play then players get acustomed to going to the ball every time. Pirates should be tough again this year.

Series #1 SP-1 BC-0 nice interception returned for TD

Series #2 SP-1 BC-1

Goal line #1 BC-1 SP-0

Goal line #2 BC-1 SP-1

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/8957163/article-Bears-are-%E2%80%98hot%E2%80%99-in-scrimmage--coach-is-happy?instance=home_sports

Edited by hootowlhollow

Bradley better be more concerned with Polk Co. Playing those small schools does nothing to get the team ready for 5A/6A district either.

same goes for Cleveland...beat E Hamilton 10-1...woop ti doo...last year's cleveland team would have beat E Hamilton that bad...no measuring stick

oh, guess who Bradley scrimmages this week?? East Hamilton :popcorneater:

things stay the same at Bear Land

Bradley better be more concerned with Polk Co. Playing those small schools does nothing to get the team ready for 5A/6A district either.

same goes for Cleveland...beat E Hamilton 10-1...woop ti doo...last year's cleveland team would have beat E Hamilton that bad...no measuring stick

oh, guess who Bradley scrimmages this week?? East Hamilton :popcorneater:

things stay the same at Bear Land

You usually dont scrim teams that your going to have to play in the regular season. Our area has very few 5A or 6A teams to scrim that are not already on the schedule without making a 2 to 3 hour bus ride for a Practice! Owl fans like phish might should worry about whats going to happen to them this season,with the loss of 26 or so seniors and a new coaching staff it could make for a long year. Cleveland and Bradley Central will be fine. Both will contend for a playoff spot. BCHS and CHS have both won state championships in almost every sport. The Same can't be said for one certain team across the county line. If the Best team you have ever had in school history couldnt get it done, it wont ever happen.

The Polk-BCHS matchup will be one of the Best games to go watch in the area this season. I dont care which team win's, but it will be entertaining to watch.

:popcorneater:

You usually dont scrim teams that your going to have to play in the regular season. Our area has very few 5A or 6A teams to scrim that are not already on the schedule without making a 2 to 3 hour bus ride for a Practice! Owl fans like phish might should worry about whats going to happen to them this season,with the loss of 26 or so seniors and a new coaching staff it could make for a long year. Cleveland and Bradley Central will be fine. Both will contend for a playoff spot. BCHS and CHS have both won state championships in almost every sport. The Same can't be said for one certain team across the county line. If the Best team you have ever had in school history couldnt get it done, it wont ever happen.

The Polk-BCHS matchup will be one of the Best games to go watch in the area this season. I dont care which team win's, but it will be entertaining to watch.

:popcorneater:

the bradley/polk game is first game of the season right?? Should be game of the week IMO.

VolTN,

earlier, you said that the Bears would contend for a playoff spot

really?

who can they beat in the distric????

walker valley...that's it....no playoff=dumb comment :blink:

I wouldn't bet against Bradley Central making the playoffs. I think they have a chance. But we will see as the season goes on.