Bradley Central 5 way scrimmage

They were only what, one win away last season and should be better on D and O this year. They return a slew of starters who were only 9th and 10 graders last year..Plus quite a few seniors. Like I say..I dont care if they go 0-10 or 10-0..But I do think they have a 6 to 7 win team,maybe better..McMinn will be down some,picked to win the district I know..But my opinion is they wont be as good as a typical Mcminn team..CHS lost most of there offensive playmakers but should win another game or two this year due to more familiarity with Slaughters' system and teams on the schedule losing allot of players..The Owl's lost almost everyone,including the coaching staff and the water boy..The Bear's have something they havent had in many years,Athletes and allot of them. The biggest question is the lineman..so far they look like they will be ok.

All in all..the district is down some and the Bears should be more experienced.Polk and the Owls will be favored over them and should be until they are able to beat them . But it should be exciting games.

As far as Dumb Comments go..Have you ever went back and read anything you have posted? Or did all those get deleted by the Moderators? You need to get out more so you will be more informed of local teams if you wish to comment on them. The owl's had a good run over the last few year's but with so much going against them..dominance is over. East Hamilton and Money running over to the new school will evetually take it's toll. The owl's may or may not eventually recover..Example's..Chatt Central and Brainerd..mediocre after being unbeatable back in the day. Another example ..Cumberland County..Stone Memorial high killed there sports programs. Walker Valley hurt BCHS very badly the first few years..That has began to even out some or maybe even swung the other way overall, sports wise..BCHS went from a quarter final apperance in the playoff's to 1-9 a couple of years after WVHS was opened.CHS has also been hurt by WVHS. The same will eventually happen to the Owl's..Can they recover? Time will tell. WVHS should be winning more than they have been..why they havent is a bit of a mystery.They have kids from 3 or 4 counties going to school there..They should be better than 1-9 or 2-8.

I can list one school that hasnt happened to..Riverdale,Blackmon and Siegal had little effect on them. But they are the exception.

Edited by volntn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were only what, one win away last season and should be better on D and O this year. They return a slew of starters who were only 9th and 10 graders last year..Plus quite a few seniors. Like I say..I dont care if they go 0-10 or 10-0..But I do think they have a 6 to 7 win team,maybe better..McMinn will be down some,picked to win the district I know..But my opinion is they wont be as good as a typical Mcminn team..CHS lost most of there offensive playmakers but should win another game or two this year due to more familiarity with Slaughters' system and teams on the schedule losing allot of players..The Owl's lost almost everyone,including the coaching staff and the water boy..The Bear's have something they havent had in many years,Athletes and allot of them. The biggest question is the lineman..so far they look like they will be ok.

All in all..the district is down some and the Bears should be more experienced.Polk and the Owls will be favored over them and should be until they are able to beat them . But it should be exciting games.

As far as Dumb Comments go..Have you ever went back and read anything you have posted? Or did all those get deleted by the Moderators? You need to get out more so you will be more informed of local teams if you wish to comment on them. The owl's had a good run over the last few year's but with so much going against them..dominance is over. East Hamilton and Money running over to the new school will evetually take it's toll. The owl's may or may not eventually recover..Example's..Chatt Central and Brainerd..mediocre after being unbeatable back in the day. Another example ..Cumberland County..Stone Memorial high killed there sports programs. Walker Valley hurt BCHS very badly the first few years..That has began to even out some or maybe even swung the other way overall, sports wise..BCHS went from a quarter final apperance in the playoff's to 1-9 a couple of years after WVHS was opened.CHS has also been hurt by WVHS. The same will eventually happen to the Owl's..Can they recover? Time will tell. WVHS should be winning more than they have been..why they havent is a bit of a mystery.They have kids from 3 or 4 counties going to school there..They should be better than 1-9 or 2-8.

I can list one school that hasnt happened to..Riverdale,Blackmon and Siegal had little effect on them. But they are the exception.

my comments to this:

1. Cleveland will run on the Bears like the Bulls in Spain.

2. Owls beat Bradley by 28

3. Bradley loses to Polk Co

4. Bradley loses to Loudon

5. Bears....no soup for you :popcorneater:

DUMB COMMENT

my comments to this:

1. Cleveland will run on the Bears like the Bulls in Spain.

2. Owls beat Bradley by 28

3. Bradley loses to Polk Co

4. Bradley loses to Loudon

5. Bears....no soup for you :popcorneater:

DUMB COMMENT

I do not see the Blue Raiders running on Bradley. Slaughter's system will stress the passing game. Look for the Bears to surprise all the doubters. Rhea and Walker Valley are soft up-front on both sides of the ball, Bradley takes advantage with the physical style they play. Loudon is down in 3A, Bears get a win here. McMinn has had trouble on defense all summer. Tyner and West scored at will. Not as many play-makers on offense as last year. Bears will have another tough battle at Polk. Polk might be the best team in the Mcminn/Bradley/Meigs/ Monroe counties area. Wildcats tough at home although, you can bet Coach Floyd has watched tons of Polk's game with Loudon. Maybe just dreaming but are the mighty OWLS a little suspect? Who knows but that is why you play the game.

Looks like we're ready for the season to kick off according to the comments being posted so far. Look for Soddy-Daisy and the Bears to represent the region in 6A playoffs and Cleveland to be there in 5A if Voytik stays healthy because it looks like EKS can 'recruit' with the best of them. This year only the top 2 teams in each region are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs so CHS better get in as a top 2 team because 3-7 won't cut it this year. The Che-rock-ees will have a shot but Massengale will have to carry a heavy load. As for the Hooters, well, Bennie knew when to bail. It'll be a different year from last year's one and done (in the playoffs) as the Hooters lost about 28 seniors. The Bears have most all of their 'skill' positions returning and should contend if the 'O' line can develop and protect and the injury bug stays away. Rhea County has Tallent back for what could be a super senior year. Better luck next year WVHS with your new coach.

Here's wishing good health and good luck to everyone in our region!

Everyone keeps saying that Bradley has all their skill players back

that may be so, BUT THEY NEVER HAD ANY SKILL PLAYERS LAST YEAR

Bradley was the slowest team (besides Rhea Co) from the district

they will be slow again...Bradley will win 3 games all year and start bragging about wrestling

Everyone keeps saying that Bradley has all their skill players back

that may be so, BUT THEY NEVER HAD ANY SKILL PLAYERS LAST YEAR

Bradley was the slowest team (besides Rhea Co) from the district

they will be slow again...Bradley will win 3 games all year and start bragging about wrestling

6 and 4 possible playoff