Millington vs MUS week Zero

Rob_M

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to get the season started. Thoughts?

Rob, you are right WOW! I think it will be a much better game this year. The Trojan defense will be ready. We must be patient on offense in order to win. I know alot of folks will count as out, I will not.

"LET'S GO TROJANS"

I dont know if playing really strong teams at the first of the season are really a good thing, especially if you are rebuilding. If you win you set a strong tone for the season, if you lose you may get these guys down early. I definitely dont like playing any private school as they like to "persuade" a lot of players and stack their teams just a little with these "academic scholarships". But with that said, the game will definitely not be the game you saw last year. If Millington plays with few mistakes and plays hard they can win this game. I have seen them practice and I have seen MUS play. They can win this game!

I dont know if playing really strong teams at the first of the season are really a good thing, especially if you are rebuilding. If you win you set a strong tone for the season, if you lose you may get these guys down early. I definitely dont like playing any private school as they like to "persuade" a lot of players and stack their teams just a little with these "academic scholarships". But with that said, the game will definitely not be the game you saw last year. If Millington plays with few mistakes and plays hard they can win this game. I have seen them practice and I have seen MUS play. They can win this game!

Heres some facts for you. Almost half of the 22 starters for MUS went to PDS(a feeder elementary school that costs more than MUS now) and 3/4 of the starting 22 went to a private school before MUS. And by the way, if you play a varsity sport, you can only get financial aid. So no one on the team goes to school for completely nothing.... But after saying that I just want to wish luck to both teams. Millington is a fine program and have always competed at a very high level. This will be no easy win for either team.

Edited by footballace1

I disagree with you this is not a rebuilding year, it is just a new year. As for the persuading players I understand the new star tailback is a Whitehaven young man.

I disagree with you this is not a rebuilding year, it is just a new year. As for the persuading players I understand the new star tailback is a Whitehaven young man.

I think your talking about number 3? He isnt the starting tailback but he definitely will be rotating in and out this year. I know he was at MUS in 9th grade but i dont know if he went to MUS in 7th or 8th grade. He very possibly could have gone to Whitehaven middle, but i dont why that matters where someone went to middle school, a lot of kids arent even fully grown when they graduate highschool, let alone middle school.

• 2 weeks later...

This will possibly be one of the best Week 0 games in the state. Alot of schools in Div 1 and 2 will be looking at the results of it for later in the year. :thumb:

No doubt about it being a great opener! Maybe I'm a little too optimistic, but I think we're going to be able to hang with the Owls this year. i.e..no W.Va. signee to deal with under center. Defense should be stout. We'll live or die each Friday depending on offensive output this year.

GO TROJANS!!!!