Oliver Springs Freshman David Collet leads state w

OS91

This Freshman sensation has stopped teams time and time again with an uncanny ability to elimiinate drives. He had 2 int's last nighht against Kingston. Even though on a miracle win for the Jackets over the Bobcats, the OS defense takes a backseat to no one and makes them a viable threat to any team they face in regular season or playoffs.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by orangenblack:
Posted by bigreid:

What happened last night

O.S. outplayed Kingston till the last two minutes and practically handed the game to them.

I heard that the kid who had the touchdown for Kingston was out of bounds further up the field and the ref chose not to call it. Any player from OS care to verify that? I also heard that at least one of the refs was from Kingston if that tells you anything. ;)

I agree with you orangeandblack that OS outplayed Kingston. Thank you for saying that bc the players were heartbroken over the loss.

Posted by goosevol:

David had one INT last night and has seven on the year. The other pick was by #26 Chris Collett or that's what I wrote down. David also picked up the blocked punt and returned it to the 26. He could be All-State as a freshman.

[Edited by goosevol on 9-28-02 10:50P]

I doubt that they would pick a freshman as all state, but if he has a 2nd half season like the first half, then they would have a hard time not picking him. How big is he?

Guest OSGuacomole

David only had one int last night, and his brother chris had the other. David isnt really all that big but he still makes the big plays. I play for os and i was #60 Saunders who the knoxville news sentinal put it the paper as missing the tackle when joe driggers had that long run, i couldnt see if he was out of bounds or not but i do remember diving after him tripping him up then laying in a puddle of mud watching him race up the sidelines. ;);) :confused:

I forgot to say earlier...Congratulations to David on the interception and also to brother Chris! Not to mention, the whole Bobcat team! I thought you guys played great.

Also, I look for the offense to just get better and better, because many of the guys on offense are just now getting experience due to the fact that last year there were so many seniors playing. The good news is that there are a lot of younger kids playing and doing well, so look for next year to be good also. Go Bobcats! ;)

Seems Kingston gets outplayed every week. But if I'm not mistaken, they are 5-0 and finding ways to win anyway. If they were getting out played that bad, why are they able to come back and win? You guys(OS) need to accept the fact that you got beat, stop making excuses, and move on. Its over with, concentrate on Alcoa.

Posted by RCHS03:

Seems Kingston gets outplayed every week. But if I'm not mistaken, they are 5-0 and finding ways to win anyway. If they were getting out played that bad, why are they able to come back and win? You guys(OS) need to accept the fact that you got beat, stop making excuses, and move on. Its over with, concentrate on Alcoa.

:o It's hard to give credit to a team that makes a living off playing much smaller teams, and then brags about it. Too bad you can't play Wartburg and Midway anymore to try for 7-0.

Next week OS will be playing someone their own size and so will you. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Kingston will atleast go 7-3 this year. Are you tryng to say that Kingston plays nobody? We have one of the toughest schedules. AC is in our region but the are much bgger than us.. we are close in size w/OS.But size doesnt matter. I dont know what it is that people have against Kingston, but whatever it is, get over it and worry about YOUR next 5 games