Dyersburg Jamboree

JungleJim125

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DHSF64 you are right. I just plumb forgot about 97.3. Copd is hard on a old man. People who never had any breathing trouble are blessed. Good luck to all the teams tonght and i hope they can fight off the heat! :thumb:

No they dont know how copd effects you esp in humid dry feel like temps 108-125 we've had..I kept up with DC game via cell with my son..my g-son played well having a sack and 4 hurries and 3 tackles..DC wins 14-7..DC running game much better than last week due as they fumbled 5 times killing drives against Ripley..no fumbles tonite ..DC has great speed and Heart ..maybe their year with team playing together attacking as One..

Lake Co won this game 21-6.Halls scored first to take an early 6-0 but Lake Co looked pretty good in the 2nd half of the jamboree to win 21-6.I saw some good things and some bad things.First the bad.I look at the line play to see who is firing off the ball or on defense,not being driven backwards.At least stand your ground on defense and make a tackle.Lake Co looks weak overall in the line.But Big Anthony Crawford at 340 lbs didn't dress at all so he should help out there.Not sure about the linebackers.Looks like Lake Co will have trouble with someone as fast as Quan Cambell turning the corners,receivers coming out of the backfield or slants and turning short passes into long gainers.Too slow from what I saw.But the Bargery kid did make a couple good tackles.Really hurting at one of the spots from what I saw.The snaps on the extra points were on the ground.Last night.with no rushing the kicker was ok but in a real game,need to get that straightened out.Receiving punts weren't very good.Fumbled just about every one of them.In a real game,could cause problems.Way too many penalties.Had 1 long touchdown run called back on a hold and several other long runs negated.But it's early and was very hot.The good:Ricky Boyd had some nice runs.Sam Hays looked very good last night.Had some very good runs and controlled the game pretty well.Lake Co was running 3 or 4 players in about every play and I believe Cris Mills,Devon Jones and Rafael Tyler are going to have their highlights this year.Ralphael hasn't touched the ball much yet but did score on a nice pass from Sam last night. That could be by design,just waiting on the season to start.He's a threat to score any time he touches the ball on kickoffs,reverses,catching the ball.With Ricky and the ground game working so far,haven't had to use him much .Overall.a good effort with some correctable mistakes.!

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster pretty good assessment, LC must improve in the D-Line and work on staying low and not getting pushed around. TOO many penalties tonight few were questionable at best but oh well. Big problem for the Falcons is the lack of grass time due to the heat. Can't get kinks worked out in Gym and I know Coach B is dying to get back on the field. Lake Co. was very basic in what they did last night due to the fact they play Halls in a district game in a few weeks, think they ran 4 run plays and 2 pass plays out of 3 formations. The Crawford kid makes a huge difference inside on the Dline with his size, LC is very light up front in the DT spot with him out and not real deep. Overall good jamboree played alot of guys, nobody got hurt and the Falcons won. It is time for season and they tee it up for real Friday in Fulton vs. the Bulldogs.

Bigster pretty good assessment, LC must improve in the D-Line and work on staying low and not getting pushed around. TOO many penalties tonight few were questionable at best but oh well. Big problem for the Falcons is the lack of grass time due to the heat. Can't get kinks worked out in Gym and I know Coach B is dying to get back on the field. Lake Co. was very basic in what they did last night due to the fact they play Halls in a district game in a few weeks, think they ran 4 run plays and 2 pass plays out of 3 formations. The Crawford kid makes a huge difference inside on the Dline with his size, LC is very light up front in the DT spot with him out and not real deep. Overall good jamboree played alot of guys, nobody got hurt and the Falcons won. It is time for season and they tee it up for real Friday in Fulton vs. the Bulldogs.

The heat will take it's toll on players as well.Once the cooler weather comes around,will probably be a difference.I believe Lake Co is going to have a good year.