IMAC 2010

Red81KPsmash

After week 0, I think a couple of teams made big statements. Sevier Co seems to have reloaded with talent. Mo West really shocked me by beating AE, and looking pretty good doing it. Jeff Co did not impress, but I think they had the toughest test. I haveready missed on my Cherokee prediction. You go Mobuck. East looked terrible against a great Fulton team. Apparently South Doyle still has a ways to go, as does Seymour.

• Upvote 1

You know its kind of funny that nobody picked the defending undefeated IMAC Champion Sevier County Smoky Bears to repeat. I do realize its the beginning of a new season and everyone has high hopes for their favorite team, but someone even picked them third. After week 0 there are still some unanswered questions: Is Greenville that good or is Jeff Co that bad. Maybe it might even be a little of both? The same thing applies for Sevier County. They were near perfection last Friday and totally dominant, but was William Blount really that unprepared? What about Mo West and AE? The conference picture will be more visible after week 3 when the Bears visit the Patriots. This weeks matchup for Jeff Co. will be no indication of how they will play in conference. Dont get me wrong I hope the Pats win. I think it would be great for a Jeff Co. team that is hungry for that big momentum victory and it would only help bring more respect for the IMAC. I love my Smoky Bears, but I was pulling for Jeff Co big time last Friday and so was almost everyone in Sevierville. We should always root for our conference teams in non-con play. If we take care of business on the field then the other teams records don't matter! I do have a question for Jeff Co. fans and please take this in the spirit it was intended. This is not a slap but I am truly curious how u feel. Your head coach named about 15-20 players in Murpy-Fair as players to watch. Thats fine and great. The problem and question i have is he listed all of them as D1 prospects. East TN teams are lucky to have 1 possible D1 prospect everyone knows all those kids are not at that level. I hope they all go on to the next level but which kids r truly capable and at what level. You all are apparently better judges of true talent than your head coach, because if that guy took that many D1 players to Greenville and lost then the honored tradition of Jeff Co football is in sad hands. Best of luck to all IMAC teams I hope and wish all a safe and succesful season. I just can't help but hope u all lose 1 to the Bears. Go Jeff beat Bearden!!! Go Smoky Bears keep rollin and beat Halls!!!!!

You know its kind of funny that nobody picked the defending undefeated IMAC Champion Sevier County Smoky Bears to repeat. I do realize its the beginning of a new season and everyone has high hopes for their favorite team, but someone even picked them third. After week 0 there are still some unanswered questions: Is Greenville that good or is Jeff Co that bad. Maybe it might even be a little of both? The same thing applies for Sevier County. They were near perfection last Friday and totally dominant, but was William Blount really that unprepared? What about Mo West and AE? The conference picture will be more visible after week 3 when the Bears visit the Patriots. This weeks matchup for Jeff Co. will be no indication of how they will play in conference. Dont get me wrong I hope the Pats win. I think it would be great for a Jeff Co. team that is hungry for that big momentum victory and it would only help bring more respect for the IMAC. I love my Smoky Bears, but I was pulling for Jeff Co big time last Friday and so was almost everyone in Sevierville. We should always root for our conference teams in non-con play. If we take care of business on the field then the other teams records don't matter! I do have a question for Jeff Co. fans and please take this in the spirit it was intended. This is not a slap but I am truly curious how u feel. Your head coach named about 15-20 players in Murpy-Fair as players to watch. Thats fine and great. The problem and question i have is he listed all of them as D1 prospects. East TN teams are lucky to have 1 possible D1 prospect everyone knows all those kids are not at that level. I hope they all go on to the next level but which kids r truly capable and at what level. You all are apparently better judges of true talent than your head coach, because if that guy took that many D1 players to Greenville and lost then the honored tradition of Jeff Co football is in sad hands. Best of luck to all IMAC teams I hope and wish all a safe and succesful season. I just can't help but hope u all lose 1 to the Bears. Go Jeff beat Bearden!!! Go Smoky Bears keep rollin and beat Halls!!!!!

As a long time Fan of Jeffferson County football all I can say is this season could turn out to be a repeat

of last season !

Ur right it did.... Just not the same as it hit you guys. Now go play with your cow bells

Thanks, I will....

Just glad to see that you did not schedule Knox Catholic or Fulton as that season opener losing streak had to break eventually. LOL Tough non conference schedules can be admired though.... Not sure how strong AE is this year, but congrads to you all winning none the less….. see you all in a few weeks.

PS: The Cowbell tradition has been passed to some of the Freshman parents too. They were ringing last night as the Freshman and the JV (with only 4 11th graders and the rest 10th graders getting snaps, no 12th graders played last night) beat MoE. Way to go JeffCo JV and Freshmen!!!! Building the program one game at a time.

As a long time Fan of Jeffferson County football all I can say is this season could turn out to be a repeat

of last season !

I am interested to see what adjustment Coach Anderson and staff make considering #44 is gone for the season at starting D-end and starting fullback. If we do not rotate D-linemen out and keep them fresh, it will be a long drive back from K-town.

Peace

Well to answer your first question...yes GreenEville is THAT good,returning nearly their entire defense from last year (yes there are a few D-1 prospects) as I'm sure are your Smoky Bears. JC is not bad just a bit uncomfortable with the new spread offense. They have some truly gifted athletes and I'm sure things will come together for them by conference play. As for Billy Blount, they could have very well been a bit under-prepared as their starting QB had just returned from appendectomy/hernia surgery. Oh and JC didn't take those d-1 players to GreenEville, our Devils did that rompin' in Dumplin Valley.

Edited by barb

I am interested to see what adjustment Coach Anderson and staff make considering #44 is gone for the season at starting D-end and starting fullback. If we do not rotate D-linemen out and keep them fresh, it will be a long drive back from K-town.

Peace

man I'm sorry to hear that

I really hate to hear about #44. I hope God blesses him and his family and he heals quick. I read somewhere Goins didn't have many touches is this true? Did Greeneville pass or throw with more success?

That is true that Goins had 0 touches. Not sure why, but that was the facts.

Greeneville had a balanced attack and ran well. The truth be told, #3 over shot some players in the 2nd quarter or it could have been worse. The main thing is that Greeneville is the real deal and Jeff has A GREAT DEAL TO WORK ON. I just hope the coaching staff figured out Ironman football at 6A is not the best approach when you have that many 12th graders. We will see on Friday.

Peace

• Upvote 1

Well, I guess after tonight it's official. The IMAC, just like last year, is once again a terrible conference. What are the odds that we will put another collective goose egg on the board when the playoffs roll around?

Thanks T$$AA for the screw job with the gas saving realignment.