Lebanon @ Wilson Central

glover

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Wilson Central has the edge just on returning experience, but like the previous poster stated, there has not been much on either team this preseason. Although I'm picking Wilson Central in a close one, I wouldn't rule out Lebanon when there is a Maynard kid on the team, they just seem to make the right plays at the right time.

This is going to be an interesting game.

First, has WC adapted to its new HC?

Second, does Lebanon have more than 40 players out for football this year? I ask this as they seem to have fewer and fewer every year with their present coach.

I am going to say WC by 1 point. I figure an extra point will be the difference. Look for Lebanon to go for 2 and NOT make it.

This is going to be an interesting game.

First, has WC adapted to its new HC?

Second, does Lebanon have more than 40 players out for football this year? I ask this as they seem to have fewer and fewer every year with their present coach.

I am going to say WC by 1 point. I figure an extra point will be the difference. Look for Lebanon to go for 2 and NOT make it.

Lost old Dad you are wise, and have obviously seen Lebanon play a few times. The wildcats seem a little sluggish on the offensive side of the ball learning another new offensive scheme this year. The D looks far and away to be the strong point of the team but I do not feel they will be as talented as in years past. They have some fine young players and are moving in the right direction. If this one comes down to kickers the WC kicker is pretty dang good. He hit some long range bombs last year and as I hear tell he has gotten stronger over the summer. The only major concern for the Cats will be how long the parents will give the new coaches to turn it around. Not one of the head coaches in the history of the school (all 10 years...) have had a winning season in their first year.

Good luck to Coach Dedman and the boys this year. You may not win'em all but at least let the other guy know he was in a fight.

How did these two teams do in preseason scrimmages? I think I remember reading on here that WC struggled with Macon Co. & got beat by Coffee Co. Their jamboree matchup with DCA was cancelled because of weather. I haven't heard about any of Lebanon's scrimmages. They got to play 8 minutes vs. Clarksville NW before lightning ended that one as well in the jamboree. They did score once offensively against NW.