Cuttin' Tobacco

scooter

When Daddy grew tobacco I was to young to work the barns. My older brothers did that. I was stuck in the field. I remember guys would stay at Murray St instead of going back North in Summers because thay made more $ in the fields than the factories. They also would get free lunches from the farmer.

One of my favorite memories was passing by a field between Dover and Clarksville one Summer and 4 young women worked the field which was right next to highway. The first time I came upon them they were in their cutoffs and halter tops nearly ran off the road. Don't know if it was from looking or my wife hitting me telling me to keep my eyes on the road. Second time passing by my wife asked me if I saw the one was wearing overalls cut off with no top under the overalls!! nearly ran off the road again!!! It was almost worth the drive to Clarksville every weekend.

Wing, when I started this topic, I said the ONLY good thing about cutting tobacco was that football was around the corner, guess now we have a 2nd good thing about cutting tobacco - watching the ladies cut baccer' in cutoffs and no shirt on. :wub:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would help for free on that deal. :roflol:

:roflolk:

Oooh boys...I don't know! Probably not too many "Victoria Secret" models handling the burley. Rule of thumb...if they work in it, they probably chew it...which may not be a bad thing. How sweet would it be to be able to bum a dip of Copenhagen off your old lady? On the down side...I'm not a big fan of calloused hands! :huh:

Oooh boys...I don't know! Probably not too many "Victoria Secret" models handling the burley. Rule of thumb...if they work in it, they probably chew it...which may not be a bad thing. How sweet would it be to be able to bum a dip of Copenhagen off your old lady? On the down side...I'm not a big fan of calloused hands! :huh:

on 2nd thought seven is right.50$ BUCKS AN HOUR with dark sunglasses. :thumb:

:roflol: You're too picky SEVEN. Now that tobacco juice will rot them teeth plum down to the gums. :roll: Good times ahead.

I was getting here to wish the jackets luck this week and the next thing I knew, I was thinking about opening me a backer farm in TC country. Seven went off and ruined that notion. Think I'll stick around Rebel country were the view is much more pleasant unless your standing next to butchie at the flagpole... :roflol:

Good luck Jackets Friday night. My our paths cross in Nov this year in M-town. We'll be pulling for ya.

I was getting here to wish the jackets luck this week and the next thing I knew, I was thinking about opening me a backer farm in TC country. Seven went off and ruined that notion. Think I'll stick around Rebel country were the view is much more pleasant unless your standing next to butchie at the flagpole... :roflol:

Good luck Jackets Friday night. My our paths cross in Nov this year in M-town. We'll be pulling for ya.

Oh no, McKRebelDad...this got started with Wingman and his story. These women we speak of were spotted on the way to Clarksville. Sounds to me like somewhere in the neighborhood of the Jo Byrns territory. Butchie....you think one of these women that Wingman spotted was sb38devils? Practicing her half-time dance on a barn pole? :wub:

Boys, I've sure missed out on the baccer education, but seem to have plenty of the weapons of choice catagory! :blush: Seems Kaz wasn't the sweetest little feller from all the thrashings I received. Heck, you would think I was Kunta Kinta (Roots) strapped to that pole through most of my childhood! My pappy used whatever was in reach most of the time.....all the item needed was something that resembled a handle! Ever been whupped with a feather duster? With enough power behind it you tend to feel the rod inside it instead of the feathers! Other "stingers" include a riding strop, whistle strap (wettened), 44 inch belt - longer the better, leg of a chair (gosh that one hurt), willow tree branch, lawn mower cord.... :rolleyes: , ping pong paddle (not that great since the handle breaks so easily!), and bamboo cane (found in the garden)!

When I was just a little feller, paps once suspended me with one arm and whupped me with the other......he was spinning around in circles because i was running around the bathroom walls! Close your eyes and picture that one....yep, that's exactly what it looks like.

I'm not sure I like the sound of 'baccer girls....? Course I grew up with Farrah on my wall. Heck, didn't everybody?

:thumb: Kaz

Boys, I've sure missed out on the baccer education, but seem to have plenty of the weapons of choice catagory! :blush: Seems Kaz wasn't the sweetest little feller from all the thrashings I received. Heck, you would think I was Kunta Kinta (Roots) strapped to that pole through most of my childhood! My pappy used whatever was in reach most of the time.....all the item needed was something that resembled a handle! Ever been whupped with a feather duster? With enough power behind it you tend to feel the rod inside it instead of the feathers! Other "stingers" include a riding strop, whistle strap (wettened), 44 inch belt - longer the better, leg of a chair (gosh that one hurt), willow tree branch, lawn mower cord.... :rolleyes: , ping pong paddle (not that great since the handle breaks so easily!), and bamboo cane (found in the garden)!

When I was just a little feller, paps once suspended me with one arm and whupped me with the other......he was spinning around in circles because i was running around the bathroom walls! Close your eyes and picture that one....yep, that's exactly what it looks like.

I'm not sure I like the sound of 'baccer girls....? Course I grew up with Farrah on my wall. Heck, didn't everybody?

:thumb: Kaz

lawn mower cord?! i never knew such a thing existed!!!

Dude, in the old days you had to wrap it on yourself! We usually had it tied on to the handle. (how convienent out in the middle of the back yard, huh!) I'd have to say the bamboo cane was the most effective.....just enough give. I seriously never returned to that garden if I was in trouble! :roflol:

Kazam

Boyz this topic brings back precious memories. I remember walking to school 40 miles leaving at 2 a.m then after school running to ole man bakers farm to cut tobacco. I then hustled back to practice with bee stings and tobacco wrapped around the stings I suffered in the fields of sweat and glory. I miss the days of tobacco poisining by gawd the skin color green vomit until I dehydrate and the cold shakes I indured. I would ride my coon hound to the barn at age 3 to get sticks ready for pa and take a shot of theat shine while down there. Boyz let me tell ya one thing I was a tobacco spitting, cutting machine by the age of 6. Is there any truth to Hartsville getting tobacco leaves put on the sides of their helmets this year? It would make pa proud! :ugeek: