2012 Rule changes

CoachMikeLHS

I never heard of the rule until one of our state's finest refs took a girl out of a game at a recent state cup because her compression shorts were white and her uniform shorts were black. I guess it was too distracting for him while trying to be the good center ref that he is.

As an aside, I did not say "heck" in my previous post. It automatically changed from hel l to heck. Can I say "darn" on this board?

Guess I can't say d amn either.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how long they talked about how important it is that the socks of each team must be different, too? Or that each player must wear the same colored sock on each foot? And how dare a player wear a thermal shirt a different color than her jersey! The Laws of the Game would be compromised, and then all heck would break loose.

It's amazing what sometimes comes out of a meeting in order for people to explain their own importance.

I think that is why they opted to have us all complete this year online. Unless any of you actually went to a meeting. You can "READ" into all the reasoning you want. What you really have to do is look at the pictures on the actual rules meeting site. All the amendments and situations go right out the window when you see the pictures. You can say what you want, the pictures show solid white, no trim color of any kind.

I think that is why they opted to have us all complete this year online. Unless any of you actually went to a meeting. You can "READ" into all the reasoning you want. What you really have to do is look at the pictures on the actual rules meeting site. All the amendments and situations go right out the window when you see the pictures. You can say what you want, the pictures show solid white, no trim color of any kind.

Next item to be monitored...color of cleats!

I never heard of the rule until one of our state's finest refs took a girl out of a game at a recent state cup because her compression shorts were white and her uniform shorts were black. I guess it was too distracting for him while trying to be the good center ref that he is.

As an aside, I did not say "heck" in my previous post. It automatically changed from hel l to heck. Can I say "darn" on this board?

It was the same guy from Memphis. Only one that does it.

Next item to be monitored...color of cleats!

IMO, I'm ok with it from a rules standpoint. The way I look at is that if someone is wearing bright shoes, they are saying they are hot S#&T. I think it's always funny and maybe even pathetic when someone wears those shoes, but isn't very good. If that are very good, then I'm fine with their shoe choice.

just to add a little to the fire here, here is the issue we ran into last year. All year long we were allowed to wear black sleeves under our white jerseys and our yellow jeresys as we had black in them as well. not a single ref said anything to us. then we get an email from the ref association saying they would inforce the rule in post season play so i tell my players and their parents that we would ahve to wear white and yellow sleeves under the jeresys. at the first district tournament game we showed up with all white sleeves under our white jerseys, but the other team showed up wearing gold jerseys and black sleeves under them. the ref told me when i said are we enforcing the rule that the rule didnt say they had to match the uniform color as long as everyone on the team was wearing the same color. so i was then left to explain this to the parents after the game who were mad they had to go out and buy new shirts for nothing.

the uniform rule will be inforced like all the other rules. some ref association will enforce it all the time, some will only when they think they are being observed, and others will ignore it completely. it will just depend on where you are playing and who the refs are.