McKenzie vs Camden

VOLnWTN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it's mighty quite in Mckenzie tonight! :unsure:

No not quite here buddy. We just were beat by a better team tonight. This Camden team was no joke and everyone that playes them will find out. We did what we could and made a ton of mental mistakes. Look at the stats tomorrow in the paper and see we aint no joke either. Stats wise we won the game but on the scoreboard where it matters we lost. Same situation as last year, lose the first then run the table. WV better be ready cause we aint H-town baby......... :thumb:

Congrats Lions and good luck the rest of the year. #75, you can play son. You should defaintly have scouts looking at you. Best tackle I have seen in High School. Best of luck to you.

Edited by McKRebelDad

No not quite here buddy. We just were beat by a better team tonight. This Camden team was no joke and everyone that playes them will find out. We did what we could and made a ton of mental mistakes. Look at the stats tomorrow in the paper and see we aint no joke either. Stats wise we won the game but on the scoreboard where it matters we lost. Same situation as last year, lose the first then run the table. WV better be ready cause we aint H-town baby......... :thumb:

Congrats Lions and good luck the rest of the year. #75, you can play son. You should defaintly have scouts looking at you. Best tackle I have seen in High School. Best of luck to you.

Thanks McKRebelDad....great 1st game by both teams. The Rebels got a lot to look forward to...made the Lion D look pretty pedestrian at times and that's one of Camden's strengths this year. But wow, I'd hate for something to happen to #12...he did it all for you guys, I even expected to see him working the concession stand at half time. :mrgreen: Tough player with a lot skill...not too many get hit by Camden's #75 so many times and walk away with all their body parts.

Camden still has some problems to solve, but it was good to play a tough, talented team and get tested right off the bat. Good luck to you guys...we'll be pulling for ya! :thumb:

BTW...Butchie I looked for ya by the flagpole before and after the game...where was ya???

No Excuses Camden is strong, fast, big and deep. Camden played very disciplined game the Lions are obviously talented and well coached. While McKenzie played pretty poorly the first half looked much better the second half. My Rebels had plenty of chances but could not finish the deal. Depth may be an issue for the Rebs, but the coaching staff will sort that out. Talked to Jase after the game looks like he will be back soon. Max played pretty well in my opinion for his first start at QB. Kirby, Collin, Jake, Bobby and Matt played a good game I look for the Rebels to rebound next week. We still have some bugs to work out but I think we will see a much sharper team next week.

Edited by chipintn

Thanks McKRebelDad....great 1st game by both teams. The Rebels got a lot to look forward to...made the Lion D look pretty pedestrian at times and that's one of Camden's strengths this year. But wow, I'd hate for something to happen to #12...he did it all for you guys, I even expected to see him working the concession stand at half time. :mrgreen: Tough player with a lot skill...not too many get hit by Camden's #75 so many times and walk away with all their body parts.

Camden still has some problems to solve, but it was good to play a tough, talented team and get tested right off the bat. Good luck to you guys...we'll be pulling for ya! :thumb:

BTW...Butchie I looked for ya by the flagpole before and after the game...where was ya???

Same here Lions4ever. It was a tough loss for us but our boys have nothing to hang their heads about. Camden is for real this year. Yea we struggled the first half but still no excuses. Teams better look out for both of us. #12 is the focal point for the Rebels this year but he does a little to much sometimes. To many risk for my blood if you no what I mean. We'll bounce back for sure. Good luck to the Lions as well. I'll be pulling for ya'll too.

Good,Hard fought battle tonight between two great teams.Both squads got to see their weakness and adjust.Any Injury report????Looked like both squads got banged up pretty bad.

No kidding...it was a cramp/puke-fest the 2nd half. Hope there's no lasting injuries for either squad. Gonna be some sore boys tomorrow though....

Edited by Lions4ever

Good,Hard fought battle tonight between two great teams.Both squads got to see their weakness and adjust.Any Injury report????Looked like both squads got banged up pretty bad.

Nothing to bad. One RB got a bad sprain but other than that I think it was just typical hard nose football. I think cramps played a major factor for both sides. I seen alot of Lions and Rebels cramping. It was awful hot tonight. I hope none of the Lions got any major injuries. Yea I think we found a weakness that will be worked on this week and that was tackling and working on cutting the stupid penalties. Enjoyed it though. That was one heck of a game to start the season. Good luck to you guys this year.

Hey Lions, Was A Lil Late Arriving...But Was There The Whole Game. Came In When Playing National Anthem. And Was there At the End, But I Must Have Been Running My Mouth. Sorry Not To Make Your Aquaintence.

Now Camden Is A Well Coached Team With Alot Of Talent. And Some Fast Ones I Might Add. Mckenzie's Defense Over Pursued And The Lions Speed Took Advantage And Ran Up 20 Unanswered Points. The Reb's Settled Down A Lil And Came Back With 14. But The Clock Was A Factor By Then And the Rush Was On. Camden Added A Feildgoal And The Knife Was In. Mckenzie Committed Countless Off Side Penalties 5 At My Last Count. But We Will Grow From This And Be A Better Team. Max, I Have Some Advice For Ya....Don't Eat Sonic Before The Game....LOL. And Yes Lions4Ever He Was Mr. Everything Last Night. But He Is A Competitor.

But I See My Fan Club Arrived In Here Before Me. And Your Teams We're Their Usual Losing Selves. Maybe The Yellowjackets Can Get Huntingdon On Schedule Quick And Change That. But Hey It Didn't Turn Out Like I Wanted It But Hey, I Enjoyed Seeing The Possibilities Of My Team And Where We Are Going. So There It Is...No Sour Grapes...We Just Got Beat By A Good Team. :thumb:

Edited by Butchie

WOW!! The speed Camden has in the backfield reminds me alot of the SP team we faced a few years ago. Some teams have 1 maybe 2 backs that can roll but the Lions have 4 when you throw Easley the QB in there. Great physical battle by both teams.

Rebel fans we will be fine. We have to remember that for the most part, that was the first true starts for our backfield and some receivers. We will be fine.

To the offensive line, you guys played fantastic tonight. I kept talking about you.

I say next week they walk around all day everyday with a gallon of water and mustard bottle. Cramps were a killer!

Congrats to a very fine Camden Lions squad.

Next up Westview.........