McKenzie vs Camden

VOLnWTN

Congrats to a good Camden Football Team!! Great game Lions.

Both teams will have pickle jars installed on Monday. Cramp city for both, it was one hot night.

We got the 1st game behind us now and I hope we can repeat a long winning streak like last year after the opening loss to Camden. Camden's running game ran all over us and when they didn't we handed em 5 yds for lining up off sides 5 or 6 times on D. I don't think I have ever seen that many penalties on a D line for lineing up offsides in one game. That and too many missed tackles against a good team and we paid for it with a loss. Hopefully we learn from this and the D line coaches will make some adjustments this week in practice. Camden does have a good offense and we will be better for playin em.

We all hope Hargrove is gonna be allright he played his heart out as did many of the boys did last night. We seemed to miss the opportunities we had. The offense was pretty penilty free, so we did learn from the jamboree. Looked to me like the receivers and QB were outta sync on there routes and several times the guys looked like they didn't know if they were supposed to be in the game or not. Lots of running in and turning right back around to run off again. 1st game stuff I'm sure it will all get sorted this week. The players and coaches had a good measuring stick last night and now the tweaking will start. The line blocked pretty good last night and they had some big ones to block. We had some nice runs and the two TD pass's looked good as well. When it all comes together and it will, should make for some good games to come.

Heads up fellas!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic