McKenzie vs Camden

VOLnWTN

I hope this year's game is as good as last years. I think it will be close, but I am favoring the Lions in this one. They have been dominating in all their scrimmages and the talk is this is their year. I will take the Lions 28 - 21 but I will not be disappointed if it goes the other way. Just looking forward to a great game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fighting Butchies?? I guess maybe as long as there fighting. LOL!! Camden didn't look to bad at the jamboree, they run the ball extremely well it will be a test for our run defense for sure. Good Luck REBELS!

Contrary to what has been previously posted, no one has been kicked off Camden's team. There will be some players held out of this game due to off the field disciplinary actions and there are others that will be out due to injury. Camden returns alot of talent, but sadly a bunch of that talent will be on the sidelines for this one...would have been a good first test for both teams if it was being played at full strength. But no excuses...gotta play the hand you're dealt...hopefully the Lions can compete with a very tough Rebel team.

To the poster who said Murphy would be the best lineman on the field Friday...it's absolutely true. During one of Camden's last scrimmages, Murphy was being triple and even quadruple-teamed, almost like they were more concerned with containing him than moving the football. Made the other's jobs around him easy for sure... :) Devon White is a beast...Chris Donald, 2.0 running the football for sure. Easley, Blackburn, Hudson,Plant and T. White round out a very talented, strong and seriously fast bunch. If a very young and inexperienced O-line can find their feet, should be another stellar year for the Lions.

I think this is going to be a close and extremely physical game. This battle will be won in the trenches. I know Camden has a big lineman returning that will be tough, but i also know that Mckenzie has quite a few big fellas. I see this being a very close game that is decided in the 4th quarter. I expect Camden to come out on top but would not be suprised if it went the other way. Good Luck to both teams!

I stand corrected for my comments. I'm like butchie, it's good to see coaches take actions were they need to be. I know ours would do the same thing around here for wrongful doings of any Rebel. It's just a shame that any young men would jeapordize all the hard work and time they put into playing high school sports. But you must sleep in the bed you make. Back to the game, #75 will tough but no fear comes from our boys. Seen him before and many like him so nothing will be new for the Rebel line. I will gaurentee you we will not double or triple team him. White, yes he is a big, strong back and we did have difficulty tackling him last year. Early in preseason we had some tackling issues again but I think those problems have been worked out. I liked the look of the Lions QB at the Jamb. We will have to play him honest and show displine in assignments which I think is our strong point so again should be interesting. This years Def is one of the fastest in a long time and the play is very physical. Cut down the little mistakes and we will do just fine. Nothing like a first game to test the hearts of the fans. I'm jacked up for the start of the season just like all you other die hards on here. Lets get it going already..............

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about Camden and that White boy is back. He is 6'1 220lbs. He is a big ole boy that could play in the SEC next year. He was the leading rusher last year. Let me ask you a question. How fast does the boy run the 50 yard dash in? I bet he is real strong too. That coach at McKenzie better make those boys lift extra weights this week so they will be able to bring him down. You think im joking cause im not. My book also says that Camden has a boy named Jordan Murphy. He is a lineman and is 6'4 280lbs. He is real big and can knock a hole for the White boy to run through. You think im joking cause im not.

I can't imagine how I knew it was you before I even looked at who posted it!!!!???? His last time in the 50 that I heard was 4 minutes-13 seconds. Be relevant dude.

There is no doubt that both teams best bring their A game to this one!!! In looking back over about 50 years of many matchups between these two there have been a few sleepers both ways BUT many turned into heart stoppers too!! In recent years both these teams have had their act together and it will be the same this week!!! Inexperience could be a factor for both teams. It's too early in the season to start ranking thes two as to O and D. QB, Run game, pass, etc. But, I like the Rebels in our house for this one. We have running game that no one has seen yet and one quick and effective defense. I'll also predict that our receivers will snap out of it this Friday and make their mark on Lion hide!! And we have the intangible in this too.....Mad Max!!!

Rebel Nation, is Max still playing DB too????

McKenzie fixin to open a can on Camden. Good thing they are down so they can't run the score up. Very physical team in McKenzie. Should be great game to watch.

Not sure who you mean is "down" but I'm not feeling that it's the Rebels. We do have some quick growing up to do in some positions but, we've had that EVERY season for the last 6 at least. One thing above all else that I can say about the Rebels is that they are driven by MRP and it means something to every team every new season. To every player!! These Rebels have become accustomed to paying their dues to do what it takes to carry on the Rebel tradition.

Camden is a similar example. Make no mistake...this will be a great opener for someone. Hopefully both. Rebels in a close one!!

MRP