Henry County @ Liberty, Week 0

Drewcephus

Don't worry about who wins Jamborees. South Panola Tigers out of Batesville, MS have probably lost more Jamborees then they have won. It is just like any exhibition game. The record does not mean anything until the Real Season starts which will be Friday. Go Pats!!!!

I'm not sure how I came across as worried about who won the jamboree. I am worried about some of the mistakes we made in the Jamboree, as well as other scrimmages, not the outcome.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Someone reminded me that the last time we "lost" to Huntingdon in a Jamboree was '92 (Semi-Final vs. Gallatin year).

But now, its time for Liberty to see how good our Defense really is. I think we will be ready for them. Liberty will be quick and loaded with atheletes, but they'll also be inexperienced in the skill positions just as we are. Its going to be a great game and I am anxious for Friday to arrive!

Go Big Red!!!

That someone was wrong. We lost to Huntingdon several times before Gaddis dropped the event when he arrived. The only year I remember us actually winning it, we were something like 3-7. But I do agree with you in the fact that it doesn't matter the outcome either way!

That someone was wrong. We lost to Huntingdon several times before Gaddis dropped the event when he arrived. The only year I remember us actually winning it, we were something like 3-7. But I do agree with you in the fact that it doesn't matter the outcome either way!

Goodluck tom. night, just heard from a player najee ray is not starting QB, who ever the f....... Qb coach needs to be fired. I dont know what he is seeing. HC did not score in any of the scimmages when najee wasnt in there. long azz season for the patriots.

Goodluck tom. night, just heard from a player najee ray is not starting QB, who ever the f....... Qb coach needs to be fired. I dont know what he is seeing. HC did not score in any of the scimmages when najee wasnt in there. long azz season for the patriots.

Unknowing, have you stopped to think that just perhaps there may be a reason if he doesn't start? I, for one, will be behind the QB whoever he is. All this negative garbageyou dish out can have no positive effect on our team and has the potential to do a lot of harm. Makes me wonder who you are really for; Liberty maybe? This young Patriot team needs the full support of the Big Red Nation and its patience. In time they will be just fine.

GO BIG RED

It's been awhile since I have been on here but I have been reading all the posts and thought I would throw a few things into the mix. Westview is destroying Huntingdon as I speak which isn't a good sign for the Patriots. I'm sure the Patriots will find a way to stay in every game they play with their defense but the offense is a joke. We better put Najee at QB or we will never beat a good team. Which has been the case so far in the 2 scrimmages and Jamboree. Counce needs to give up on the physical game and stick to what Henry Co. has become offensively: the Spread. We have the athletes and knowledge to run and stay in the spread. We don't have the o-line nor the backs to power over people.....ie....Single A Huntingdon. I hope some wising up occurs soon so people will start being more positive and its time to get the Patriot train rolling down the tracks again. Stubborness can cost you dearly. I feel the Patriots are going to bring their A-game to Jackson and give Liberty all they want. Liberty may want to beat us but they never have and I don't think they believe they can beat us. They had a chance last year and blew it which proves my point. Let's get it done tomorrow night.

It's been awhile since I have been on here but I have been reading all the posts and thought I would throw a few things into the mix. Westview is destroying Huntingdon as I speak which isn't a good sign for the Patriots. I'm sure the Patriots will find a way to stay in every game they play with their defense but the offense is a joke. We better put Najee at QB or we will never beat a good team. Which has been the case so far in the 2 scrimmages and Jamboree. Counce needs to give up on the physical game and stick to what Henry Co. has become offensively: the Spread. We have the athletes and knowledge to run and stay in the spread. We don't have the o-line nor the backs to power over people.....ie....Single A Huntingdon. I hope some wising up occurs soon so people will start being more positive and its time to get the Patriot train rolling down the tracks again. Stubborness can cost you dearly. I feel the Patriots are going to bring their A-game to Jackson and give Liberty all they want. Liberty may want to beat us but they never have and I don't think they believe they can beat us. They had a chance last year and blew it which proves my point. Let's get it done tomorrow night.

I believe Coach Counce has been coaching long enough to know what to do with the players he has on his team. No no one on this board knows anymore than he does so lets just let him coach and do the job he was hired to do. I say " GO BIG RED" and kick some Liberty butt Friday nite !!!!

First of all I am flattered to be copied, but the Red Warrior a few posts ago is not me. Secondly, I continue to lable what you said as absurd. Counce may have said it, but he didn't mean it. He is not a liar, but obviously covering for the mistake of someone else. It is ultimately his fault, because he is the head coach. He will not allow that to happen again. The idea that a pass was thrown in that situation is absurd and the fact that you believe what Counce said is even more amazing. I can assure you that Counce himself doesn't even believe what he said in that regard. Let's get ready for Liberty.

Whatever you say champ. I find it kind of funny that you say "He is not a liar", and then turn around and say it's "amazing" that i actually believe what he said. Whatever, doesn't really matter. Let's keep that undefeated streak agains Liberty going.

It may have been a while since you've been on here, but how long have you been watching practice, scrimmages and the like to make the kind of statements you are making? Some people are so clueless, speak before thinking. We don't have the line? Heck, we probably have the best lineman HC has EVER had. I think its possible that you are not aware of what's going on with this Patriot team. Maybe you should stick to your profession (whatever that may be) and let Coach Counce stick to his.

We may win tomorrow night, we may lose tomorrow night, but I know for a fact that I will be cheering on my Patriots. And like I said before, I like our chances. Maybe they can prove you wrong, "we will never beat a good team."

Let's go Patriots! Make it happen!!! Believe in yourselves!!!

Go Big RED!!!

It may have been a while since you've been on here, but how long have you been watching practice, scrimmages and the like to make the kind of statements you are making? Some people are so clueless, speak before thinking. We don't have the line? Heck, we probably have the best lineman HC has EVER had. I think its possible that you are not aware of what's going on with this Patriot team. Maybe you should stick to your profession (whatever that may be) and let Coach Counce stick to his.

We may win tomorrow night, we may lose tomorrow night, but I know for a fact that I will be cheering on my Patriots. And like I said before, I like our chances. Maybe they can prove you wrong, "we will never beat a good team."

Let's go Patriots! Make it happen!!! Believe in yourselves!!!

Go Big RED!!!

I actually agree to the point that we should stick to the spread. Counce did say in front of a whole crowd when he was hired that he "wasn't going to change the offense or defense." Gaddis may be gone, but he left quite a few things here that in all honesty should not be changed right now. Don't get me wrong, Counce has been a success wherever he's been, and I believe firmly that he'll be a success in his second stint with us. But that doesn't change the fact that we're coming off the best 5 year stretch in our history. We've obtained an offensive style that has become feared around the state, and it appears that we still have the personnel to continue it. I simply do not know the details regarding the QB situation other than one looks better than the other. That's it. There could be many issues that I don't know about such as discipline or leadership. But if those issues are non existent, we should have a pretty dang good quarterback (no matter what type of offense we run.) I've talked with many dyersburg fans who call the idea of Counce not playing the best players ridiculous among other words. So, is anything set in stone? Who is going to be starting tomorrow night? They haven't had Najee at QB all preseason just so they can start him at another position on offense come game 1 have they? So who's it gonna be? I'll root for whoever it is. We have some very good pieces around them.

Either way ya look at it. This is going to be a fun and interesting year. GO BIG RED!!!

I actually agree to the point that we should stick to the spread. Counce did say in front of a whole crowd when he was hired that he "wasn't going to change the offense or defense." Gaddis may be gone, but he left quite a few things here that in all honesty should not be changed right now. Don't get me wrong, Counce has been a success wherever he's been, and I believe firmly that he'll be a success in his second stint with us. But that doesn't change the fact that we're coming off the best 5 year stretch in our history. We've obtained an offensive style that has become feared around the state, and it appears that we still have the personnel to continue it. I simply do not know the details regarding the QB situation other than one looks better than the other. That's it. There could be many issues that I don't know about such as discipline or leadership. But if those issues are non existent, we should have a pretty dang good quarterback (no matter what type of offense we run.) I've talked with many dyersburg fans who call the idea of Counce not playing the best players ridiculous among other words. So, is anything set in stone? Who is going to be starting tomorrow night? They haven't had Najee at QB all preseason just so they can start him at another position on offense come game 1 have they? So who's it gonna be? I'll root for whoever it is. We have some very good pieces around them.

Either way ya look at it. This is going to be a fun and interesting year. GO BIG RED!!!

RedSwarm, I think you proved my point I was trying to make. Not that we need to change, its that we haven't changed our offense to a power I or wishbone or anything like it. It is a little different, but in essence we have a very similar setup as has been in the last five years. What is different is the idea of having a more powerful Defense - that I'm excited about! The QB situation will be what it is. Like you, I know little about it other than when we run the wildcat type, it seems to work. But for how long? A few good plays like that will do well, but you can't run it all night long. I think we'll see the best atheletes on the field. And yes its absurd to think otherwise, but there are a few on here who can't seem to help themselves from bringing it up.

Now - its game day and I'm ready to see some action! As I've said before, I think our Defense will be ready to hit 'em in the mouth, make them realize they are on the field with the Big Red. I am anxious to see how its going to go on offense. Should be a great one!

Let's get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

The YANKER chose to wait until today because the news is not good (I apologize to Henrylanders as well as to myself because this YANKER despises Liberty)...but in an effort to be accurate...this sad YANKER must pick Liberty (this YANKER hopes to be wrong). My reason is simple...Henryland is a house divided...and an ignorant house I might add. You have a new coach...new staff...and all you want to do (despite the efforts of my young Cephus) is argue over personnel. This YANKER thinks that it will cost you. It will cost you because I must assume where there is a lot of smoke...there must be some fire!!! I sincerely hope that you can get your messy house in order...Liberty 21-HC 13...JCM 20-Haywood County 7...I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yanker

[/quote I wouldn't worry too much about the Westview-Huntingdon debacle. Westview returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown then were beneficiares of 4 fumble recovers in the first quarter that led to a 20-0 lead after 12 minutes. In all, Huntingdon laid it on the ground nine times and Westview recovered seven. (wouldn't it be nice if Liberty would host us so gracefully). Westview didn't move the ball on them any better than did the Patriots. Westview's defense shut them out but so did ours.

For the entire Gaddis era,as good as it was, some on here bitc... and moaned about the lack of a power game in the red zone and .in truth,it was sometimes a liability(last years Clarksville game comes to mind).The power game is an addition that could be very useful and we certainly haven't abandoned the spreadas some on here contend.

GO BIG RED