memphis coaching

topper06

Yessir! It is truly that bad. I have lived in the greater Memphis area for the last 25 plus years and it has never been worse with turnover.

Go Trojans!

You are right Rob. Their schools are horrible. They are still filling teaching positions and I will bet by Christmas they will have as many openings as they did at the beginning of the year. They went to this Teach America thing and those teachers usually bail out before they even get their chairs warm. As far as coaching all the really good ones retired and got out. I would say Jesus Patino is our best now with Jimmy Adams getting out. What about that guy at Hamilton who won the state a few years back? This guy had no clue. Just shows that talent wins games in the MCS.

Patino is good, but the best is Wes Hennings....2 cents

as far as the schools they are trying to make them better but how can you do it with 50% teacher turnover every year? tough place but great basketball. top 5 all time imho.

1. terry tippet

2. vertais sails

3. jimmy adams

4. tim morgan

5. wes henning

as far as the schools they are trying to make them better but how can you do it with 50% teacher turnover every year? tough place but great basketball. top 5 all time imho.

1. terry tippet

2. vertais sails

3. jimmy adams

4. tim morgan

5. wes henning

Coach Tippet is great. His White Station teams were as fun to watch as a college team.

Coach Tippet is great. His White Station teams were as fun to watch as a college team.

Tippet is in a class by himself. On another note I hear the new school year in Memphis is off to a bang...gangs are ruling the halls. Is it really true that Wharton wants to merge the county and city schools and let this Cash character run them? I bet that is really going over well with the folks in Shelby County.

Edited by topper06

Where is Coach Tippet coaching now??? or has he retired. If he hasn't retired, has he had the same or similar success where he is at? I wish I could have seen some of his teams play. I am from Florida and rarely get to see teams out of Tn. unless they travel down for some of our Christmas tourneys, such as Liberty Tech a few years ago, Franklin Co., looking forward to seeing Melrose in Fort Myers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coach Tippet is now at ECS it's a private school here in Memphis. Does anyone know who got the Germantown, Houston, Collierville jobs?

collierville has same coach. Family issues resolved. Houston and germantown both hired guys from middle school jobs in the system. I don't beileve either is on campus, both stayed at their middle schools.

collierville has same coach. Family issues resolved. Houston and germantown both hired guys from middle school jobs in the system. I don't beileve either is on campus, both stayed at their middle schools.

until the mcs changes their hiring practices and allow the principals to hire the best coaches avaliable it will be the same...but really with all that talent there they could hire a polar bear to coach and still win titles.