BIG 8 in Week 0

crawdad

The Big 8 projects to be strong this year. Everyone except Tn.Hi opens play in week 0. Knoxville invades Kingsport with Farragut @ Dobyns-Bennett and West @ South. Others with home field advantage are Boone hosting Seymour and Volunteer entertaining Elizabethton. Those hitting the road include Science Hill @ Soddy Daisy, Central @ North, and Crockett @ East. Who wins, who loses?

The Big 8 projects to be strong this year. Everyone except Tn.Hi opens play in week 0. Knoxville invades Kingsport with Farragut @ Dobyns-Bennett and West @ South. Others with home field advantage are Boone hosting Seymour and Volunteer entertaining Elizabethton. Those hitting the road include Science Hill @ Soddy Daisy, Central @ North, and Crockett @ East. Who wins, who loses?

I'll start it. DB by 10 over Farragut,West by 14 over South,Boone by 7 over Seymour,Betsy by 24 over Volunteer,Soddy Daisy by 10 over Science Hill,North by 14 over Central,Crockett by 6 over East. :thumb:

I'll start it. DB by 10 over Farragut,West by 14 over South,Boone by 7 over Seymour,Betsy by 24 over Volunteer,Soddy Daisy by 10 over Science Hill,North by 14 over Central,Crockett by 6 over East. :thumb:

I like the Crockett pick. Probably their best chance to win one other than Central or South Greene

west 24 south 20

boone 31 seymour 7

elizabethton big

SH 38 sd 17

north 35 cent 14

East 28 crockett 14

Farragut 31 DB 28 DB fumbles late and farragut kicks a field goal to win it.

west 24 south 20

boone 31 seymour 7

elizabethton big

SH 38 sd 17

north 35 cent 14

East 28 crockett 14

Farragut 31 DB 28 DB fumbles late and farragut kicks a field goal to win it.

toss . . . I agree with all predictions except 2 . . . I think D-B wins by 10 or more and I think Crockett will squash S. East.

I posted my score on the Farragut thread 2 weeks ago.

DB 35 - Farragut 7

The Island 35 - Soddomy Daisy 14

Boone 35 - Seymore 14

'Betsy 48 - Volunteer7

DB North 28 - Central 7

Davey 21 - East 0

South - West TBA

Tha Black Devil Train has moved on down the tracks to return next week. Quoth the Raven nevermore.

Big 8 to be strong this year? Compared to who. DB is above average, South is down, TN High is who knows, Daniel Boone is near the top? Sorry, but compared to the rest of the state BIG 8 is not impressive. In 98,2000, and 2002 when DB made the semis 3 years, or around the time when Sevier County won state were the best teams upper East TN has seen. Big 8 would have was far below most other areas in the state last year, as a whole they are up this year, but none of the teams are considered to make a ripple in their respective classifications this year. And all the 4A and 5A schools can laugh about DB 1st round exits but DB is pretty much the only team to beat any Knoxville area teams in the playoffs to even get to the the tougher Nashville and Memphis teams. South last year beat there 1st ever team west of Morristown. DB beats said teams all the time. So point is, I don't care who you are from upper east TN. you do not have more wins over teams west of morristown then DB. AND most important, I don't care if you have to wait until the semis to play a KNoxville team, a semi Knoxville team loss is the same as a 1st round Knoxville team loss. None of your teams, go research it have beaten more teams west of morristown (where the talent for some reason increases) then DB. I don't care what round it is. heck, if DB got to wait until the semis to play a KNoxville team, they would be there every year. Bring some facts, cause the numbers are in my corner.

Everyone go right here before you argue http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbplayoff.cfm

See that DB has defeated teams west of morristown 100 times more then any upper east tn school. Why does it matter? Because when you look at it, no matter the size of the school, upper east tn schools have 1 or 2 or sometimes NO wins over teams West of Morristown. Why? The talent. One exception DB! Look at regular season wins in conference against Knoxville teams, out of conference vs Oak Ridge, etc. The point is, all of you fools that say DB is a 1st round loss fail to realize that that 1st round loss is to a Knoxville or more western area team. Your weak playoff course allows you to avoid Knoxville until the semis or sometimes more. Point is, our first round loss to Maryville or Ooltewah is way tougher then even a semi final loss to Greeneville or Morristown East. You people that make fun of a DB 1st round loss fail to realize that your own schools late round loss is evev weaker.

Don't believe me??!!

Go to my link and compare DB playoff wins over teams west of morristown to your school, then proceed to realize how you have now idea about the different levels of football around the state. Then, go do research on regular season, and see how many more wins we have in that area too. And for the idiot that will say we are a bigger school (it is ok, I planned on county school, TN High fans (Cap1) and others to mention that) it does not matter becuase even in your own CLASSIFICATION you can hardly EVER get pasy Morristown. DB does it all the time, so DB thus plays the best ball in upper east tn. Sorry South, TN High, and others, see your record. The wall is Knoxville and beyond and you just can't beat those teams.

So your first round loss jokes are pointless, because if there were other 6A schools in upper east tn we would beat them. And if South, TN High etc, had to play KNoxville teams or west, you all always 99.9% of the time lose. Please try to argue and spin that, numbers don't lie.

Basically, unleess you can show me more wins over teams west of morristown then DB, you lose because DB beats these teams of equal size and you all can't. History shows that upper east TN has the least state titles compared to the rest of the state. So you all really need to pick it up, cause at least DB wins over these teams sometimes. I bet Cap1 comes back with the 72 or 73 team. Nobody cares, this is within last 25 years. Dig for numbers, I did and you ain't gonna win.

Edited by bud

Everyone go right here before you argue http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbplayoff.cfm

See that DB has defeated teams west of morristown 100 times more then any upper east tn school. Why does it matter? Because when you look at it, no matter the size of the school, upper east tn schools have 1 or 2 or sometimes NO wins over teams West of Morristown. Why? The talent. One exception DB! Look at regular season wins in conference against Knoxville teams, out of conference vs Oak Ridge, etc. The point is, all of you fools that say DB is a 1st round loss fail to realize that that 1st round loss is to a Knoxville or more western area team. Your weak playoff course allows you to avoid Knoxville until the semis or sometimes more. Point is, our first round loss to Maryville or Ooltewah is way tougher then even a semi final loss to Greeneville or Morristown East. You people that make fun of a DB 1st round loss fail to realize that your own schools late round loss is evev weaker.

Don't believe me??!!

Go to my link and compare DB playoff wins over teams west of morristown to your school, then proceed to realize how you have now idea about the different levels of football around the state. Then, go do research on regular season, and see how many more wins we have in that area too. And for the idiot that will say we are a bigger school (it is ok, I planned on county school, TN High fans (Cap1) and others to mention that) it does not matter becuase even in your own CLASSIFICATION you can hardly EVER get pasy Morristown. DB does it all the time, so DB thus plays the best ball in upper east tn. Sorry South, TN High, and others, see your record. The wall is Knoxville and beyond and you just can't beat those teams.

So your first round loss jokes are pointless, because if there were other 6A schools in upper east tn we would beat them. And if South, TN High etc, had to play KNoxville teams or west, you all always 99.9% of the time lose. Please try to argue and spin that, numbers don't lie.

Basically, unleess you can show me more wins over teams west of morristown then DB, you lose because DB beats these teams of equal size and you all can't. History shows that upper east TN has the least state titles compared to the rest of the state. So you all really need to pick it up, cause at least DB wins over these teams sometimes. I bet Cap1 comes back with the 72 or 73 team. Nobody cares, this is within last 25 years. Dig for numbers, I did and you ain't gonna win.

YAWN -- We all know Bud how many games you boys have won over there. We've heard these points over and over again. :wacko: