Big Games in Memphis

kwc

I was down in Horn Lake and decided to check out the LC game, Southwind is much improved, but still missed chances. Down 16-14, LC returned a kick to put the game away and while Southwind drove the ball to LC's 11 yd line, there was a penalty and thus the Jags couldn't convert. It was a very good and competitive game, though I'm not a fan of MS refs.

I'll be at White Station vs. Briarcrest tomar.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton is going to have a very long season! Bartlett ( who may go 2-8 ) totally dominated the wildcats. Only 1 first down in the first half. Bad way to start the year especially against a bitter rival. Where did all the athletes that Bolton used to throw out there go?

I attended the CBHS/ MELROSE game Both teams seemed to run the game well. Melrose seem to get away from the run which in my opinion hurt them. CBHS turned the ball over 3 or 4 times keeping Melrose in the game. It's was 13-0 CBHS with 3or4 min to go and CBHS turned the ball over and Melrose put together an impressive drive scoring in 5 plays and a min and a half. Then Melrose recovered a beautiful onside kick with a minute plus but was unable to score in time. All in all the game was rather boring until the last 3 minutes. I believe with a couple more games under there belt Melrose is going to be a lot better than people have been giving them credit for!

I attended the CBHS/ MELROSE game Both teams seemed to run the game well. Melrose seem to get away from the run which in my opinion hurt them. CBHS turned the ball over 3 or 4 times keeping Melrose in the game. It's was 13-0 CBHS with 3or4 min to go and CBHS turned the ball over and Melrose put together an impressive drive scoring in 5 plays and a min and a half. Then Melrose recovered a beautiful onside kick with a minute plus but was unable to score in time. All in all the game was rather boring until the last 3 minutes. I believe with a couple more games under there belt Melrose is going to be a lot better than people have been giving them credit for!

CBHS got a little too cute and almost blew this one...shuttle pass INSIDE with the clock at 6:50 and Melrose with no timeouts and down by 2 scores. Almost outcoached themselves on this one!