Waverly vs. Lewis County (Prediction)

TheExpert

Well here is the one we have been waiting on! Waverly was shocked by Montgomery Central in a fluke loss and from what Iwas told, the guys were overlooking MC for their game with LC.

Lewis barely beat an 0-5 Lawrence County team that threw for 300 yards.

The facts are: Waverly is ready and this game means a huge loss for LC and their region hopes. With Jessie Hayes running wild or with Waverly throwing the ball at will aginst the worst pass defense in high school football (Ask Fairview if I am wrong?) this one is gonna be a shocker.

Waverly 20

Lewis County 3

PS: I dread playing Loretto. They look like the real deal although I think Waverly can shot them down with our vaunted defense. Loretto will throw for 500 yards aginst Lewis County!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly VS Lewis Co.

The big region game we have been waiting for. Waverly coming off a disappointing loss, but honestly we didnt play like the Tiger Team does or is capable of. Come Friday night when the lights come on, This Tiger Team WILL be ready to play. This will be a tough game. Waverly is ofcourse the underdogs in this game, playing the Region Champs of last year, I believe we have a little bone to pick with these boys, We lost our Homecoming last year to this team, I hope the TIGERS can come off this disappointing loss and take it to Lewis Co. come Friday night.Good luck to all!

Senior WB/CB #7

Well I guess we are gonna see if this Waverly team is for real this week. Looking forward to this week for it is out Homecoming along with a chance to stop another contender. I don't see anything impressive enough by Waverly to get me to predict a loss for the Panthers so I am gonna say LC-35 Waverly-14. Good luck Panthers!!!

You Lewis County fans take the cake! You are talking about Waverly not playing anybody..HA HA Your wins are over:

Moore County 1-4

Mt. Pleasant 0-5

Harpeth 1-4

Lawrenceburg 0-5

Take the ugly win over Fairview out of the equation and Lewis County has beaten four real powerhouses huh? Yeah with a combined record of 2 wins and 18 losses! Can you people in Lewis County please wake up and get real. You struggle against Lawrence County, an 0-5 team that Loretto manhandled, and start predicting that you are gonna beat Waverly by 25-35 points... that is just laughable.

No wonder your team is down, the players probably get on here and read your crazy predictions... what a joke!

And if you need more evidence of your brush with fantasy, check out the Coach T link that rates teams strength of schedule. Out of 49 Class AA teams, Lewis County is rated 47th in the entire state in tough schedules, meaning they have the third easiest schedule in all of Class AA.

http://www.coacht.com/rankings/sos.cfm?SportID=1

I am a Loretto fan, but I have to come to Lewis Co.'s defense. Loretto beat Lawrence by 14 just like Lewis did. The only difference is they did not have to come from behind to do it. I believe Lewis will come out on top in this one. Neither team has had tremendous competition, but Lewis Co.'s offense is usually hard to stop.

Until Lewis Co. figures out some way to stop the pass they are going to have trouble the rest of the year. They have a good run defense but the corners are too small and play to soft to stop the passing game. I look for LC to blitz more often on passing teams. It was the only thing that worked against Lawrenceburg. They came out throwing and had LC on the ropes the whole first half. If they have a few less drops then this game would have been real interesting.

I agree that LC has not been but to the test. Parsons is really the only good team they have played. No offense to Fairview, I just feel that you are not as good as LC, overall. Homecoming should be a good one, and anyone predicting a blowout has NO basis for that prediction!!! Good Luck LC!!!