Bledsoe County vs Marion County

Hey TTP, where are all of Marion supportes now on here? You seem to be bye yourself most of the time. Everyone goes through a down time every so often, hang in there.

Glad to see that us Warrior supporters have been missed...some of us have been busy with work and family but keeping up with the Warriors without the need to post it here. This season could go either way. We are young and as usual there is always room for improvement. No matter the season, I will be there supporting my kids.

I agree TweedleDumb, Bledsoe didn't show much defence Friday night, but I haven't seen Marion play yet, so only time will tell. I think all the opposing coaches should contact TSSAA about the field conditions. I personally feel Bledsoe isn't all that fast and the miserable field will slow the faster teams down (great plan). Hopefully VP will see how unfair he has been and start calling the game like everyone else does. Every kid that plays on Friday night home or away deserves to be recognized.

Bratt22, I suppose your going to watch Central/Sequatchie this Friday? How are things looking down that way? I went to the Chattanooga Jamboree instead of the Valley one hoping to see better football. Central blitzes almost every single play and a team that ran to the outside on either side would burn them every time. They mainly blitz up the middle. Sam has those kids believing over at Central. Wish both teams luck and injury-free game. I had heard all summer how Bledsoe was going to be good on both sides of the ball but small and probably go undefeated. Now after watching last weeks game I would be suprised if they go 6-4 and make the playoffs as a wild card. As the old saying goes "Defense wins championships" and Bledsoe doesn't have much of a defense. Unless Bledsoe really improves as the progresses they will have a tough time defending the run all year. Pass defense isn't much better got 2 good safeties but there is only so much they can cover. Younger kids are going to have to step up and fill the shoes that last years seniors left void.

Several of the guys that made a play for Marion-Jasper in the last game vs Cumberland-Crossville were seniors. I looked in the program from the game and I believe they had more than 10 seniors. #10, #7, #44, #52, #15 among others. These guys and the QB looked like the best the warriors had to offer. It looks like it could get a little worse before it gets better. Hang in there though it will get better one day. Bledsoe-Pikeville should have a good team this year. They looked decent a few weeks ago. Should be an entertaining game.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Bratt22, I suppose your going to watch Central/Sequatchie this Friday? How are things looking down that way? I went to the Chattanooga Jamboree instead of the Valley one hoping to see better football. Central blitzes almost every single play and a team that ran to the outside on either side would burn them every time. They mainly blitz up the middle. Sam has those kids believing over at Central. Wish both teams luck and injury-free game. I had heard all summer how Bledsoe was going to be good on both sides of the ball but small and probably go undefeated. Now after watching last weeks game I would be suprised if they go 6-4 and make the playoffs as a wild card. As the old saying goes "Defense wins championships" and Bledsoe doesn't have much of a defense. Unless Bledsoe really improves as the progresses they will have a tough time defending the run all year. Pass defense isn't much better got 2 good safeties but there is only so much they can cover. Younger kids are going to have to step up and fill the shoes that last years seniors left void.

Yes Tweed, I will be at Finley Friday and yes our coaches are fully aware Central blitzes alot. We have the speed to counter that. The jury is still out conserning how good Sequatchie is. I feel if our O line will do their assignments correctly, we could have a good year, but that is true for most teams. I think our district as a whole has improved this year and will be tough.

I heard that the O line for Coalfield had 1 8th grader and 3 freshmen, if that is true they did a great job Friday night. Bledsoe is pretty small and the starters will have to play most of the game, because I didn't see much depth. I also think they will have to be able to run the ball better than they did, especially against the better passing defenses.

Bledsoe 27

Marion 13

I agree TweedleDumb, Bledsoe didn't show much defence Friday night, but I haven't seen Marion play yet, so only time will tell. I think all the opposing coaches should contact TSSAA about the field conditions. I personally feel Bledsoe isn't all that fast and the miserable field will slow the faster teams down (great plan). Hopefully VP will see how unfair he has been and start calling the game like everyone else does. Every kid that plays on Friday night home or away deserves to be recognized.

Coach Reel is trying to give them boys what they deserve. He wanted a great field for them so he done what he could. It might not have came to be the best field but it will improve throughout the season. Its going to be a great game friday no matter how the field is. Both teams love the game of football and will play their hearts out. BC has alot of fast young boys and so does MC, Bledsoe offense is set, but the defense can step it up. Goodluck this friday boys wish i could be there with you guys. Remember you got to have personality!

BC- 35

MC-24

I wish it was just a wet field OP, but the field looked like a thousand basketball size meteors hit the field and sand put in them.

I'VE SEEN BAD FIELD'S ALMOST COST PLAYER'S THERE CAREER'S. THEY SHOULD BE MADE BY THE T$$AA TO FIX IT OR HAVE THE GAME CHANGED TO ANOTHER LOCATION. THIS GAME IS SO EARLY I DON'T KNOW WHO TO PICK BUT LIKE OP SAY'S THE WARRIOR'S WILL WIN!!!

Coach Reel is trying to give them boys what they deserve. He wanted a great field for them so he done what he could. It might not have came to be the best field but it will improve throughout the season. Its going to be a great game friday no matter how the field is. Both teams love the game of football and will play their hearts out. BC has alot of fast young boys and so does MC, Bledsoe offense is set, but the defense can step it up. Goodluck this friday boys wish i could be there with you guys. Remember you got to have personality!

BC- 35

MC-24

Im sure Coach Reel is doing what he feels is best. But there is no way it will get better unless it gets sod, the growing season is over. You can't sprig bermuda and hope it will grow in one year, it take several years to do that.

• Upvote 1

Im sure Coach Reel is doing what he feels is best. But there is no way it will get better unless it gets sod, the growing season is over. You can't sprig bermuda and hope it will grow in one year, it take several years to do that.

The thing is he was outside watering it in July at 3:00pm and it 95-100 degrees. Who does that? Thats asking for your field to be "burnt" by the sun.