most tackles

footballfanatic

In the game between Coffee County and Lavergne (Lavergne won 31-21), I was informed that safety Jamie Norris of CC recorded 27 total tackles (24 solo and 3 assists). I was just wandering what the state record for most tackles in a single game was.

Oh, by the way, it also sounds like if it weren't for Norris, CC would not have been in the game at all. He caght like 4 passes for 70somthin yards and a td, and rushed a few times, completed a pass, returned kickoffs to midfield, and also intercepted a pass. One of the best individual efforts I've ever seen. I think he is the most unrecognized player in region 3-5A. Definitley should be considered for all-region.

[Edited by footballfanatic on 9-29-02 1:19P]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by footballfanatic:

In the game between Coffee County and Lavergne (Lavergne won 31-21), I was informed that safety Jamie Norris of CC recorded 27 total tackles (24 solo and 3 assists). I was just wandering what the state record for most tackles in a single game was.

Oh, by the way, it also sounds like if it weren't for Norris, CC would not have been in the game at all. He caght like 4 passes for 70somthin yards and a td, and rushed a few times, completed a pass, returned kickoffs to midfield, and also intercepted a pass. One of the best individual efforts I've ever seen. I think he is the most unrecognized player in region 3-5A. Definitley should be considered for all-region.

[Edited by footballfanatic on 9-29-02 1:19P]

That's an awful lot of tackles for a safety to have to make...

That's the most I've heard of in a long time. Rutledge had a kid that got 25 in a game about 6 years ago.

Be very wary of the tackle statistics. They are totally dependent on how they count the "tackles." As an example, was the player the primary tackler or the secondary tackler? If he was gang tackled, who gets the stat-not all of them obviously. I've seen in the past players listed averaging 19 tackles a game-that figure is totally unrealistic. I tend to err on the conservative. Players will not usually be in a position to average a large number of individual take downs; more than likely they are assists rather than solos. It is the most subjective statistic out there.

Posted by fromthetop2:

Be very wary of the tackle statistics. They are totally dependent on how they count the "tackles." As an example, was the player the primary tackler or the secondary tackler? If he was gang tackled, who gets the stat-not all of them obviously. I've seen in the past players listed averaging 19 tackles a game-that figure is totally unrealistic. I tend to err on the conservative. Players will not usually be in a position to average a large number of individual take downs; more than likely they are assists rather than solos. It is the most subjective statistic out there.

I am aware of that, but i can asure you that Jamie Norris had at least 10 solo in the first half alone. Everytime Chris Grimes broke to the open field, Jamie Norris was running him down or tripping him up after a 10-15 yard run. Norris is a great open-field tackler and the defense that night was so bad that Norris was the only one around to make the play most every time. But, would 27 tackles in one game be a record? or is this statistic to subjective to even keep up with? I will watch the film and count them myself.

The stat for Norris was correct accept that I think the stat of a forced fumble and a recovered fumble were left out. As for the linebacker and line play. The line kept the o line off of the linebaker the whole night, but it was the worst linebacker play I have ever seen in my life. Norris was forced to make these tackles all night and I am sure he would have rather not had the great stats as to have had some help and a win.

[Edited by mynameis on 9-29-02 9:36P]