Powell @ Fulton

osunut2

great win for the powell panthers. i was worried all week about fulton overlooking em wit ae nexr week. powell show up motivated ,ready and played with emotion. fulton showed up like powell was going lay down.the qb for powell runs their offense great and he is tough ,i seen that last year. powell defense was in place all nite and wrapped great. fulton is known for hard hitting and toughness. they not show that any this year including scrimmages.you win the game on the field not on paper. powell could make a strong run in 5a if they play like that every week. fulton had their chances to strech a lead in the firts half but couldnt. powell played smash mouth in the 2nd and thats fulton rite now . good job by the powell coaches and players .powell gave fulton the respect and earn alot of respect state wide. dont like powell but good luck and hope this game will take you a long way. fulon better get their head on and play with some emotion and heart and play like they can. ae this week alcoa the next. wake up fulton and start playing football with EMOTION!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, even after the game, I am confident that the Falcons have more talent and ability than the Panthers. We didn't show it in this game! It all came down to who wanted it more. Powell played with more heart and hungered for the win. The Falcons, well, they did not play to their potential and definitely did not play with Heart!

Now, as far as the taunting goes, that is a learned and tolerated behavior! There is always gonna be a kid that runs his mouth. For several team members to run their mouths and even the behavior and tolerance of behavior of some (not all) of the Powell Coaches, that was disappointing to watch! That is behavior that would NEVER be tolerated from a FULTON Coach. For as long as I can remember, our team has come together to reflect on the game and pray together on The Falcon! I think that any team deserves that respect on their Home Field. It is a tradition and is important rather we win or lose. How do I know this? It was taught to me by one of the Greatest Coaches in high school football!

Final thought...it came down to who wanted to win the most! The Falcons did not play to win and gave up early! The question is will we realize our mistakes and play with heart next week? Maybe we will be able to answer this questions after running a "few" hills this week! Go Falcons!

I really mean no offense, but that is one of the most delusional posts I have ever read on this forum. It's not like Powell just barely won the game. How you can talk about being a superior team when the team had their hats handed to them on the field of play is a mystery to me. Why not just give credit where it is due? Superior? That's just not realistic.

And, honestly, if you believe that players from your side weren't trash talking, then you really aren't being honest with yourself. Did you notice the unsportsmanlike flags that were called on the home team late in the game? They weren't thrown for nice behavior.

Fulton will go on and have a good year. They will get better.

I really mean no offense, but that is one of the most delusional posts I have ever read on this forum. It's not like Powell just barely won the game. How you can talk about being a superior team when the team had their hats handed to them on the field of play is a mystery to me. Why not just give credit where it is due? Superior? That's just not realistic.

And, honestly, if you believe that players from your side weren't trash talking, then you really aren't being honest with yourself. Did you notice the unsportsmanlike flags that were called on the home team late in the game? They weren't thrown for nice behavior.

Fulton will go on and have a good year. They will get better.

First of all maybe you are delusional or maybe you cannot comprehend what you read from my post. I gave plenty of credit to Powell. I said multiple times that they came to win. We did not play with emotion and completely quit early. I am sure you read the part that I said we have more talent and ability. You obviously quit reading at this point! I NEVER typed the word "superior" in my post. I think many others in Knoxville share my opinion or we would not have been picked to win by most, if not all, media predicting the outcome of the game! I never said Powell was not a good team. Obviously, we barely came out with a win last year and obviously lost this year. I also stated that there would be a kid here and there that will run their mouth ( that goes for any team including ours). The penalty went both ways late in the game not just against the Falcons (maybe you weren't paying attention or maybe you are in denial). However, there should have been more flags thrown for running up and down our sidelines...taunting our coaches and players with their helmets off! Of course emotions are going to run high with that type of behavior! I was only commenting on what was observed by other posters. Are the Falcons completely innocent? I never said that. I will say that our coaches would not have tolerated our players displaying that type of disrespect. However, our coaches made the right decision in immediately removing our team from the field after the game while Powell celebrated on our Falcon. (That is just plain rude and disrespectful) I feel very strongly about this and will never change my mind that we deserved respect (win or lose) to continue a tradition of reflection and prayer on our Falcon with our team, coaches, family, and fans! There have only been very few times that I can remember our team not able to end a game night with this. Maybe you need to re-read my post before you try to state something that is just not true. That IMO is delusional. I don't need you to tell me that the Falcons will go on to have a good year. We DID NOT show what we are capable of on the field Friday night! I am hoping we get it together and show our real talent, ability, and heart next week against AE. Congratulations to Powell, you deserved the win. I am sure that Powell will have a very successful year if they continue to play the way they did in Week 1! Good Luck for the rest of the year! Go Falcons!

Thanks, Sister. I comprehend what I read just fine. Talk it cheap. The scoreboard wasn't incorrect.

Have you actually watched the tape of the game? There weren't any Powell players "running up and down the sidelines" taunting anybody. One player ran out to about the 20 after he caught a TD pass. He was looking to the Powell end of the stands, which were on the opposite end from where he was. If that constitutes taunting in your mind, then so be it. There was an official right in front of him and he didn't feel like it needed to be flagged. Nobody was jumping up and down on the Falcon logo. That's where the team ended up after the handshakes. If you want to find some wrongdoing in that, then, again, have it your way.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I do not have to see the film, although I could if I wanted to. I saw it with my own eyes right on the 50 yd line running up the sidelines in front of our coaches and players! I'm not sure what reading level you are but I never said they "jumped up and down" on the Falcon...never said it! The most important part of the conversation is Powell came to win...and they did! Anyway...moving on! Go Falcons beat the Roadrunners!

I do not have to see the film, although I could if I wanted to. I saw it with my own eyes right on the 50 yd line running up the sidelines in front of our coaches and players! I'm not sure what reading level you are but I never said they "jumped up and down" on the Falcon...never said it! The most important part of the conversation is Powell came to win...and they did! Anyway...moving on! Go Falcons beat the Roadrunners!

For the record, HTV is a very reliable source, and he definitely had a "birds-eye" view of the game. I think you two are just going to have to agree to disagree. Hopefully the Falcons will bounce back this week against AE.

For the record, HTV is a very reliable source, and he definitely had a "birds-eye" view of the game. I think you two are just going to have to agree to disagree. Hopefully the Falcons will bounce back this week against AE.

Yes guys, please agree to disagree, yes if she wanted to watch film all she would need to say is Dad bring me the tape home, But Im sure he would say, "ah hunny there is no need for that, let it go".

And HTV Im sure anyone could have an opinion that the powell player taunted FHS sidelines but PHS all knows he was looking far down the field (in front of sink hole alley) to the Powell fans...

oh well I hope this topic is done... Go Beat AE please.

Powell, Go beat those Red Satans...lol

Yes guys, please agree to disagree, yes if she wanted to watch film all she would need to say is Dad bring me the tape home, But Im sure he would say, "ah hunny there is no need for that, let it go".

That explains a lot, and it is apparent that the poster who posted that doesn't really want to know the truth. The tape doesn't lie.

I'm done with it. Powell plays Halls in two days. That is always the most important game of the year for Powell because it is the first district (region game in the old format)game of the year.

Both Powell and Fulton looked very good in week 0. Powell cruised against SD, while Fulton dominated a telented Morristown East squad. Fulton is easily one of the best teams in East Tennessee, and may be the team to beat in 4A this year. This is a major litmus test for the Panthers. Last year's game was close, and although Powell outgained the Falcons, Fulton edged the Panthers by a touchdown.

Anderson County, Oak Ridge, and Clinton will all be big games, but I'll argue that this is Powell's toughest game of the regular season. Anyone have a prediction?

Still think this was Powell's toughest game of the season? If so they should walk through the rest of the teams.... :mrgreen: I do hope Powell beats Halls and Oak Ridge. Same for AC I hope they beat Campbell Co. and Centrial. This will be a huge game.....

Still think this was Powell's toughest game of the season? If so they should walk through the rest of the teams.... :mrgreen: I do hope Powell beats Halls and Oak Ridge. Same for AC I hope they beat Campbell Co. and Centrial. This will be a huge game.....

I definitely stand corrected. I still think that Fulton is going to contend for the 4A title, but they looked very human against Powell last Friday night. AC-Powell is really looking like a huge matchup...