Tennessee High vs Sullivan East

THSVikings2004

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rivalry has been a little lopsided recently :blink: , but what are your thoughts on the game?

I predict the Patriots will give the Vikings a pretty good game for a couple of quarters before the Vikings pull away in the 3rd or 4th.

Your joking,Right.A topic for Tenn. high and East.Dude, if yall have trouble with East,id just give up on the rest of the season!LOL,It could be worse,you could be playing Virginia High.Wait a Min? :roflol:

This rivalry has been a little lopsided recently :blink: , but what are your thoughts on the game?

I predict the Patriots will give the Vikings a pretty good game for a couple of quarters before the Vikings pull away in the 3rd or 4th.

04' have you heard anything about the Patriots and their new coach? Who is their stand out player this year? They always have at least one standout.

Your joking,Right.A topic for Tenn. high and East.Dude, if yall have trouble with East,id just give up on the rest of the season!LOL,It could be worse,you could be playing Virginia High.Wait a Min? :roflol:

They put up a better fight than most teams did against TN High last year in the first half.

If don't like the topic you don't have to waste your time reading it.

04' have you heard anything about the Patriots and their new coach? Who is their stand out player this year? They always have at least one standout.

Colobro was a successful coach at Gate City, but this isn't Gate City. The only player I have heard anything about is their runningback Austin Glover.

They only threw two or three passes last week so we'll see how it goes this week.

They put up a better fight than most teams did against TN High last year in the first half.

If don't like the topic you don't have to waste your time reading it.

CALM down,little buddy!!!Just thought it was funny.They got blowed out by CROCKETT,Yall will have a field day=42-6 :thumb:

Yeah, this is somewhat of a ho'hum game in my book. Tennessee High has way to much size, speed, coaching and . . . well, everything. I'll have to agree with Comp. Tenn. High needs to do some upgrading on the non-conference scheduling. I don't really see who benefits in playing this game?

Cap1 . . . Is this a big gate draw?? $$$$

Edited by The Hill

Yeah, this is somewhat of a ho'hum game in my book. Tennessee High has way to much size, speed, coaching and . . . well, everything. I'll have to agree with Comp. Tenn. High needs to do some upgrading on the non-conference scheduling. I don't really see who benefits in playing this game?

Cap1 . . . Is this a big gate draw?? $$$$

It’s all about personal preference. Some believe that by playing tough competition you improve on your teams level of skill. So believe that by playing (lets just say) not so tough competition you improve on your teams confidence. It really depends on if you win. I have to go against the grain by saying I think the program as a whole gains more from a good confidence boost (as long as the other team is competitive) than they do from a skilled spankin. Half the battle of being all you can be is in a kids mind… if you think you’re good you are much better off than if you aren’t sure. Plus you get the benefit of a larger following and more intense fan base if you win verses losing regardless of the competition. If a team can get on their horse early in the season then the chances are greater that the momentum will continue in post season. I’m just not sold on the whole “playing tougher competition makes you better†thing… I mean… look at SH and DB last year. For me it’s all about the preparation and match up. The argument will always be there but the record books only show Ls and Ws when it’s all said and done. ;)

To answer your question… both the East and the VA High game are always a better turnout than any other game during the season, with the exception of the DB and the South games despite being much smaller schools.

It’s all about personal preference. Some believe that by playing tough competition you improve on your teams level of skill. So believe that by playing (lets just say) not so tough competition you improve on your teams confidence. It really depends on if you win. I have to go against the grain by saying I think the program as a whole gains more from a good confidence boost (as long as the other team is competitive) than they do from a skilled spankin. Half the battle of being all you can be is in a kids mind… if you think you’re good you are much better off than if you aren’t sure. Plus you get the benefit of a larger following and more intense fan base if you win verses losing regardless of the competition. If a team can get on their horse early in the season then the chances are greater that the momentum will continue in post season. I’m just not sold on the whole “playing tougher competition makes you better†thing… I mean… look at SH and DB last year. For me it’s all about the preparation and match up. The argument will always be there but the record books only show Ls and Ws when it’s all said and done. ;)

To answer your question… both the East and the VA High game are always a better turnout than any other game during the season, with the exception of the DB and the South games despite being much smaller schools.

Your pulling our leg. Theres no way you could be this stupid. Hey why don't you start playing little league teams. When the playoffs come around you'd have so much confidence no body could stay on the field with you.:)