Regular Season Scores

feverpitch

West 3 Farragut 2

I really haven't understood why Far. and others have been ranked above West all season. West ended very strong last year, winning District going on to sub-state, beating Catholic, Farragut, and Bearden along the way. Lost only 3 Seniors. But I understand each year is a new year, but anyway, rankings are what they are but they mean a little bit more as the season progresses, and it all shakes out. West is hitting on all cylinders and looks like a much better team this year than last. Good game, tonight though, and Farragut plays tough and will still have to be dealt with in the District playoffs.

Bean,

Based on this result, I'd expect Knox West to move up next week. Congratulations to the girls on what I'm sure was a very interesting and exciting game.

West 3 Farragut 2

I really haven't understood why Far. and others have been ranked above West all season. West ended very strong last year, winning District going on to sub-state, beating Catholic, Farragut, and Bearden along the way. Lost only 3 Seniors. But I understand each year is a new year, but anyway, rankings are what they are but they mean a little bit more as the season progresses, and it all shakes out. West is hitting on all cylinders and looks like a much better team this year than last. Good game, tonight though, and Farragut plays tough and will still have to be dealt with in the District playoffs.

This year I’ve felt Farragut has been rated too high, but they kept winning games. The 2010 team is a bit different than prior years where they had started strong and faded fast in the end. In general, they are getting stronger as the year comes to an end, as it should be. Still, they act like the young team that they are and have been inconsistent throughout the year: impressive tie against Oakridge followed by an ugly tie with Catholic, an impressive win against Father Ryan, then several mediocre to decent performances until another impressive showing, albeit a loss, against Bearden. Prior to the West game it was clear they played up to/down to their opponent’s level, but still, they managed. Against West they did not play up to their level and you saw a year’s worth of Farragut deficiencies showcased all in one game: defending against set pieces, midfield play and no left foot. An unfortunate perfect storm for Farragut and credit West for taking advantage by playing to those weaknesses. But hey, this is a young team and should be up there in the mix of things over the next 2-3 years.

Playoffs will be real interesting. It’s unfortunate that Bearden (12-0-1), West (12-1-2), Catholic (11-1-2) and Farragut (11-2-2) are in same District. Two of these teams will be disappointed after next week.

Wow.

My favorite coach Turner quote from the paper:

"Catholic wanted it," Bearden coach Eric Turner said. "We came out (and) we had no passion. They won all the 50-50 balls, they were pulling shirts, they were grabbing, they were holding and we were just standing there - they played more like a Bearden team than we did."

"Catholic wanted it," Bearden coach Eric Turner said. "We came out (and) we had no passion. They won all the 50-50 balls, they were pulling shirts, they were grabbing, they were holding and we were just standing there - they played more like a Bearden team than we did."

:roflol:

That quote is hilarious. I wonder if he realizes what he said?!!

Announcements