Siegel vs Oakland

crazy_cowboy89

Not bitter at all - just love to heckle the chosen ones - or so you think. As for Oakburg - is that any better than the seagulls? Nope, but you'll call down a Siegel fan instead of one of your own. Thats why we all love to dog you Patty's - it's OK for us (Oakland) to do wrong but don't let us catch you. Agree to get back on the topic - what was it anyway? Oh yeah - I'll always pull for Siegel but you all have too many horses. We'll hang with you until your studs wear us down in the 3rd quarter. After that - Katty bar the door! Good luck and I hope no one is hurt on either side. I hope we can give you a game.

You're postings have been quite amusing Longgone. Apparently, the baby powder incident was just too much for you to handle. I thought it was priceless, and so what if it got on the floor. Clean it up and move on. From what I'm hearing right now, there's going to be a pretty classless t-shirt appearing tomorrow night at the football game...a poor attempt at humor from some Siegel students that may, in the end, have them crying instead of laughing.

Oakland 49 - Siegel 0

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bitter at all - just love to heckle the chosen ones - or so you think. As for Oakburg - is that any better than the seagulls? Nope, but you'll call down a Siegel fan instead of one of your own. Thats why we all love to dog you Patty's - it's OK for us (Oakland) to do wrong but don't let us catch you. Agree to get back on the topic - what was it anyway? Oh yeah - I'll always pull for Siegel but you all have too many horses. We'll hang with you until your studs wear us down in the 3rd quarter. After that - Katty bar the door! Good luck and I hope no one is hurt on either side. I hope we can give you a game.

The chosen ones? lol. I love my alma mater just as much as anyone, but just because they have a Oakland association doesnt mean I will be all buddy buddy, if there is a cheap shot or something amiss from one of our players, or from anybody from Oakland, ill def call em out on it and most regulars that have been here long know that much is true.

As for the game, I think Oakland's balance and depth rules the day. Siegel will hang around for awhile but 2nd half will be all Oakland, 35-7

Lot of garbage in this thread....don't think Siegel will win, predict an Oakland victory. BTW....anyone know why the school was named Siegal? Where did the name come from?

From the family that left the land to the county the school is built on.

This is going to be an interesting game. HC's from both school with similar style and game plan. I feel Oakland will win because Siegel has only a year under their belt in the weight room. Oakland's time in the weight room and conditioning will show in the second half.

Lot of garbage in this thread....don't think Siegel will win, predict an Oakland victory. BTW....anyone know why the school was named Siegal? Where did the name come from?

Its Oakland v. S I E G E L (not that hard to spell), and just like any rivalry its going to have some trash talking, and really wouldnt want it any other way. No different than any great rivalry in this district, mid-state, or state. Enjoy the home game tonight my patriot brethren, because after this one, they will be few and far in bewteen

You're postings have been quite amusing Longgone. Apparently, the baby powder incident was just too much for you to handle. I thought it was priceless, and so what if it got on the floor. Clean it up and move on. From what I'm hearing right now, there's going to be a pretty classless t-shirt appearing tomorrow night at the football game...a poor attempt at humor from some Siegel students that may, in the end, have them crying instead of laughing.

Oakland 49 - Siegel 0

You are the poster child for why I heckle the Pattys - you just don't get it do you. Powder on the floor - not just a little on one side but a full cloud that covered the gym and required the game to be delayed 20+ minutes - technical foul not called. Have you ever been in physics class? What happens to a hardwood floor when you put a layer of powder on it? Slick surface - same effect as a bowler putting talc on their shoes - used to make the player slide. Since basketball players need traction, this could cause knee and ankle issues for both teams. As for the T-shirts, I too heard this and have been told of what it will say - nothing classless about it and I'll be checking what my kids will be wearing. Only problem is Oakland wannabee's didn't think of it first so of course it is classless. Boo hoo...

You are the poster child for why I heckle the Pattys - you just don't get it do you. Powder on the floor - not just a little on one side but a full cloud that covered the gym and required the game to be delayed 20+ minutes - technical foul not called. Have you ever been in physics class? What happens to a hardwood floor when you put a layer of powder on it? Slick surface - same effect as a bowler putting talc on their shoes - used to make the player slide. Since basketball players need traction, this could cause knee and ankle issues for both teams. As for the T-shirts, I too heard this and have been told of what it will say - nothing classless about it and I'll be checking what my kids will be wearing. Only problem is Oakland wannabee's didn't think of it first so of course it is classless. Boo hoo...

Lil bit hypocritcal eh? If you got issue maybe you should take it up with the TSSAA, not the kids. You have no problem marking it off as all fun and games from a Siegel perspective, but when its done from a Oakland perspective, you like to condemn it just as much. My advice? Enjoy this for what it is: A rivalry that is fun for both sides that is played by kids in a sport that they love doing.

Its Oakland v. S I E G E L (not that hard to spell), and just like any rivalry its going to have some trash talking, and really wouldnt want it any other way. No different than any great rivalry in this district, mid-state, or state. Enjoy the home game tonight my patriot brethren, because after this one, they will be few and far in bewteen

Hey, from my end the comments are sharp but not ment to do anything other than to stir the pot. We all work and live together and I would not be afraid for my kids to go to the other schools and compete. That's what sports are about and just because we gig each other with what may appear to be verbal abuse, it doesn't mean that we don't like each other. The best rivalrys will be cherished - I was best man to my high schools biggest rivals QB! And to the Patriot fans - have fun, and good luck. If Siegel can't bring home the gold ball they please let it be one of the Murfreesboro schools.

Hey, from my end the comments are sharp but not ment to do anything other than to stir the pot. We all work and live together and I would not be afraid for my kids to go to the other schools and compete. That's what sports are about and just because we gig each other with what may appear to be verbal abuse, it doesn't mean that we don't like each other. The best rivalrys will be cherished - I was best man to my high schools biggest rivals QB! And to the Patriot fans - have fun, and good luck. If Siegel can't bring home the gold ball they please let it be one of the Murfreesboro schools.

Ditto. Nice to have a Siegel presence on the boards again...............

Lil bit hypocritcal eh? If you got issue maybe you should take it up with the TSSAA, not the kids. You have no problem marking it off as all fun and games from a Siegel perspective, but when its done from a Oakland perspective, you like to condemn it just as much. My advice? Enjoy this for what it is: A rivalry that is fun for both sides that is played by kids in a sport that they love doing.

For the record - I don't agree with the painting on the softball complex nor the powder either. I too thought give Oakland an "A" for ingenuity but a "F" for what the outcome would be. Come on - if you were there you would know what I'm talking about - the cloud was so thick you couldn't see. Good thought but as with all pranks - don't go overboard with it. As for the softball painting - "F" on both. Involve the TSSAA? Are you nuts - they control too much anyway! The kids were the ones that came up with this so yes, be critical and hold them (BOTH) accountable. The Siegel painters should have had to re-paint what they destroyed. And I am enjoying this and thanks for being a worthy opponent on this board. :thumb:

For the record - I don't agree with the painting on the softball complex nor the powder either. I too thought give Oakland an "A" for ingenuity but a "F" for what the outcome would be. Come on - if you were there you would know what I'm talking about - the cloud was so thick you couldn't see. Good thought but as with all pranks - don't go overboard with it. As for the softball painting - "F" on both. Involve the TSSAA? Are you nuts - they control too much anyway! The kids were the ones that came up with this so yes, be critical and hold them (BOTH) accountable. The Siegel painters should have had to re-paint what they destroyed. And I am enjoying this and thanks for being a worthy opponent on this board. :thumb:

Fortunately for me, I concern myself more for the game itself. I try to keep it in perspective, and while it is unfortunate that vandalism occurs, it comes with the territory. As for being a worthwhile opponent, I just try to be a objective and a worthwhile ambassador to my great alma mater :mrgreen:

No one should deface or damage the other schools property. Most of the rest is just good fun. As for the powder in the gym - well let's file that one under the law of unintended consequences. I know the young lady who brought the powder that night. Her intention was to emulate a famous NBA player's ritual, (maybe LeBron James?), who powders his hands before the game and then claps them, creating a minor cloud. None of the OHS students had any idea it would create HUGE cloud and delay the game. Oh well, live and learn! I think when they figured out how much it upset the Siegel fans,they enjoyed it even more. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my prediction for tonight: PAIN!

Edited by patsprez