Oneida @ Wartburg

crow

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great opportunity for the Indians.

Wartburg will be improved over last year and they play hard anyways. The fought tooth and nail last year till the very end. It's a region game in the 2A bracket and a road game to boot!

The good news is that Wartburg isnt that far away. The Indians have all played against this team at their stadium at one point or another. And Wartburg should be about as talented as DeKalb Co, maybe a shade less, here and there.

It's definately a winnable game but the Indians will have to earn it. I still go with what Emitt Smith's running back coach taught him. The football is THE most important THING on the football field. I think the Indians will play much better, can't stay inexperienced all season.

Edited by SmashMouth

This is a great opportunity for the Indians.

Wartburg will be improved over last year and they play hard anyways. The fought tooth and nail last year till the very end. It's a region game in the 2A bracket and a road game to boot!

The good news is that Wartburg isnt that far away. The Indians have all played against this team at their stadium at one point or another. And Wartburg should be about as talented as DeKalb Co, maybe a shade less, here and there.

It's definately a winnable game but the Indians will have to earn it. I still go with what Emitt Smith's running back coach taught him. The football is THE most important THING on the football field. I think the Indians will play much better, can't stay inexperienced all season.

I agree this will be a game to remember, A hungry Indians team who always plays hard, And a fired up Dawgs team! One thing I like about this Wartburg team is the disipline they have. The coaches have Pride in this team and the players as well I think this game has to have four hard fought quarters,and in the end Wartburg gets the win, In a hard fought battle! My prayer is both teams walk off the field healthy and happy of there efforts!

Appreciate the show of support, Butchie. The first game proved we wouldn't quit and the second one proved even the best of teams can't overcome mistakes. Now we are 0 - 2 and some people must be smelling blood in the water. Wartburg is on the other end of the spectrum at 2 - 0, and I'd suspect their fan base feels pretty good about their team. If all things are equal....I'm going with the wounded animal, Oneida. I'm gonna go 24 to 14....!

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb:

Appreciate the show of support, Butchie. The first game proved we wouldn't quit and the second one proved even the best of teams can't overcome mistakes. Now we are 0 - 2 and some people must be smelling blood in the water. Wartburg is on the other end of the spectrum at 2 - 0, and I'd suspect their fan base feels pretty good about their team. If all things are equal....I'm going with the wounded animal, Oneida. I'm gonna go 24 to 14....!

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb:

I agree Kaz, overall the effort is 100%. Offense is awesome. Defense is very good. The Tribe is in great shape and doesn't quit. Loose the mistakes and the Indians will be very hard to deal with!

Also want to tell Coach Brew and his coaching crew to keep working hard....it will pay off down the road. I was interested in his comments in the paper....he spoke of the need to be patient with his kids - that they were young - great effort they give. You know in this day and age, he could have berated the mistakes or singled out disappointing aspects of the game....but he instead choose to recognize they were growing as a team. Some people don't always appreciate it is so hard to coach and you always walk a fine line in the things you say. He spoke very well of his kids, and there was probably a kid or two he wanted to jump on..... but he didn't! All the coaches are that way, IMO. Hats off to the staff...you aren't going unnoticed.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

Also want to tell Coach Brew and his coaching crew to keep working hard....it will pay off down the road. I was interested in his comments in the paper....he spoke of the need to be patient with his kids - that they were young - great effort they give. You know in this day and age, he could have berated the mistakes or singled out disappointing aspects of the game....but he instead choose to recognize they were growing as a team. Some people don't always appreciate it is so hard to coach and you always walk a fine line in the things you say. He spoke very well of his kids, and there was probably a kid or two he wanted to jump on..... but he didn't! All the coaches are that way, IMO. Hats off to the staff...you aren't going unnoticed.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

Awesome post Kaz. No one wants to win more than the boys out on the field. The coaches and team know what time it is. The film doesn't lie. Coach Brewster is a good example for me. I'm gonna try to make sure I keep my all my posts on the positive side of things. Even just in my conversations, talking about football. Our entire coaching staff is excellent, no doubt!

Well, one thing that might be noted here is that so far Wartburg has done pretty well in the turnover department, and as a lot of folks know this could be a deciding factor in a close game. Hopefully the dogs won't come down with fumblitis this week.

If you guys are gonna catch fumblitis for at least one day....I hope it's tonight :rolleyes: Everyone be safe driving up!