Riverdale at Lavergne

TDCman

If I remember right o4 went 8-1 they lost their opener to Smyrna on the last play of the game and then won the rest including winning the lions bowl in Tullahoma! :thumb:

Smyrna had also already played 2 games that year prior while it was Riverdale's opener that night. Got to give Sonny Grey his props though, he played a heckuva game that night after losing his father that week and dodged so many tackles that final play.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...the team that lost in the semi finals last year as freshman might have won 1 or 2 games so the freshman teams dont hold much water...

Your making my point and thank you, what I am saying is that there were players from that squad that you could see would have an impact as juniors and seniors. :popcorneater:

While I agree about bragging on Freshmen football, I do believe it gives you some insight to what is comming down the road. What would be intresting to know is how your Freshmen teams four years before the good varsity years. :popcorneater:

I dont know about that. Smyrna's 08 freshman team won it all in pretty convincing fashion. I don't think will translate into a state championship next year. Just means those players were well ahead of the rest. So much time has passed. I think it all evens out over the years. Coaching has a lot to do with also.

BTW riverdaleman, I saw you on West Main St. today crossing over the rail road tracks while I was on my way to work. I'm sure you will be at the Middle game on Thursday? Maybe I can catch up with you there, its been a while.

if i can get tickets i will be there however i have to officiate first so i will be a little late if i end up making it IF i do i will send u a message...nevermind ive lost all my contacts so text me thurs and i will let you know where i will be

did u see me before or after i took all that wood to the dump? If it was before you should have stopped nad helped me unload my truck LOL just kidding

RIVERDALE wins this game 28-0

Edited by riverdaleman

Smyrna had also already played 2 games that year prior while it was Riverdale's opener that night. Got to give Sonny Grey his props though, he played a heckuva game that night after losing his father that week and dodged so many tackles that final play.

You are right on the money about Sonny Gray, tdntn.

Great to see you on here posting. You have been missed. Hoping that the college life is great for you. Tell your big brother "Hello" for me. You two made the T alot of fun.

Edited by 2priceless