Stewart @ Cheatham

howdoitknow

PICK A WINNER  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Stewart County Rebels
    • Cheatham County Cubs

This week is the first week of district games and in Ashland City on Friday night the Stewart County Rebels (1-0) will visit the Cheatham County Cubs (1-1). For more information regarding this week's matchup you can check out the Weekly Game Notes which have been uploaded on the Cheatham Cubs Football Fan Page.

Stewart County overwhelmed Cheatham County in last season's matchup as they cruised to an easy 41-0 victory in which their defense held the Cubs offense to -4 total yards the entire night.

This contest is one of three opening games for six teams around District 11-AA this week. The other matchups include Harpeth hosting Camden Central & Waverly Central hosting Creek Wood. Montgomery Central is out of the district this week and will square off against West Creek.

This matchup can be heard LIVE on Friday night by visiting the Cubs Fan Page (link posted above). The pregame show will start at 7:10 p.m. and kickoff will follow at 7:30 p.m. If you are making the trip to Ashland City this week and want to listen to the game on the way or in the stadium then your radio dial will be WQSV AM790.

Stewart County wins if they don't make silly mistakes. Cheatham is big but Stewart Co is more physical and better conditioned. I like the Rebels in a hard fought physical game.

your right about that jack CC was real big last year they had that big number 78 and we hit him in the mouth and he didnt want anymore and its gonna be the same again this year too because we are just way too physical for CC to handle.......time to show them once again what SC football is all about

Cheatham defeated Stewart tonight by a score of 46-21. The win marked the second game in a row in which the Cubs scored more than 40 points. This was also the second consecutive game in which the Cubs starting backfield duo of Montgomery & Potts both went for more than 100 yards. Devin Conner tossed 3 touchdown passes in his third start at quarterback. The Cubs defense forced 6 turnovers tonight including interceptions by Paul Farmer (2), Josh Weaks, and Dakota White (who returned his INT for a touchdown). The win was a very solid performance against a team in Stewart Co. that has made the TSSAA State Playoffs each of the last three years.

Cheatham now must turn their attention to next week's in-county clash with Sycamore. It should be another classic battle between these two arch rivals.