Farragut v. Catholic

STARPOWER2

Cowboyup it was a parent I even know who the player was. I have been around alot longer then 3 or 4 years like yourself lets say 30 years. I even know alot of players have quit because of him to. The one thing I have read good about all your post and you just started this year was Our players need to step up and be motivated . Old school these kids couldn't make it 5 or 10 years ago they would all quit.

Wildthing, The coach you keep referencing is the closest thing we have to old school football and his ways motivate "most". The players respond to him better than any on the staff, he's a players coach. He pushes them, challenges, and could stand to clean up his language some, but he's effective. Parents don't always get all the "facts", just what their son's want them to know. Thanks for referencing how long you've been around, that makes two of us. I've been reading these posts a few years and felt like it was time to share my perspective and respond to a couple nay sayers that berate and put down the players on a regular basis. Doesn't look like you've been on here too long yourself from the post date I saw. You're right about kids not being about to make it if we treated them like we did 10 years ago. That's for most kids not just Farragut.

The bottomline line on this team is simple.

1. The players need to step up and play motivated, inspired football.

2. The coaches need to adapt to the players they have and adjust the schemes around them.

3. Changes need to happen from players in wrong positions, play calling, putting best players on the field, etc.

4. Whether you call it leadership from players to coaches being more enthusiastic. Bottomline the morale of the team is not where it needs to be. Football is an emotional game, there has to excitement and belief.

So it's not just the players or just the coaches.... both are out of sync. If not fixed, it will be a long year. The talent is there... not executing.

I believe they can have a successful year... but change has to happen soon!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL it is no secret I can't believe you don't know who my team is if I am so negative. Does that help you out or do you need more.

I just figured one of 3 things must have happened to you to make you such a "hater".

1. You wanted to coach at Farragut and Courtney said "NO"!

2. You went to Farragut and weren't good enough to play and rode the pine.

3. You sent your kid to Farragut and he didn't play as much you thought he should or where you wanted him.

One of the Three....

Can't be Bearden, you would have been watching the Devrin Young show again last week. They are the only school that hates Farragut as much as you do. :thumb:

Farragut has given up 2 TDs (14 points) in the last Qtr in all 3 of their games (42 points).

In the first 3 Qtrs combined only 4 TDs total (28 points). Is the defense worn out or what?

Absolutely. Untimely three and outs by the offense have often kept the defense on the field unnecessarily.

At the same time, I’m not sure this defense has successfully defended a crossing route the entire season, and they are going to see a lot more of them in the future.

We finally saw a little more cover 2 against Catholic, but I don’t think it was particularly effective. On Catholics first TD, Urevick had no over the top help against the post route.

I just figured one of 3 things must have happened to you to make you such a "hater".

1. You wanted to coach at Farragut and Courtney said "NO"!

2. You went to Farragut and weren't good enough to play and rode the pine.

3. You sent your kid to Farragut and he didn't play as much you thought he should or where you wanted him.

One of the Three....

Can't be Bearden, you would have been watching the Devrin Young show again last week. They are the only school that hates Farragut as much as you do. :thumb:

I am glad you findly found my team and no didn't want coach,did play and a three year starter,and no my kid is not old enough yet. I just like making people like you mad and in about another year you will be gone off Farragut post when your kid is gone just like the rest that get on Farragut post and run there mouth like you.

Edited by allvolfan1

Wildthing, The coach you keep referencing is the closest thing we have to old school football and his ways motivate "most". The players respond to him better than any on the staff, he's a players coach. He pushes them, challenges, and could stand to clean up his language some, but he's effective. Parents don't always get all the "facts", just what their son's want them to know. Thanks for referencing how long you've been around, that makes two of us. I've been reading these posts a few years and felt like it was time to share my perspective and respond to a couple nay sayers that berate and put down the players on a regular basis. Doesn't look like you've been on here too long yourself from the post date I saw. You're right about kids not being about to make it if we treated them like we did 10 years ago. That's for most kids not just Farragut.

The bottomline line on this team is simple.

1. The players need to step up and play motivated, inspired football.

2. The coaches need to adapt to the players they have and adjust the schemes around them.

3. Changes need to happen from players in wrong positions, play calling, putting best players on the field, etc.

4. Whether you call it leadership from players to coaches being more enthusiastic. Bottomline the morale of the team is not where it needs to be. Football is an emotional game, there has to excitement and belief.

So it's not just the players or just the coaches.... both are out of sync. If not fixed, it will be a long year. The talent is there... not executing.

I believe they can have a successful year... but change has to happen soon!

could stand to clean up his language some This is what got him in trouble and if you were around last spring that is why he could not coach in the spring and finish weight training. No one wants to be talked like that and they shouldn't have to either. I played at Farragut and got my butt ate out min times but not like he does with the cousing no place for that. I am as old school as it gets.

I completely agree with the players needed to be fired up. I can use the same examples I used in my last post... I've seen it plenty of times. Mostly in playoff games. A lot of times once we go down 14 or 21, no matter how much time is left, it seems like everyone.. players and coaches both, seem to, I don't want to say give up because I know they don't.. at least not really, but it seems like they realize they don't have a shot, and the game isn't even fun to watch after that. Like I said, I don't want to say they give up, because I know the coaches and players work hard all offseason and all game, but it seems like they'll just slack off more. I don't really know a nice way to put it. And it seems like the team comes out flat to start games and it takes a qtr or half to get into it...

And I'm not sure how much help I am going to be this year. having graduated in '07, I can't say I know too many players on the team. Plus, being in Idaho right now, go Boise State! Who said they had no chance against Va Tech?.. anyways, being 2100 miles away, I'm not sure how much help I'm gonna be. All I have to go on is watching the replays on the Farragut website, and text updates from games.. sorry? actually, I'm sure most of you will be glad I won't be on here as much, mostly because I'm negative, and ramble on, like right now.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz