RHEA COUNTY vs. DEVRIN YOUNG (BEARDEN)

EaglePride1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RheaCo, how about some info on the rest of Bearden? We've heard quite a bit on Mr Young, how about the rest of 'em?

Sure, here you go.

Bearden returns four offensive starters and five defensive starters. This is a very senior heavy team. Bearden will be in a spread offense like they were last year. They like getting in the pistol, spread, and split backs. They have added a wildcat or in this case wild dog package for Devrin Young. They will be in a 4-4 defense. On special teams they really like to bring pressure on the block and they score a lot of points on special teams.

Looking at the QB for Bearden, Kyle Riemer #9 (Sr 5’9 154 QB/DB) He is not very big, but he plays big. He is very smart, strong arm, and pretty accurate in the passing game. He is pretty mobile but he will look to throw the ball more than just tucking and running it. However they really don’t throw the ball around too much. He has a lot of good targets to throw to and as mentioned before he has Devrin Young #33 (Sr 5’9 165 RB/CB) in the backfield. What else can be said about Devrin Young that hasn’t already been said? Young is way better than what we seen last year. I’m kind of surprised that he doesn’t have more scholarship offers than he does. Young’s back up is Josh Haney #23 (Jr 5’8 177 RB/DB). Haney has shown to be a pretty good running back himself. He is built a lot like Young and he has some speed to burn also. Joining Young in the back field is the same fullback that Bearden had last year. Peyton Landers #21 (Sr 6’1 193 RB/LB). Landers is a hard nosed fullback who is really good at getting in the hole and making a path for Young. He runs the ball hard and doesn’t shy away from contact. Also Jerron Brown #35 (Sr 5’11 210 RB/LB) will also rotate in at fullback. Starting at receiver for Bearden is Stefon Stephens #1 (Sr 5’11 157 WR/DB), Tyler Callaway #3 (Sr 5’11 173 WR/DB), and Drew Williamson #42 (Sr 6’2 205 WR/TE/LB). Stephens is a very solid receiver who finds ways to get open. He has good agility, hands, and speed. Callaway returns as a receiver this year. He is a lot like Stephens good receiver with very good hands and sees the field very well. Williamson is a big receiver who has great hands and is pretty fast after the catch. The O-line is not outstanding but they are decent. The projected starters for Friday Jalyn Stewart #56 (Sr 5’11 258 OL/DL), Tyler Epperson #66 (Sr 5’11 211 OL/DE), Harry Patty #71 (Sr 6’1 289 OL/DT), Zack Wells #74 (Sr 6’2 249 OL/DT), and Ryan Cantley #77 (Sr 5’11 221 OL/DT).

Bearden defensively has one of the best linebacking corps I have seen in a while. Starting at linebacker is Drew Williamson, Peyton Landers, Jerron Brown, Logan Candela #88 (Sr 5’11 185 LB/WR). All four of these guys are outstanding linebackers and when they hit the ball carrier, they try to destroy them. Especially watching the Jefferson Co film they are bring it every play and trying to knock the ball carrier out. They blitz a lot and they do a pretty good job in pass coverage. The defensive line is pretty big in the middle and quick off the ends. Starting at defensive tackle Chris Jackson #50 (Sr 5’10 349 DL/OL) and Zack Wells #74. They are both big boys who fill up the middle and a so far a no one has had much success running up the middle on them. Ryan Cantley #77 and Gage Webb #76 (So 6’1 247 DL/OL) will rotate in some at defensive tackle also. The defensive end positions will be filled by Kasey Tyler #8 (Jr 6’1 192 DE/QB) and Cory Crabtree #17 (Sr 6’2 216 DE/QB) Bearden’s secondary is very impressive. They play a lot of man coverage and play the run pretty well. Starting for Bearden in the secondary is Stefon Stephens #1, Samuel Manuel #18 (Sr 6’1 158 S/TE), Josh Haney #23. Stephens defensively is a great DB he has a great back pedal and breaks out of it with good speed. Haney is good in coverage and has good vision. Devrin will also come in and play some at corner or at safety.

Special teams wise Ben Sisco #90 (Sr 5’11 159 K/P) will be handling the kick duties. I think Sisco is a better kicker than punter. Some of his punts have not been pretty but they do seem to get the job done. Returners for Bearden are Young, Callaway, and Haney.

Some keys for Friday

Special teams will play a big role in the game. Keeping the ball away from the deep returners will be key. Young, Callaway, and Haney all can take it to the house. If we can limit their touch on special teams, it will help out a lot. Defensively making tackles and containing will be the biggest factor to how this game will turn out. This team is very good at breaking tackles, so when we get a hold of them hang on or drive them into the ground. Also getting pressure on the QB will be important when he throws the ball. Offensively the O-line will have to be solid this week. Bearden will blitz a lot so picking up the blitz will be big. Hopefully this week we can get some officials who will let our receivers block and not call holding every time they are blocking. The running backs are going to have to step up and provide protection on the blitz. Cam is going to have to be cool under fire. I think Bearden will get a lot of pressure on Cam, so Cam has to be cool and make plays. The way Bearden plays coverage I think are receivers could have a good night. We are going to have to make the most of our chances, on both side of the ball creating turnovers and scoring will be at a premium.

This game is going to be very physical and a game where both teams could be pretty beat up afterwards.

Edited by Rhea Co.

worst post in this entire thread.

I have seen both of these teams play this year and there is no doubt in my mind that it will not be a close ballgame at all. I have a non bias opinion and a Catholic fan, so there would be no reason for me to hate on Rhea Co. If anything I would want Bearden to lose but that will not happen Friday night.

Edited by HappyHour22

I have seen both of these teams play this year and there is no doubt in my mind that it will not be a close ballgame at all. I have a non bias opinion and a Catholic fan, so there would be no reason for me to hate on Rhea Co. If anything I would want Bearden to lose but that will not happen Friday night.

Picking the Eagles for the upset of the year!!!!!!!!!!

I was being sarcastic. Chances of us playing a close game against Bearden aren't great, but I'm sure we'll bring a good crowd and I'm looking forward to it.

I was being sarcastic. Chances of us playing a close game against Bearden aren't great, but I'm sure we'll bring a good crowd and I'm looking forward to it.

I have to hang with the E-ville gang again. I'm an optimist. They've improved each game and I still don't think we've seen the best they got to offer up yet. But it's coming.

Play hard and play safe Friday, boys! Good luck, Eagles!

Mr. Young couldn't have accomplished anything without a "decent" line. Mr. Sackett and group have done an awfully good job so far this season and expect that they will do the same this Friday night at Rhea.

Well spoken. But Friday night Mr. Sackett and company will enter the field against a group of wild eyed southern boys that we call down here The Eagles. They may not be the biggest or the meanest but they are loaded with heart and determination. You may beat us and you may not. But at the end of the night you can say without a shadow of a doubt, man that was a battle. So, you pack of Eagles have nothing to lose and all to gain. Give it all you got and don't back down. I will be in the stands with the rest of the Rhea County faithful cheering you on. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Well spoken. But Friday night Mr. Sackett and company will enter the field against a group of wild eyed southern boys that we call down here The Eagles. They may not be the biggest or the meanest but they are loaded with heart and determination. You may beat us and you may not. But at the end of the night you can say without a shadow of a doubt, man that was a battle. So, you pack of Eagles have nothing to lose and all to gain. Give it all you got and don't back down. I will be in the stands with the rest of the Rhea County faithful cheering you on. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Good post.

Looking forward to Friday and it's almost here.