RHEA COUNTY vs. DEVRIN YOUNG (BEARDEN)

EaglePride1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in my 1st post, I was just going to keep it "simple" and Bearden by 21. I will give your defense credit for keeping Devrin pinned up and only letting him score 2 TD's. But, your boys definatly didn't live up to all the smack you guys talked all week, here.

Smack? Hardly.

Edited by RustyShackleford

I am glad we held Mr Young to only two TDs, both in the second half. That's one thing that hadn't been done this year. That is probably the high point of the night. Congrats Mr Young, you are a pretty good RB.

As for the Green, the boys played really hard. I question some of our decisions, but that's a normal occurrence for all of us. Why do we run a QB draw on 3rd and 20+ inside our own 20? Why do we consistently run the ball up the middle when Bearden shut it down time and time again? Now I realize you guys are going to be critical of my comments, but like the name says, I'm speaking for the unsilent majority. Our OC needs to broaden his playbook, maybe even finish his college education. I mean, we all know he's not a graduate, but only a certificate holder who monitors the in-school suspension children or "teaches" a freshman-level career management class all day long.

I'll leave the RC faithful with this: Time and time again, I've sat in the stands and watched this in disgust. After every game, one of our coaches never goes to the huddle. He puts his headset down, and waddles his way to the fieldhouse. Doesn't that strike you as odd? That he doesn't even go out to the huddle or anything? I would hope that he would have enough pride to go out and support his boys whether we won the state or went 0-10. But that's just my opinion.

Typical game for Rhea County over the past couple of seasons. Play tough early, hit a little adversity, get out coached, give up in the end. Offensively, I have no idea what we're trying to do. For the majority of Cameron's time as the OC, when we've found something that works we typically run it to death. This season, we've moved the ball consistently through the air yet we just won't commit to being a passing team. Blows my mind. One of the worst offensive coaching performances I've seen in a while.

Congrats to the front seven of our defense for playing a good first half. Our secondary looks absolutely lost (not necessarily the players faults). Young is a good high school running back, but, after two seasons of watching him, I've not seen any performance worthy of the all-world status he has.

Boys played hard. We concentrated on Young alot in the first half, and in my opinion, we gave him so much respect that we left that receiver wide open for those first 2 td's. i think we played good. we drove that ball, just didnt finish, and our D held Young to a performance that noone else has. better game then the scoreboard showed.

I am glad we held Mr Young to only two TDs, both in the second half. That's one thing that hadn't been done this year. That is probably the high point of the night. Congrats Mr Young, you are a pretty good RB.

As for the Green, the boys played really hard. I question some of our decisions, but that's a normal occurrence for all of us. Why do we run a QB draw on 3rd and 20+ inside our own 20? Why do we consistently run the ball up the middle when Bearden shut it down time and time again? Now I realize you guys are going to be critical of my comments, but like the name says, I'm speaking for the unsilent majority. Our OC needs to broaden his playbook, maybe even finish his college education. I mean, we all know he's not a graduate, but only a certificate holder who monitors the in-school suspension children or "teaches" a freshman-level career management class all day long.

I'll leave the RC faithful with this: Time and time again, I've sat in the stands and watched this in disgust. After every game, one of our coaches never goes to the huddle. He puts his headset down, and waddles his way to the fieldhouse. Doesn't that strike you as odd? That he doesn't even go out to the huddle or anything? I would hope that he would have enough pride to go out and support his boys whether we won the state or went 0-10. But that's just my opinion.

I will be the first to jump in here.Guy's hats off you all played good tonight.Cannot believe how in my eyes and several others how the coaching stopped in the 2nd half. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! If you have no more faith in yourselves than that walk away from the game. I am sorry I am not one for bashing the coach's but that was a total let down.

Typical game for Rhea County over the past couple of seasons. Play tough early, hit a little adversity, get out coached, give up in the end. Offensively, I have no idea what we're trying to do. For the majority of Cameron's time as the OC, when we've found something that works we typically run it to death. This season, we've moved the ball consistently through the air yet we just won't commit to being a passing team. Blows my mind. One of the worst offensive coaching performances I've seen in a while.

Congrats to the front seven of our defense for playing a good first half. Our secondary looks absolutely lost (not necessarily the players faults). Young is a good high school running back, but, after two seasons of watching him, I've not seen any performance worthy of the all-world status he has.

I have been around for along time and it seems to get worse game by game. But this one takes it all. Don't get me wrong. I don't know if we win or not, but when you have recievers that are getting open WHY do you keep trying to run the ball when it's not morking? And the 4th qt was a slap in the face to our players.

Ok here we go. May say some things that tick people off, but oh well. If you sat in my 1/3 of the stadium I will be your voice. First half I thought was played good. But the second half I don't think all the coach's came back out. Players played good tonight. Yea they made some mistakes but tell me someone that has ever played the game that went mistake free. Coach's same for you. You going to make them it's part of the game. But to just give up and not try don't get it. And don't say you didn't because you did. Either that or you don't know what you are doing. This is how I see it. Fitz is going to have to make some changes on the staff or the administration is going to have to make them. Plain and simple they fired the softball coach for what ever reason the baseball coach for what ever reason etc. If not I will agree with alot of others. It is politics and it will never change. That would be sad. A county that was once high on high school football is slowly fading away. And that is a shame.

As far as the offense goes, the information I have received is that Coach Cameron didn't have much faith in our defense tonight (who could blame him?) and decided to keep it vanilla in order to save his more innovative schemes for games in which we have a greater chance of winning.

Glad I could clear that up for you guys. Go Eagles! :thumb:

Ok here we go. May say some things that tick people off, but oh well. If you sat in my 1/3 of the stadium I will be your voice. First half I thought was played good. But the second half I don't think all the coach's came back out. Players played good tonight. Yea they made some mistakes but tell me someone that has ever played the game that went mistake free. Coach's same for you. You going to make them it's part of the game. But to just give up and not try don't get it. And don't say you didn't because you did. Either that or you don't know what you are doing. This is how I see it. Fitz is going to have to make some changes on the staff or the administration is going to have to make them. Plain and simple they fired the softball coach for what ever reason the baseball coach for what ever reason etc. If not I will agree with alot of others. It is politics and it will never change. That would be sad. A county that was once high on high school football is slowly fading away. And that is a shame.

Bearden's #42 was a treat to watch tonight. I've coached for a bit now, and what a player!