RHEA COUNTY vs. DEVRIN YOUNG (BEARDEN)

EaglePride1

I dont know where these guys get that he doesnt have a Stanford offer. You and I know the family better than anyone and no one has said he doesnt have a Stanford offer. Looks like WKU is going to offer him. They called this morning and said they are very interested and want him to come to a game next week against Indiana....he is talking to several schools...and he will get more offers...

he told the WKU coach that Rhea County "contained " him somewhat and he told his stats.....the coach got a chuckle out of that............

he has rushed the ball only 35 times and has 1764 yards and 13tds.......he has touched the ball only 44 times and has 1116 APY yards and 18 tds.......

Los, I don't know if you know them better than me? But, I know Dev's Momma likes you better than me...LOL

Keep up the good work!!!!

Edited by Kidstaxi

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, prayers to Tyler and his family. Thanks Rhea Co. for putting things in perspective. We got out of last night's fiasco with no major injuries except maybe to our pride.

Wonder why we schedule games with teams like WC (too far of a drive), Knox Catholic and Bearden when we know we're going to get beat?

Yes please pray for Tyler and his family. I know he is going to get an MRI to get a better picture of how bad it is. Tyler was really starting to turn it on in practice and in the games.

I can kind of give a reason on the schedule. When this schedule was made we were coming off one of the best years we had. So teams didn't want to or were hesitant to schedule us. So Fitz had to schedule anybody that wasn't afraid to play us. It was really tough getting teams to play us. Now this year, I hope teams are more willing to play us and we can get teams like Red Bank, Chatt Central, Hixson, White Co.,and Cumberland. We could play somebody that is different too. Then again I wouldn't mind keeping Warren Co. on the schedule.

Edited by Rhea Co.

This is my first post on here ever. I have read the posts on here for a few years and get pretty sick of some of the same stuff that is said every time we lose a game. Let me say first of all, Im not a coach, Im not a player parent, and Im not related to anyone on the team or coaching staff. I am a former player that played 20 years ago under the great Bill Horton, Brad Payne, Tim Hammontree, Tommy Mitchell, Jerry Levengood,and a few others. This was definitely a great coaching staff and we had a great environment and tremendous fan support back then. We also had bigger, faster, stronger players too. I wont argue that our program is nowhere near what it was or what it should be currently. I will argue that all the blame should not be put on one coach or even a couple of coaches. I promise u all that these coaches want to win more than anyone sitting in the stands and put hours of work in each week to prepare for each game. There is no sense in downing coaches for being overweight or bringing up their education qualifications. This is not gonna help the team or program one bit. If it bothers you that much about our offensive coordinator then be a man and go up to him and tell him about it instead of being a coward and posting it on the computer. This particular coach cares a whole lot more about his players than anyone even knows. For example, I know he has took money out of his own pocket, which he really doesnt have to spend, and has bought kids clothes and food because they didnt have any money for these neccesities. So before u make harsh comments about someone, know all of your facts first. Do i agree with every play call or decision is made by the coaches? Of course not. I will continue to support them and the team and stay positive for the team. I would love to see the big green and gold be successful just as much as anyone. So all i got to say is keep working hard Eagles and hang your head high and lets go get the bears this Friday. GOOD LUCK the rest of the year. thanks.

This is my first post on here ever. I have read the posts on here for a few years and get pretty sick of some of the same stuff that is said every time we lose a game. Let me say first of all, Im not a coach, Im not a player parent, and Im not related to anyone on the team or coaching staff. I am a former player that played 20 years ago under the great Bill Horton, Brad Payne, Tim Hammontree, Tommy Mitchell, Jerry Levengood,and a few others. This was definitely a great coaching staff and we had a great environment and tremendous fan support back then. We also had bigger, faster, stronger players too. I wont argue that our program is nowhere near what it was or what it should be currently. I will argue that all the blame should not be put on one coach or even a couple of coaches. I promise u all that these coaches want to win more than anyone sitting in the stands and put hours of work in each week to prepare for each game. There is no sense in downing coaches for being overweight or bringing up their education qualifications. This is not gonna help the team or program one bit. If it bothers you that much about our offensive coordinator then be a man and go up to him and tell him about it instead of being a coward and posting it on the computer. This particular coach cares a whole lot more about his players than anyone even knows. For example, I know he has took money out of his own pocket, which he really doesnt have to spend, and has bought kids clothes and food because they didnt have any money for these neccesities. So before u make harsh comments about someone, know all of your facts first. Do i agree with every play call or decision is made by the coaches? Of course not. I will continue to support them and the team and stay positive for the team. I would love to see the big green and gold be successful just as much as anyone. So all i got to say is keep working hard Eagles and hang your head high and lets go get the bears this Friday. GOOD LUCK the rest of the year. thanks.

I also came from your era of Rhea Football. Like you I don't have a player out there and I am not related to any coach.From reading your post you don't come to many games. If so you would share your frustration from time to time. Unless you are in the administration level. I for one don't show any disgrace to any coach. But when it comes to those kids not giving the chance to make plays then that bothers me. You have players like #6, 2, 8, 84, 9 and 7 that can make plays. So if you can't run it throw it until you can.

I also came from your era of Rhea Football. Like you I don't have a player out there and I am not related to any coach.From reading your post you don't come to many games. If so you would share your frustration from time to time. Unless you are in the administration level. I for one don't show any disgrace to any coach. But when it comes to those kids not giving the chance to make plays then that bothers me. You have players like #6, 2, 8, 84, 9 and 7 that can make plays. So if you can't run it throw it until you can.

I dont even work for the school system. I am self-employed and work from my house. I go to all Rhea County games. Its ok to share your frustrations, no problem with that at all. Just thought some of the comments made about a coach were completely tasteless and was not needed. I thought I made it clear in my previous post that I dont agree with every play call or even other decisions concerning the whole program. Anyways, I will continue to support the Eagles no matter what comments made. I just thought it was appropriate to share a little about what I know the coaches do and how they feel about losing also. Trust me when I say they want to win more than anyone in the stands and they get very frustrated when they lose also. Good Luck this week Eagles against the Bears. PLAY HARD WITH ALOT OF HEART BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just pointing out some clear observations and common knowledge regarding various things. You can call it tasteless, uncalled for, whatever you want. I'm just pointing out facts.

Do I doubt the coaching staff's will to win? No. What coach in their right mind goes to the practice field, film room, or game field without the will to win? The coaches want to win, no question. Are they the best people for the job? That's another question which I'll let everyone formulate their own opinion on. IMO, RC needs a coach that has no ties whatsoever locally who can come in, gut the program, and be as far away from the politics as possible.

If for some reason, Fitz and Co. were to disappear, AND RC decided to hire a coach that had RC ties, the old ball coach from SBA has announced that he is not going to coach there next year. I think he would make a pretty good fit. Then again, I wouldn't mind Coach Cook as head man in Evensville either. But what do I know? I'm just another fan, like you all.

I am glad we held Mr Young to only two TDs, both in the second half. That's one thing that hadn't been done this year. That is probably the high point of the night. Congrats Mr Young, you are a pretty good RB.

As for the Green, the boys played really hard. I question some of our decisions, but that's a normal occurrence for all of us. Why do we run a QB draw on 3rd and 20+ inside our own 20? Why do we consistently run the ball up the middle when Bearden shut it down time and time again? Now I realize you guys are going to be critical of my comments, but like the name says, I'm speaking for the unsilent majority. Our OC needs to broaden his playbook, maybe even finish his college education. I mean, we all know he's not a graduate, but only a certificate holder who monitors the in-school suspension children or "teaches" a freshman-level career management class all day long.

I'll leave the RC faithful with this: Time and time again, I've sat in the stands and watched this in disgust. After every game, one of our coaches never goes to the huddle. He puts his headset down, and waddles his way to the fieldhouse. Doesn't that strike you as odd? That he doesn't even go out to the huddle or anything? I would hope that he would have enough pride to go out and support his boys whether we won the state or went 0-10. But that's just my opinion.

I am glad we held Mr Young to only two TDs, both in the second half. That's one thing that hadn't been done this year. That is probably the high point of the night. Congrats Mr Young, you are a pretty good RB.

As for the Green, the boys played really hard. I question some of our decisions, but that's a normal occurrence for all of us. Why do we run a QB draw on 3rd and 20+ inside our own 20? Why do we consistently run the ball up the middle when Bearden shut it down time and time again? Now I realize you guys are going to be critical of my comments, but like the name says, I'm speaking for the unsilent majority. Our OC needs to broaden his playbook, maybe even finish his college education. I mean, we all know he's not a graduate, but only a certificate holder who monitors the in-school suspension children or "teaches" a freshman-level career management class all day long.

I'll leave the RC faithful with this: Time and time again, I've sat in the stands and watched this in disgust. After every game, one of our coaches never goes to the huddle. He puts his headset down, and waddles his way to the fieldhouse. Doesn't that strike you as odd? That he doesn't even go out to the huddle or anything? I would hope that he would have enough pride to go out and support his boys whether we won the state or went 0-10. But that's just my opinion.

Unsilent, I understand your concern for the program, but I am appalled at your attitude toward the coaches, especially Coach Cameron. I dont normally have a lot to say, but I have had 2 boys play under him and you are ignorant of what he has meant to our program and the job he does. You have no concept of the impact he has had on countless players as, not only a coach, but a mentor. He has helped several young men not only during their careers at RCHS and not only as football players, but on a personal level. He has made countless sacrifices to help these young men that you have no idea about. He is more than a great coach. He has been loyal and dedicated to this community and this program his entire career and I for one appreciate the effort he has given our kids and owe him my gratitude for the job he has done. Why cant you understand that in high school athletics, talent levels ebb and flow. These guys are the same coaches that have made 3 trips to the quarterfinals and won 2 region championships. Do you think they just forgot how they did that or are just not interested in doing it again? PUHLEEZE! If you dont undersstand that then you are not only ignorant about the men that lead our football program, you are also ignorant about high school football in general.

Unsilent, I understand your concern for the program, but I am appalled at your attitude toward the coaches, especially Coach Cameron. I dont normally have a lot to say, but I have had 2 boys play under him and you are ignorant of what he has meant to our program and the job he does. You have no concept of the impact he has had on countless players as, not only a coach, but a mentor. He has helped several young men not only during their careers at RCHS and not only as football players, but on a personal level. He has made countless sacrifices to help these young men that you have no idea about. He is more than a great coach. He has been loyal and dedicated to this community and this program his entire career and I for one appreciate the effort he has given our kids and owe him my gratitude for the job he has done. Why cant you understand that in high school athletics, talent levels ebb and flow. These guys are the same coaches that have made 3 trips to the quarterfinals and won 2 region championships. Do you think they just forgot how they did that or are just not interested in doing it again? PUHLEEZE! If you dont undersstand that then you are not only ignorant about the men that lead our football program, you are also ignorant about high school football in general.

HighGround, you sound like a mother. And the only reason for our Region Championships and playoff runs is pure talent outshining bad coaching. ever since the early ninetys.

I was just pointing out some clear observations and common knowledge regarding various things. You can call it tasteless, uncalled for, whatever you want. I'm just pointing out facts.

Do I doubt the coaching staff's will to win? No. What coach in their right mind goes to the practice field, film room, or game field without the will to win? The coaches want to win, no question. Are they the best people for the job? That's another question which I'll let everyone formulate their own opinion on. IMO, RC needs a coach that has no ties whatsoever locally who can come in, gut the program, and be as far away from the politics as possible.

If for some reason, Fitz and Co. were to disappear, AND RC decided to hire a coach that had RC ties, the old ball coach from SBA has announced that he is not going to coach there next year. I think he would make a pretty good fit. Then again, I wouldn't mind Coach Cook as head man in Evensville either. But what do I know? I'm just another fan, like you all.

You don't want Coach Cook, you need me, Monte, and Ed Orgeron to take over. That would really give the Eagle fans something to get their feathers ruffled about!

You don't want Coach Cook, you need me, Monte, and Ed Orgeron to take over. That would really give the Eagle fans something to get their feathers ruffled about!

If they didn't play as bad of politics as the current administration, then I don't care if you put GQ (George Quarles for the newbies) in Green and Gold. As long as the best 11 players were put on the field, we'd be just fine. However, some players in the past have played just because 'mommy' or 'daddy' had a good sized checkbook or was president, vp, etc of the booster club so Little Johnny got to play.

I am nowhere near ignorant of the program or high school football. I have not missed a game, home or away, rain or shine, since the 80s. I sit in the same spot every week at home and have a seat at all the away games. Having seen the program through all kinds of regime changes, I know quite a lot about how the coaches function. I know Coach Cameron takes care of his boys. But I know for a fact that 'his boys' are not 'all the boys'. Ask the players on the team now, or the players from the past few years. He has certain ones picked out that get all the playing time and all the credit. If you're not one of them, then you mine as well try to play defense for Fitz cause you have about as much chance of getting on the field as a WR or RB for Walt than a certain place freezing over :roflol: