BIG 8 Week 3

The Hill

Wow! Thanks for all the input on the history of the Big 8. I'm not sure how you keep up with the revolving conferences. I'm also gathering there is not alot of love between Tennessee High and Dobyns-Bennett. Either that or wacojaco and cap1. Those two teams have been together in most conference alignments? What is the all time record in that series? The back and forth is very amusing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thanks for all the input on the history of the Big 8. I'm not sure how you keep up with the revolving conferences. I'm also gathering there is not alot of love between Tennessee High and Dobyns-Bennett. Either that or wacojaco and cap1. Those two teams have been together in most conference alignments? What is the all time record in that series? The back and forth is very amusing.

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_dobben2000.htm

There you can find the results to their games. I'm not sure of the record, but DB has more wins in the series.

Edited by THSVikings2004

In the last 31 games the two schools have played against eachother... DB has 19 wins to THS 12.

In the last 31 games the two schools have played against eachother... DB has 19 wins to THS 12.

Even using your selective year method you still trail by 7 wins. Maybe you should of just said Tennessee High is 1-0 against the Tribe in the last year.

The overall record is DB-59 wins & Tennessee High-19 wins. There has been 1 tie. Thats a 76% win persentage for DB. Last year was the first win in the series in the last 10 years for Tennessee High.

:roflol:

Even using your selective year method you still trail by 7 wins. Maybe you should of just said Tennessee High is 1-0 against the Tribe in the last year.

The overall record is DB-59 wins & Tennessee High-19 wins. There has been 1 tie. Thats a 76% win persentage for DB. Last year was the first win in the series in the last 10 years for Tennessee High.

That is 100% correct. The Indians record against the Vikings IN BRISTOL - ALL-TIME is 27-10 (73%).

But the most celbrated victory came 17 years before J. Fred Johnson Stadium was built... it was 1925 and the game must have been closer than the score would indicate... 100-00 INDIANS. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Cap, you have been taken to the woodshed

Roll Tribe Roll

OMG… do you DB people ever stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!!! So are you basically saying that you’re not good enough to play at the 6A level? NEWS FLASH… there are no other schools your size EAST of Morristown or you would play them!!! Here is another NEWS FLASH (and this has to come as a shock to those of you that think you are the only team from this area that can compete with teams WEST of Morristown but) I don’t think there was but one teams that made it to the playoffs out of Region 1 that loss to a Region 3 or 4 (Knoxville) team… and that was Dobyns Bennett. :o THS, South, Boone, Greenville, Elizabethton, and the list goes on… all faired well against teams JUST WEST of Morristown (as you put it). Correct me if I’m wrong. You people say I’m hatin… but I’m just stating the facts. :thumb:

You must have been a terrible student. how did you get that i said we could'nt compete in 6A. What i'm saying is that playing slow teams like your precious Vikings late in the season hurts us come playoff time. Duh. You better hope you guys can beat that weak team from VA or you better not show up on here for a while. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!! :shock::twisted:

OMG are you serious!!! :o No wonder DB is the winningest school in the state (probably the world)... you count games played by the pilgrims. Did they even have football in 1925? Heck they hadn't even formed the NFL that far back. You guys are pitiful... just desperately pitiful!! The Stone Castle wasn't even built until 1936! I for one don't count any of that crap. Anything before segregation is inaccurate anyway by my rule. You can count your dinosaur days if you want. What the TSSAA says is 31 games 19-12 DB.

THS and DB didn’t play each other form 1999 till 2005 and the Vikings won in 1997. So Wac… give up on the 10 year thing its wac!! :thumb: FNCDB they couldn’t even take their beating like men last year… “their boys were sick that weekâ€. So FNCDB who you gonna believe; someone that posts a web link that shows the DOCUMENTED records posted by TSSAA… or two clowns that count BC (BEFORE CHRIST) games. :roflol:

You must have been a terrible student. how did you get that i said we could'nt compete in 6A. What i'm saying is that playing slow teams like your precious Vikings late in the season hurts us come playoff time. Duh. You better hope you guys can beat that weak team from VA or you better not show up on here for a while. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!! :shock::twisted:

Here go the violins again. :cry:

OMG are you serious!!! :o No wonder DB is the winningest school in the state (probably the world)... you count games played by the pilgrims. Did they even have football in 1925? Heck they hadn't even formed the NFL that far back. You guys are pitiful... just desperately pitiful!! The Stone Castle wasn't even built until 1936! I for one don't count any of that crap. Anything before segregation is inaccurate anyway by my rule. You can count your dinosaur days if you want. What the TSSAA says is 31 games 19-12 DB.

THS and DB didn’t play each other form 1999 till 2005 and the Vikings won in 1997. So Wac… give up on the 10 year thing its wac!! :thumb: FNCDB they couldn’t even take their beating like men last year… “their boys were sick that weekâ€. So FNCDB who you gonna believe; someone that posts a web link that shows the DOCUMENTED records posted by TSSAA… or two clowns that count BC (BEFORE CHRIST) games. :roflol:

Why must you continue to make yourself look like such an old fool?

So would you say this is the biggest rivalry in the area? I would have assumed with only 2 6A teams it would be Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill, which I have marked on my schedule. I don't hear alot from the Science Hill fans on here, tho. I can't wait until these two (Dobyns-Bennett and Tennessee High) lace em up. I know we are in a forum called week 3 so I am not trying to jump ahead. Short answer will suffice. What week is this game and who is the home team? Who is the first common opponent these two teams meet? I would love to get a better idea of this game. Ok, that's enough looking into the future, I'll try to stay current.

So would you say this is the biggest rivalry in the area? I would have assumed with only 2 6A teams it would be Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill, which I have marked on my schedule. I don't hear alot from the Science Hill fans on here, tho. I can't wait until these two (Dobyns-Bennett and Tennessee High) lace em up. I know we are in a forum called week 3 so I am not trying to jump ahead. Short answer will suffice. What week is this game and who is the home team? Who is the first common opponent these two teams meet? I would love to get a better idea of this game. Ok, that's enough looking into the future, I'll try to stay current.

Dobyns-Bennett Vs. Tennessee High October 8th 2010 at DB!