Oneida @ Cumberland Gap

crow

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Injuns,thought you would win this one.

Thanks pujo, the boys finally made some big plays tonight that actually went their way. Still to many fumbles & turnovers. I know we lost 2 that resulted in 14 points for the Gap. I can also remember 2 (maybe 3) more fumbles we didn't lose but they still hurt drives. That being said tonight seemed like the TEAM started playing tonight & seemed like they got better as the night went on. Finally broke the ice, now just keep it rolling boys.

BTW pujo how'd your dogs fair?

Thanks pujo, the boys finally made some big plays tonight that actually went their way. Still to many fumbles & turnovers. I know we lost 2 that resulted in 14 points for the Gap. I can also remember 2 (maybe 3) more fumbles we didn't lose but they still hurt drives. That being said tonight seemed like the TEAM started playing tonight & seemed like they got better as the night went on. Finally broke the ice, now just keep it rolling boys.

BTW pujo how'd your dogs fair?

I was scared to death going up there without Dirty! Didn't want to comment on that cause only the Oneida folks would know he was sitting out with his heel....and it was 7 fumbles!!?!! Only Oneida can have 350 yds of Offense and 7 fumbles! It's completely a mental thing and I think we are finally over it!

I was thinking, listening to Coach Brew...our seniors are young as well. This group of upperclassmen have never had to lead. Theres always been a Koty Duncan or Houston Hood to make some play. Sam really stepped up huge at just the right time.

Coaching staff did really well of playing new boys here and there, giving some a break when then started to waiver a bit (mentally) Burchfield played well, Weber is off the charts along with Bear and Cole West! Not so young anymore!

Edited by SmashMouth

Congrats to the Tribe for breaking through this week. A good team that will make some noise. From stats and descriptions of the game sounds like a hard fought effort. One thing coach Brew and the boys from Oneida are known for is playing a hard 4 quarters and getting after folks. Sounds like a good night for the tribe. Good luck next week.

Edited by Getitandgo

Congrats to Oneida. What a hard fought football game by both teams. Too many crucial mistakes by CG at very inopportune times. A roughing the punter and a botched punt return lead to 2 Oneida scores. Oneida was able to capitalize though and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. Good luck to the tribe the rest of the way. You guys have got a good football team. Hope you guys win the rest. For CG, keep battling and hanging in there, it will go your way at some point. Just keep your heads up.

Congrats to Oneida. What a hard fought football game by both teams. Too many crucial mistakes by CG at very inopportune times. A roughing the punter and a botched punt return lead to 2 Oneida scores. Oneida was able to capitalize though and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. Good luck to the tribe the rest of the way. You guys have got a good football team. Hope you guys win the rest. For CG, keep battling and hanging in there, it will go your way at some point. Just keep your heads up.

Good luck to you all well veerman! We almost had the fog bowl again! Hope to see you all next year. Best of luck the rest of the way!

From where I'm sitting a win is a win. There are things across the board to nitpick on, but thats what you get when the youngsters play. Look at Tennessee with all those Freshmen (16 played I believe), it looked OK through a half then the dam broke! We'll keep learning as we go, but the growing pains are about what I expected originally. I caught the fever when we had such strong showings in the pre-season, but inevitably reality tends to set in. I think the team has a bright future and they may get feisty enough to make the play-offs, but eventually those turnovers won't let them get by a good play-off team. I don't mean that to get down on any of the kids or the staff....heck, I'll wade down any alley with them! If the bug (turnovers) doesn't stop, basically they are paddling upstream. I sure hope the off week gets us healthy for the stretch run. Sam hasn't looked fit yet....all those bumps and bruises add up! Bottom Line: Everybody is trying....!

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

And Congrats on the first win.

From where I'm sitting a win is a win. There are things across the board to nitpick on, but thats what you get when the youngsters play. Look at Tennessee with all those Freshmen (16 played I believe), it looked OK through a half then the dam broke! We'll keep learning as we go, but the growing pains are about what I expected originally. I caught the fever when we had such strong showings in the pre-season, but inevitably reality tends to set in. I think the team has a bright future and they may get feisty enough to make the play-offs, but eventually those turnovers won't let them get by a good play-off team. I don't mean that to get down on any of the kids or the staff....heck, I'll wade down any alley with them! If the bug (turnovers) doesn't stop, basically they are paddling upstream. I sure hope the off week gets us healthy for the stretch run. Sam hasn't looked fit yet....all those bumps and bruises add up! Bottom Line: Everybody is trying....!

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

And Congrats on the first win.

I think the boys are gonna play more relaxed now. If they do, the turn-overs will stop all together. Man, it can be worse than the flu. A RB runs out there is thinking "Don't Fumble". You can see it in their eyes, then all the RB's are thinking it. They shouldn't be thinking at all! That's why you practice so much. Just go play and have some fun! I think Coach Brewster and his staff have made some adjustment that will help everyone.

I love what Joe Paterno said, "your not gonna win the game yourself, your not gonna loose it yourself, you only get to play so many games, so you better enjoy it!"

The thing I like the most, beside everybody playing hard, is the forced fumble on the punt. Can not wait for the other team to screw up, have to make your own destiny. The Indians have a few tests left...I just hope they can play well enough in the second half to pick up a playoff game maybe two. Still a bunch of football left to play.

I think the boys are gonna play more relaxed now. If they do, the turn-overs will stop all together. Man, it can be worse than the flu. A RB runs out there is thinking "Don't Fumble". You can see it in their eyes, then all the RB's are thinking it. They shouldn't be thinking at all! That's why you practice so much. Just go play and have some fun! I think Coach Brewster and his staff have made some adjustment that will help everyone.

I love what Joe Paterno said, "your not gonna win the game yourself, your not gonna loose it yourself, you only get to play so many games, so you better enjoy it!"

The thing I like the most, beside everybody playing hard, is the forced fumble on the punt. Can not wait for the other team to screw up, have to make your own destiny. The Indians have a few tests left...I just hope they can play well enough in the second half to pick up a playoff game maybe two. Still a bunch of football left to play.

Unfortunately for CG that fumbled punt was by a freshman. He is going to be a good player. Heck he starts on defense. I hope that doesnt hurt his confidence any. You are right smash, you got to make your own breaks sometimes in football. Hopefully CG can think about what couldve been and keep playin hard. Can't fault their effort at all. Maybe they will get things goin on the right track soon. I hope so cause it dont get any easier for them. Best of luck to Oneida the rest of the way.