Halls vs Webb

pxtra2010

Webb are good. Webb passed for more yards out of their wing-t multi dimensional.

Bright spot Longs 55 yard scamper the first points given up by Webb's D.

Sadly 22 attempts running the ball for only 97 yards see above. That left 42 yards as the Webb defense dominated. Tried to pass the ball 7-17 with 5 picks tough night all around.

Game over at halftime 35-7. Which realistically we all thought. Thanks for Webb for not pilling it on like Powell did which will be remembered sometime down the way.

Big surprise Hardin Valley beat Clinton.

People underestimate the ability for Webb to pass out of their Wing-T offense and are surprised when they actually see it for themselves. Their run game is really good and when you scheme to stop it Webb's OC will make you pay with a variety a passing plays that use the same formations and motion as a running play.

Halls has a handful of players who are good and others who seem to be athletic. It's really hard for a non-Halls person to understand why they are struggling so much.

Webb will always pull their starters if the game gets out of reach, in fact I mentioned it previously in this thread. Very proud of how Webb played last night and continue to be impressed with how their coaching staff has molded this team together after losing close to 20 seniors off last years team and dressing only 40 players this year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some food for thought - is it piling on when the starters don't play in the second half? I mentioned this last week. Powell had just 3 second half drives against Halls, and they didn't throw a single pass in the second half. The JV/freshmen players were on the field (not the starters), and they scored touchdowns on all three drives. Plus, Halls left their starters in for 48 minutes. Is it Powell's fault that Halls 1st string defense couldn't stop Powell's 2nd/3rd stringers or that Halls offensive starters couldn't score against Powell's 2nd/3rd string defense?

People give Alcoa a very hard time after they hung 91 on Gatlinburg-Pittman back in the 2005 playoffs, but what most casual observers don't remember is that Alcoa had freshmen and 8th graders in the game in the entire 2nd half! I guess I fail to see how that is piling on when you are giving the young kids/backups an opportunity to play. I guess next time the freshmen come into the game, they should just take a knee or punt on first down, right?

I am not speaking for ZCAR but perhaps they were makiing the "piling on" comment to Lowe's comment that he would run it up if the opportunity was there. Most coaches have a little class and Don't run up the score - but hey, kudos to Powell for putting it out there. Powell may take it all the way this year. Good luck to them. Even though the score of 62-7 was brutal, the highlight of the game was Halls touchback field length touchdown! How many kids do that, good run Long!

Good luck this week OSUNUT2 - who does Powell meet up with?

I am not speaking for ZCAR but perhaps they were makiing the "piling on" comment to Lowe's comment that he would run it up if the opportunity was there. Most coaches have a little class and Don't run up the score - but hey, kudos to Powell for putting it out there. Powell may take it all the way this year. Good luck to them. Even though the score of 62-7 was brutal, the highlight of the game was Halls touchback field length touchdown! How many kids do that, good run Long!

Good luck this week OSUNUT2 - who does Powell meet up with?

This will be a big one - AC @ Powell on Friday night.

This will be a big one - AC @ Powell on Friday night.

It will be one of the best games of the year this year. Both have excellent offenses.

Same as Prepxtra. Thought 63 points very harsh whether the cheerleaders and waterboys were in. A young team losing like that can leave a indelible mark on their future. I suppose i'm to old school. I do understand the JV's and Freshman getting to share the limelight but there was no way a team comes back from that score and especially in High School. My thoughts are the Coaching staff needs to be a tad bit more senitive to whole picture and I'm not the only bad apple feeling that way.

But Osnut nothing personal against you or your team which I am very impressed with. I hope you guys go all the way it's nice to see North Knox showing some moxi again. Powell has some outstanding talent which is all meshing together at the right time.

As a side note I can't open messages for some reason but if I offended anyone I apoligise. But I still have my old conservative side and I do know over the years a response will be made to a drubbing like that it's just the law of averages as the talent shifts in each program due to the student participation at his school is limited to four years.

Edited by ZCAR

ZCAR, exactly what was Matt supposed to do? He had freshmen in running the football for the balance of the game after he pulled the starters after the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Is he supposed to tell those guys to take a knee for a quarter and a half? To most, that would be more embarrassing than having freshmen and sophomore backups score against the starters It's not like Powell was throwing the ball downfield trying to run it up. They were running the regular offense, keeping it on the ground.

I've talked to quite a few folks in Halls who were at the game. I haven't heard one word about Powell trying to run the score up. If one saw the game they know it didn't happen, and who was in the game for both sides in the second half. All of us have been on both sides of those types of games. They are no fun if you are on the losing side.

That's my first and last comment on it. That game is old news. There is a pretty big game about to take place this Friday at Scarbro.

Hang in there. Halls will be back in the mix.