13AA

redbirdfan

OC did struggle last night, but I would expect a large margin when they meet up again on OC's court. I think OC will leave no doubt who the leader in the district is. Westview has a good squad who plays good team ball, but OC has the heart and now they have a broader range of talent in the starting 5. Tucker, Wright, Goodman, Preuett, and Hicks will be unstoppable as the season progresses. The bench is deep enough to keep the top 5 fresh for battle to the end.

Oh yeah- I belive OC beat Covington by 20+ points.

Gibson Co. loses to Covington tonight by the score of 49-44. In no way EVER should a Gibson Co. team lose to a Covington team like this one. No knock on Covington, but they are definately nowhere near the best team we will face this year and there's no explanation as to how Covington beat us except they wanted it more. We come out of the half with a twelve point lead. Our lead evaporates within the first 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter and Covington goes on a 12-0 run to tie it up. Still no timeout. Covington then goes up by as many as 5 points in the 3rd eventually ending the 3rd period with a 3 point lead. Oh yea, we still have all 5 timeouts left. We're in the 4th quarter and Covington gets up by as many as 9. Finally with around 3 min. left in the game a timeout is called. I know coaches can get caught up in the game, but not that caught up. I must admit that was one of the most sickening games I've watched at Gibson Co. in years. Maybe things will change. Keep working hard ladies!

I think hiring the coach from the get go was a HUGE mistake considering all the experience coaches available to take over a program like GC

Edited by wtspfan

Obion Central is playing in Kentucky this week in the Lady Bomber Classic at Ballard Memorial HS...

OC won their first game over Chrittenden County 67-49...CC had come in 6-0 but is a 1A school..OC won Tuesday vs traditional power(6A)Marshall County 87-62...

** The classifications are for football since Kentucky doesn't have classes in basketball **

OC Lady Rebels also won last evening, playing the 2nd game of the day and defeating Chicago St.male by a final of 71-35 winning their 14th game in a row. :mellow: Will now play Dyersburg at 6pm today in the finals of the Ballard Christmas Lady Bomber Classic.

OC will also play next week in Dyersburg at the Regional Hospital Christmas Tourney beginning on Tuesday vs. Gosnell,Arkansas at 4pm and will more than likely take on the Lake Co. Lady Falcons at 4pm on Wednesday as they are in the same bracket and both will be heavily favored to win their opening round games. :thumb:

Should be just a slobber knocker of a time.. Getcha POPCORN READY!! :popcorneater:

OC Lady Rebels also won last evening, playing the 2nd game of the day and defeating Chicago St.male by a final of 71-35 winning their 14th game in a row. :mellow: Will now play Dyersburg at 6pm today in the finals of the Ballard Christmas Lady Bomber Classic.

OC will also play next week in Dyersburg at the Regional Hospital Christmas Tourney beginning on Tuesday vs. Gosnell,Arkansas at 4pm and will more than likely take on the Lake Co. Lady Falcons at 4pm on Wednesday as they are in the same bracket and both will be heavily favored to win their opening round games. :thumb:

Should be just a slobber knocker of a time.. Getcha POPCORN READY!! :popcorneater:

Have you heard how Lake County did yesterday ??....I know Ballard beat them 69-65 on Monday...

And...Didn't they score over 100 points on Gosnell a couple of years ago ??... :roflol:

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Have you seen the brackets?I have been gone and haven't seen them.I figured Dyersburg would have maybe the top 2 teams playing.Surprised we're not playing the first game though.Usually dyersburg makes sure their team has an easy route to the championship on the other side but if Brighton is on that side,they just might get fooled

Have you heard how Lake County did yesterday ??....I know Ballard beat them 69-65 on Monday...

And...Didn't they score over 100 points on Gosnell a couple of years ago ??... :roflol:

Not for sure P & G how Lake Co. did. Suprised they got beat on Monday :unsure:

And yes OC played Gosnell in the first game at the new Central Station facility in 2006 and won big 104-14 I think. but yes, over 100 points. Gosnell didn't look good.

Shouldn't be a problem on Tuesday- and they should play Lake Co. on Wednesday.

Central did score a 100 points that game.I went because my son wanted to go.His mom lived in Gosnell at the time and he knew some of the players.I think Gosnell only has about 600 students and the middle school and high school is all together or at least the 7th grade through the 12th grade.Seems like Central scored about 106 points.Gosnell couldn't even dribble the ball down the floor.Also think it was the first home game at the new Central school but I could be wrong about that.