Fulton/AC/AE

swamp

Posted by conway:

One of the problems AE faced this year was that almost all schools were in the second year of a two year contract with other schools. Almost every school in the state already had a schedule, based on the previous year.

Right but the reason why they went out of state last year to play was no one in Knoxville would play. They just,want 1 game with another KFL school.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redskins31

roadrunner is right noone wants to play ae they had to have an out of state game last yeareverybody else has to play them,lets see what a team like naryville does to ae ,i think nothin

Why you keep calling Maryville out I don't know... Maryville will have 3 county games, MoTown West, and 6 region games on their schedule for the next 2 years, just like this year and last year.

As for the teams that have to play you, those are: Kingston, Loudon, Lenoir City, Fulton, Gibbs, Anderson Co, and Scott High. From what I understand KFL schools are supposed to play each other whenever possible (which is idiotic, IMO), but AE won't drop Brainerd or Howard, so they aren't playing by KFL policy, so noone should force anyone in the KFL to play them. I'm sure there are schools in state that will play you. There are probably several in the mid-state that region 4 teams will have to drop since they are going to a round-robin schedule with 9 region games next year.

Posted by swamp:

Why you keep calling Maryville out I don't know... Maryville will have 3 county games, MoTown West, and 6 region games on their schedule for the next 2 years, just like this year and last year.

As for the teams that have to play you, those are: Kingston, Loudon, Lenoir City, Fulton, Gibbs, Anderson Co, and Scott High. From what I understand KFL schools are supposed to play each other whenever possible (which is idiotic, IMO), but AE won't drop Brainerd or Howard, so they aren't playing by KFL policy, so noone should force anyone in the KFL to play them. I'm sure there are schools in state that will play you. There are probably several in the mid-state that region 4 teams will have to drop since they are going to a round-robin schedule with 9 region games next year.

It's easy for him to call maryville out because he knows it aint gonna happen any time soon. to insinuate maryville is scared to play ae is a joke. anyone who knows anything about high school football in this area knows that.

Wake up guys. Maryville is not scared to play AE. AE is not scared to play Maryville. Both staffs have a mutual respect for one another. I wish the fans on the net would also show some mutual respect. I expect the two teams to start scrimmaging on a regular basis. Maryville has a full schedule and will for several years. Austin-East also has a full schedule for next year. They play Webb in week one, and retain Howard and Brainerd in weeks 3 and 5. This issue about Knox area teams not playing AE needs to go away because it is not a big deal.

Posted by Redskins31:

roadrunner is right noone wants to play ae they had to have an out of state game last yeareverybody else has to play them,lets see what a team like naryville does to ae ,i think nothin

Maryville plays a tough schedule. Matter of fact the Blount county teams play each other and I understand why they don't have the room to play Austin East. All the Blount County teams are tough and to eliminate one just to play AE would not be beneficial to a Maryville or Alcoa.